The Student Room Group

Current uni students!!! Did you ever feel like this?

Starting university in September is really scary for me :s-smilie:

I'm worried about general uni life, making friends etc. but mostly how I might be academically incapable of doing right :frown: This really frightens me!! How its gonna be hard, plus moving away from home and losing current support will make it even more difficult.

Anyone current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 100th year students have any experiences similar? :confused:
Original post by lala121
Starting university in September is really scary for me :s-smilie:

I'm worried about general uni life, making friends etc. but mostly how I might be academically incapable of doing right :frown: This really frightens me!! How its gonna be hard, plus moving away from home and losing current support will make it even more difficult.

Anyone current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 100th year students have any experiences similar? :confused:

Hey there! :smile: I've finished a year at uni and don't worry I know exactly how you feel! I felt that way too, I was quite behind some of my peers academically and so I struggled and sometimes felt like I was incapable and couldn't cope (I nearly quit twice from the stress) but I didn't quit I stuck to it and I tried my best and I managed to pass my first year! Uni can be difficult but you need to work hard, the moment you start giving up the harder it gets so try to keep your head up and be positive.

With saying that, yes uni is hard but it has also so far been the best experience in my life and it has made me so much happier and confident. I also worried about making friends (social anxiety) but I managed it and I'm sure you'll do it too!

If you have any questions about uni or any struggles feel free to ask me :smile: I'm here anytime

Quick Reply

Latest