:yep: of course.
Original post by Sena5
:yep: of course.

Vietnamese students to be specific??
Reply 3
Original post by Scarlett2111

Definitely not when you are this pretty:smile:
Gonna be honest the last Vietnamese student I tried to make friends with was an absolute dickhead. Spoiled brat with loads of prejudices.

I'm sure you're lovely though.
Original post by malefni

What do u mean really? Are u teasing me or smt😅
Do Asian students get along well with UK students???:confused:

People are just being nice. I'll let you know the harsh truth, some do get along find but most tend to shy away from UK students and stick to their own little groups. They will not communicate or even acknowledge those not in their groups.

Note I said some and most so it's not like you have no chance mixing with UK students.

This is speaking from experience having attended two universities and speaking with friends who observed the same thing.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Gonna be honest the last Vietnamese student I tried to make friends with was an absolute dickhead. Spoiled brat with loads of prejudices.

I'm sure you're lovely though.

I'm not that kind really😊
Reply 8
Not at all! You are pretty:smile: And yes, UK is a multi cultural society and you would have not have any issues making friends:smile:
Original post by TSA
People are just being nice. I'll let you know the harsh truth, some do get along find but most tend to shy away from UK students and stick to their own little groups. They will not communicate or even acknowledge those not in their groups.

Note I said some and most so it's not like you have no chance mixing with UK students.

This is speaking from experience having attended two universities and speaking with friends who observed the same thing.

U have good point. Thks a lot!
Original post by malefni
Not at all! You are pretty:smile: And yes, UK is a multi cultural society and you would have not have any issues making friends:smile:

It's so nice of u to say so. Thks a lot ^^
Reply 11

lol Many students are visiting UK universities to learn there. So, I don't think Vietnam will be something special. All are the same and treated equally there. Therefore, Vietnamese also can.
East Asian or South Asian ?
Original post by LaughingBro
East Asian or South Asian ?

What's the difference? All're Asian and i mean Vietnamese
^ OP, UK and America's definition of 'Asian' is different. Google it! :wink: :facepalm:
Original post by malefni

How can you tell if she's pretty when the pic is too small to see clearly! :confused:
^ OP, UK and America's definition of 'Asian' is different. Google it! :wink: :facepalm:

Got it!

Got it!

Nah. I only ever heard of 'south asian / east asian' on the student room. People in real life just say Asian. / indian / whatever
Original post by ChickenMadness
Nah. I only ever heard of 'south asian / east asian' on the student room. People in real life just say Asian. / indian / whatever

'Oriental: The term is used for East Asians in British English (where 'Asian' means someone from South Asia; i.e. Pakistan or India).'
Seriously,it's so annoying!
'Oriental: The term is used for East Asians in British English (where 'Asian' means someone from South Asia; i.e. Pakistan or India).'
Seriously,it's so annoying!

ye it is annoying haha. People trying to change the definition of the word.

btw I've never heard anyone say south asian my entire life living in UK. When i first heard it on here I had to google it to find out what they meant.

When people say Asian they always meant china/japan/korea/etc. Or they just say the country.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest