The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2014

Hi everyone,

It seems like there is no thread for postgraduate students starting next September so...

I have been accepted for the LLM in Advanced Legal Studies. Is anyone here applying for an LLM as well?!

I have also applied for on-campus accommodation. However, they are quiet expensive and it seems like availability of on-campus accommodation for postgrad' is very limited.
Is anyone trying to find a flat in Leamington or Coventry?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,

I'm starting an MA in September :smile: I've got the same problem with accommodation; it's so expensive! I'd prefer to live in a flat in Leamington, but it's a bit difficult if you don't any other prospective students.What's your preferred on-campus accommodation?
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi there,
I'm starting an MBA in September :smile: I've got the same problem with accommodation, it's so expensive and I'd prefer living in a flat in Leamington, but it's a bit difficult, if you don't know anyone. What's your preferred on-campus accommodation?
Reply 3
Hey !

I'd like to live in a flat in Leam as well if I can't live on-campus. We have to wait until August for their answer though :/

Claycroft and Tocil.... because Heronbank and Lakeside are way too expensive... it's like 20 more pounds a week only because you've an en-suite bathroom... I'd rather share my bathroom with other students ahah

What about you?!
Reply 4
same concern here... anyone knows how much is it to rent a flat? including fees like electricity, water, gas...

are you guys considering university-owned property or finding the flats by yourselves?
Reply 5
It depends on whether you want to live in Coventry or in Leamington. Rent are higher in Leamington because it's nicer than Coventry.

According to what I know, only large properties includes utility bills....

I applied for campus accommodation and off-campus accommodation. If I don't have an off-campus accommodation in Leamington, I'll certainly try to find a flat by myself... including utilities bills and if I can with an en-suite ahaha... but well.... not sure it will be possible though. And we have to wait until August to hear from Warwick Accommodation!

What about you? Which master are you gonna do?
Reply 6
Hi Takius! I am going to do Economics.

My first 2 choices would definitely be Claycroft and Tocil because of the cost. I am struggling between the on-campus en suite and the off-campus accommodation if I don't have the above two. I am wondering if the cost would be more or less the same as for off-campus accommodation I am expecting around £90 for rent and £30 for utilities?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jimjims
Hi Takius! I am going to do Economics.

My first 2 choices would definitely be Claycroft and Tocil because of the cost. I am struggling between the on-campus en suite and the off-campus accommodation if I don't have the above two. I am wondering if the cost would be more or less the same as for off-campus accommodation I am expecting around £90 for rent and £30 for utilities?

Well are you an Home/UE student or an oversee student?? Because if you're an international studend you will certainly have your choice.

Then if you have to choose bewteen Lakeside/Heronbank and an off-campud accommodation, I don't know what is the best... because the price will be almost the same, especially if you're living in Leamington - which is a really nice place and also the place where you go for a night out.

Me I am quiet worried because I really want to be on campud but I'm EU student... so D:
Reply 8
I'm doing a Master in Writing...can't decide either :P it's probably more convenient to live on Campus, but I'm also concerned about noise etc. I've lived in student halls in my first year, it was horrific! Both options are so expensive! I don't really want to live in Coventry either; best option would be a flat/house with a few people in Leamington. I'm an EU student as well :smile:
Some things to keep in mind for campus accommodation is that all bills are included, repairs are completed promptly and you don't need to rely on buses to get in; while it may look more expensive, you do get more included in the rent.
Reply 10
yeah, that's true. I wonder how likely it is to actually get a place on campus, I bet everybody applies for them.
Reply 11
Original post by Kat274
yeah, that's true. I wonder how likely it is to actually get a place on campus, I bet everybody applies for them.

It's true that it's convenient to be on-campus but they obviously don't have enough on-campus accommodation for PG. :/ The allocation is made by ballot... so it's you and your luck.... except if you're an international student !
So yes, most of us might end up of campus... in Coventry x.x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Takius
Well are you an Home/UE student or an oversee student?? Because if you're an international studend you will certainly have your choice.

Then if you have to choose bewteen Lakeside/Heronbank and an off-campud accommodation, I don't know what is the best... because the price will be almost the same, especially if you're living in Leamington - which is a really nice place and also the place where you go for a night out.

Me I am quiet worried because I really want to be on campud but I'm EU student... so D:

I am an international student. But I heard from the Warwick local office that many students complained they didn't have on campus accommodation last year. :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by jimjims
I am an international student. But I heard from the Warwick local office that many students complained they didn't have on campus accommodation last year. :s-smilie:

Pretty sure it'll be alright for international students this year. We just have to wait until August I guess.

I really hope we'll have our answers before September...
Hey everyone, I will be studying MSc Engineering Business Management on September. Anyone else ?
I'm an international student so what are the odds of getting a on-campus accomodation? I just got my offer so I haven't applied for it yet.
I will be doing the MA Film and Television. Would love to team up with you guys if I can't get any on--campus accommodation. Please keep me posted!
Reply 16
Original post by gica hagi
Hey everyone, I will be studying MSc Engineering Business Management on September. Anyone else ?
I'm an international student so what are the odds of getting a on-campus accomodation? I just got my offer so I haven't applied for it yet.

The odds are pretty good don't worry :tongue:

I really hope I'll make it on campus as well... :'( I can't wait to go to Warwick!
Hi guys, I'm Starting the LL.M in ICGFR in September. Does anybody know whether past students have been satisfied with the course?
Accepted my offer for International Political Economy MA. Anyone else in PaIS?
Reply 19
Original post by Danny_law_13
Hi guys, I'm Starting the LL.M in ICGFR in September. Does anybody know whether past students have been satisfied with the course?

I was an exchange student at Warwick during my 3rd year and I can tell you that the Law School level is really good. The lecturers were really competent, so I guess it will be the same for PG courses!

I'm starting an LLM as well, but it's the Advanced Legal Studies one. We might have some modules in common though!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending