The Student Room Group

Strangers staring in public

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EatAndRevise
I guess that is a good thing then, haha.

Yeah I really wouldn't fret, there's obviously something intriguing about you :smile:
How do you react to the attention?

To be honest, i have reached a certain age where

a) i couldnt give a toss
b) if anyone wants to interact with me, they are more than welcome :smile:
Reply 22
It's probably you imagining people are staring at you due to lack of self confidence. Staring back at people will just make you seem weird and could lead to confrontation. If you're that self conscious I wouldn't imagine you'd be able to stare back at people though.
Reply 23
I get that a fair amount and it makes me feel quite insecure.
I stare back. Especially if it's another male trying to act all macho and intimidate me. < That **** makes me angry pretty fast. Staring is rude.
If you don't like it, just stare back, hold it and slowly lick your lips.
Original post by Maid Marian
I feel like that too, maybe it's just paranoia?

Or maybe you are banging hot and they all want to bone you?
Reply 27
Stare back!
I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.

No-one here is unique. Get over yourself.

What else are people supposed to look at - the sky?
Original post by SarcasticMel
Or maybe you are banging hot and they all want to bone you?

sarcasm is strong in this one :wink:
Original post by SoftPunch
sarcasm is strong in this one :wink:

Nah, I bet Marian is a real hottie. Just lacks self confidence.
Nah, I bet Marian is a real hottie. Just lacks self confidence.

Ruthless Dutchman would know. And probably some others. But no-one is telling.
Ruthless Dutchman would know. And probably some others. But no-one is telling.

Ofc they are not, I doubt she'd meet with *******s.

hahaha you'd be surprised :colone:

in fact, she's the organiser of all 'em meetings :cool:
Reply 35
I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.

yea its cause your big. you might be a violent threat to peoples safety or a rapist.
No-one here is unique. Get over yourself.

What else are people supposed to look at - the sky?

I knew I liked you for a reason. Top lel :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

This feeling will dissipate over time. Just act as if you have no cares in the world nor embarassed about anything. Easiest in cities where you hardly see the same person twice if you're just walking down a bustling street/sidewalk.
Reply 38
B

Bcos you too sexy
I feel like that too tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending