The Student Room Group

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?

Scroll to see replies

In London....:wink:

Out one night and in the early hours of the morning my friend's car tyre was flat, a policeman walked past on duty 'ello ello ello' and he changed the tyre for us, nice:smile:.
Original post by Secretnerd123
That always happens to me. I think the bus drivers in my area are quite nice although there is a devil amongst them who even makes you get off if he doesn't have change.

on that day i had to make my way from north london to south london. i had two buses and a train to catch. the train first then the two connecting buses. i definitely noticed that north london bus drivers just flat out refused to take on even though i had the free buss pass thing. in south london things got easier :biggrin:
Well, back in 2008, I was about 12 and it was snowing heavily. My school didn't tell us if they were closed or not and usually stay open even in bad weather so my dad assumed it was opened and dropped me off half way. It was closed and I didn't have a phone and started to cry because I don't know. I was scared someone was gonna hurt me. Anyway, as I was crying this man saw me and told a bus driver to drop me off home and even offered to pay my bus fare but the bus couldn't go, so he called a taxi and paid for me. I hope wherever he is, that he knows how much I appreciate that gesture. :smile:
One time I was at a concert and I was kind of struggling to see the stage (because I'm so short :P). This tall guy next to me saw me, and offered me a boost. He let me sit on his shoulders for like, 15 mins. It was really cool :smile:
I offered him a drink and he said thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was running late for one of my exams, and a very nice lady asked the bus driver to stop for me (she saw me running for the bus as it was leaving).

I was literally right next to bus stop but the bus driver decided not to stop. Almost all bus drivers seem to be *******s, but I still said thank you to her because I thought it was super nice of her. :smile:

I also like those nice people that make small talk with you in public, like when you're shopping, eating lunch or on the bus or something. In our busy lives it's nice to just talk to a stranger for a couple of minutes about the weather. :biggrin:

Oh, and people who give you cash when you haven't got enough money. :yy:
Reply 106
A lady helped me find my car key fob, the new slim dinky ones, I had slipped it inside my knee length boots ! she was clever and I was panicking like hell! she even offered to drive me home as I was clearly shaking ! no knee length boots ever again
Reply 107
Once I got some money out at a cash machine, took my card and forgot to wait for the money. A stranger chased after me and gave me the money :smile:

xxx
Walking home from work wearing a dress and sandals w/ no jacket or form of protection from the cold, (it had been warm that day). It started tipping it down and some random lady noticed I was shivering and offered me her umbrella because 'she didn't feel as cold as I looked'. Super nice! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by matthewduncan
Theres more of a chance of you getting knifed than that happening in north london :biggrin:

Haha very funny. Better get my stab vest then.
Was at festival, front row, and the girl behind thought I was too short and would get squished, so she her hand on the bar either side of me and took the pressure from the crowd. :tongue: Was walking out, slightly drunk, and couldn't walk, so this guy helped me and took me to buy water, but I'd lost my change, so a different woman offered me some of hers, that she'd just brought, cause it was about to pass out. These people were awesome!
The back of my skirt was tucked up so my knickers were on show.. some girl kindly stopped me to tell me, even though she was clearly a bit worried about my potential reaction (I thought it was nice that, even though it was super awkward, she still felt it better to tell me than let me carrying on walking around like that!).

Also a while ago I was in tears because I thought I was going to miss my first ever LPC exam because a train was massively delayed and I didn't want to fail it. This man offered to pay for a taxi for me from where we were. I didn't take him up on the offer (could never make someone pay for a taxi for me!) but it was really nice of him.

And one time I was in tears at work, like hysterical tears and some girl I'd never met before came up to me and gave me a pack of tissues :smile:
Was cycling to the station to try and catch a train when I got a flat tyre. Somebody spotted my plight, stopped and left me their whole bag of bike maintenance kit along with their phone number so I could get it back to them. Easily £60 worth of stuff.

But that's fellow cyclists for you! :smile: Returned it to them the next day.
Accidentally fell asleep on a posh old man on the train from Birmingham to Manchester lol! He said it was not a problem and asked if I was comfortable:colondollar:
a woman who was interviewing me stopped me from working in telesales.
The other day I was standing at the bus-stop during absolutely horrible rain and there was no room for anymore people in the bus shelter, so I stood outside the bus shelter getting soaked, no coat, umbrella and just a small shirt (because it was lovely and sunny in the morning) and then this 18-19 year old guy from a nearby uni was stood outside the bus-stop too and he had an umbrella and he asked me if I wanted to get under it with him. I thought "Get soaked or stand uncomfortably close to a stranger?" and I knew which one I wanted more, so I stood with him. He smelled like Rolo yoghurts, but better than getting soaked.
Reply 116
Original post by HappyHylian
The other day I was standing at the bus-stop during absolutely horrible rain and there was no room for anymore people in the bus shelter, so I stood outside the bus shelter getting soaked, no coat, umbrella and just a small shirt (because it was lovely and sunny in the morning) and then this 18-19 year old guy from a nearby uni was stood outside the bus-stop too and he had an umbrella and he asked me if I wanted to get under it with him. I thought "Get soaked or stand uncomfortably close to a stranger?" and I knew which one I wanted more, so I stood with him. He smelled like Rolo yoghurts, but better than getting soaked.

rolo yogurts lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
rolo yogurts lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, he did! XD
I was horny so a stranger offered me sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the moment, the thing that springs to mind is a young French guy seeing me and my friends looking very lost in the middle of the metro at midnight because the line we were meant to take to the train station looked like it was closed, when a train came along he nearly got squashed in the doors trying to hold it open for us which I thought was very sweet.

The grandparents of one of my penpals letting my family stay at theirs while we were on holiday even though they'd never met us before in their lives, I thought that was lovely.

Quick Reply

Latest