The Student Room Group

Race dating opinions.

Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

To all those out there thinking this is to give black girls a confidence boost or to tear down their pride, get of your high horse, some people enjoy seeing opinions of others for the sake of learning, i am here to see the generalisations, of course i know people are different everywhere, if everyone was the same life would be boring.

If you do not approve of the thread simply don't answer it, and waste my time.
Arguments are obviously expected but try not to me immature about it please.

Thank you to all those that have given me answers to work with :biggrin:

Okay another edit-
Look at racism like the class system in lets say france before the revolution.
People got privileges because they were in a particular class and people suffered cause they weren't.

So racism is simple a kind of equality were a person gets included or receives a privilege because he or she is a particular race, or a person is excluded or treated badly because of his her race.

Like how high school was depicted in mean girls.

Now we all know that the mean girls kind of high school has been overthrown in most high schools these days, everyone is now usually equally different, theres some bullying here and there but its not usually the whole school against a group of people because a group of people made it that way, its a group of people being irrelevant till they make themselves relevant, like show business.

So why can't people see racism like this and know that its practically extinct, and what the problem now is, stereotyping, which is being sceptical of people you barely know, because of what the universal view about them is one thing or the other.

Its not necessarily a bad thing in this day and age, as there are some real shady ones out there, and an animated example of stereotyping would be a texas standoff, everyones gun is up and ready to fire at a target because of fear of being harmed. But the unfortunate thing is in that situation everyone is harmed one way or the other.

Thats what we should be tackling though, how to understand each other, and we can't do that till everyone, as the term implies puts down their gun.

A famous philosopher (i think) once said if you search for the bad in a person you will find it
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you black? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Arieisit
Are you black? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, i thought that was obvi
Reply 3
Original post by Sopheea
Lol, i thought that was obvi

This is not going to end well. Leave while you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Is this survey only for guys?
Reply 5
Original post by Rosie786
Is this survey only for guys?

Nah girlss too
Reply 6
Original post by Arieisit
This is not going to end well. Leave while you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol trust me i know this, then again idc, its for the sake of knowing
Reply 7
1) I don't think I have a race I like to date from the most, I'm more likely to date black guys (less cultural differences, understand them better, more likely to be more attracted to them etc) but they aren't the race I like to date from the most, neither are white guys etc. I just like who I like.

2) I don't think I have a race I'd like to date from the least either, I'm less likely to date Asian guys especially East Asian guys but I don't think I'd rule em out just less likely to date them (more cultural differences, don't really talk to a lot of Asian guys, less likely to be attracted to them etc) I don't think I'd like to date a Muslim guy though (I know not a race but thought I'd mention) , even if he was black just because it'd really clash with my beliefs.

3) I am a black girl so I'm a bit biased. I think black girls are stereotyped and looked down upon for reason unbeknownst to me. We're different, some of us are incredibly beautiful, some of us are not. Some of us are loud, some of us are not. I think a lot of people think black girls are inferior to other girls which I find disgusting tbh, I don't think anyone should be made to feel inferior in this day and age, I also think being a black girl is one of the hardest thing you can be in this country because not only do you have to face sexism but you also have to face a lot of racism.

4) Yes I think it is true, I don't think all caucasian guys don't like dating black girls but I think quite a lot don't. I don't know why, maybe they aren't attracted to them, maybe they are intimidated by them, maybe they can't look past their skin colour and see them as individuals, maybe they can't look past the stereotypes. I don't think it really matters, we don't live for caucasian guys' approval.
1) black girls. By far the best looking girls imo. Big backsides,nice legs,skin, and i can buss zee jokes with them.
2) White,Too sexually liberated for my liking
3)Love em.
4)A lot dont,but also dont think a lot dont have the balls to step to black girls anyway but o well more for me
Reply 9
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

1. funnily enough black girls. theres lots of reasons why im not too sure if its one more than the other or the collective of all the reasons. i was once told that your first love is what effects the type of people you go for. my first (puppy love) love and first girlfriend were black. I grew up around a heavily jamaican and mixed caribbean community. i feel very at home around Caribbean's (specifically jamaicans) and have grown up around a lot of the cultural things they share. I tend to like passionate and strong women. I like straight talking, the kind that most british consider rude but i find honest. i also think the ragga culture is very excepting and alternative and similar to the punk scene. for example i dont think yellow man would of been excepted in any other scene other than ragga. most of the church going girls that gossip behind backs and favour fake & polite over honest and rude would often not be outside playing with the rest of us. i also of course find black girls very attractive as i prefer wide hips and big thighs n behind. but i also love typical west african noses and chinese noses. kind of smooth soft rounded non pointy noses. pointy italian dappy like noses and hooked semtic/arabesque like noses put me off.

2. race i would like to date the least is probably arabic/pakistani. crazy in a pain in the arse way. not crazy in a sexy latino passionate way. they tend to have a lot of personality disorders that they are good at keeping under raps short term.

3. depends on where their from. never had any experience of americans.
I wouldnt date a nigerian. older generations of nigerians seem to be normal. the younger ones seem to have really childish attitudes towards relationships, loyalty and jealousy. and can be quite stalkery.

ghanaians are usually lovely but can just be a bit fake

zimbabwean and south african girls unfortunately are really promiscuous (in my experience)

angolans are really cool.

darker skinned somalians from somaliland are really cool although their racially ambiguity can be a bit off sometimes.

girls with heavy amounts of indian from the caribbean are a bit too liberal with giving head. i've noticed a pattern of them not really being bothered about the hygiene and lack of std protection not to mention the symbolism of giving head.

lighter skinned caribbean girls tend to be kinda nutty. i've tried to ignore this theory from my friends for years but im sad to say its kinda turned out true in my experience. they cause a lot of drama that can get you killed.

darker skinned girls can be 50/50 either they are really richly confident and wonderful to be around or have mentally collapsed to western ideals of beauty and hate the skin their in and go bleaching and putting blond weave in with grey contacts.

4. yea i think most white guys basically want a girl like avril lavigne. i think dating a black girl for them is more of an exotic sexual exploration than a serious love interest. thats if they find black women attractive. i do find it very odd though because white men clearly find black women sexually stimulating but yet seem to claim to not find them attractive? odd... but thats what i see.
Reply 10
Original post by Rlove95
1) I don't think I have a race I like to date from the most, I'm more likely to date black guys (less cultural differences, understand them better, more likely to be more attracted to them etc) but they aren't the race I like to date from the most, neither are white guys etc. I just like who I like.

2) I don't think I have a race I'd like to date from the least either, I'm less likely to date Asian guys especially East Asian guys but I don't think I'd rule em out just less likely to date them (more cultural differences, don't really talk to a lot of Asian guys, less likely to be attracted to them etc) I don't think I'd like to date a Muslim guy though (I know not a race but thought I'd mention) , even if he was black just because it'd really clash with my beliefs.

3) I am a black girl so I'm a bit biased. I think black girls are stereotyped and looked down upon for reason unbeknownst to me. We're different, some of us are incredibly beautiful, some of us are not. Some of us are loud, some of us are not. I think a lot of people think black girls are inferior to other girls which I find disgusting tbh, I don't think anyone should be made to feel inferior in this day and age, I also think being a black girl is one of the hardest thing you can be in this country because not only do you have to face sexism but you also have to face a lot of racism.

4) Yes I think it is true, I don't think all caucasian guys don't like dating black girls but I think quite a lot don't. I don't know why, maybe they aren't attracted to them, maybe they are intimidated by them, maybe they can't look past their skin colour and see them as individuals, maybe they can't look past the stereotypes. I don't think it really matters, we don't live for caucasian guys' approval.

To your answer in number 3, i don't think racism is big here, or the problem, i don't think our generation is that way, yea we make loads of racist jokes but i don't think we are racist in the sense, i believe its a matter of comfort zone, like, what you said in number 1, your more likely to date a black guy cause, you know what they are like/ you know how to mix with the culture he's from easier, i just think its the same for any other race. I may be wrong though, but i haven't met any racist and I've been here a year, and in and out of america often
Reply 11
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
1) black girls. By far the best looking girls imo. Big backsides,nice legs,skin, and i can buss zee jokes with them.
2) White,Too sexually liberated for my liking
3)Love em.
4)A lot dont,but also dont think a lot dont have the balls to step to black girls anyway but o well more for me

Lol, alright, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by fojodef
1. funnily enough black girls. theres lots of reasons why im not too sure if its one more than the other or the collective of all the reasons. i was once told that your first love is what effects the type of people you go for. my first (puppy love) love and first girlfriend were black. I grew up around a heavily jamaican and mixed caribbean community. i feel very at home around Caribbean's (specifically jamaicans) and have grown up around a lot of the cultural things they share. I tend to like passionate and strong women. I like straight talking, the kind that most british consider rude but i find honest. i also think the ragga culture is very excepting and alternative and similar to the punk scene. for example i dont think yellow man would of been excepted in any other scene other than ragga. most of the church going girls that gossip behind backs and favour fake & polite over honest and rude would often not be outside playing with the rest of us. i also of course find black girls very attractive as i prefer wide hips and big thighs n behind. but i also love typical west african noses and chinese noses. kind of smooth soft rounded non pointy noses. pointy italian dappy like noses and hooked semtic/arabesque like noses put me off.

2. race i would like to date the least is probably arabic/pakistani. crazy in a pain in the arse way. not crazy in a sexy latino passionate way. they tend to have a lot of personality disorders that they are good at keeping under raps short term.

I wouldnt date a nigerian. older generations of nigerians seem to be normal. the younger ones seem to have really childish attitudes towards relationships, loyalty and jealousy. and can be quite stalkery.

zimbabwean and south african girls unfortunately are really promiscuous (in my experience)

darker skinned somalians from somaliland are really cool although their racially ambiguity can be a bit off sometimes.

girls with heavy amounts of indian from the caribbean are a bit too liberal with giving head. i've noticed a pattern of them not really being bothered about the hygiene and lack of std protection not to mention the symbolism of giving head.

lighter skinned caribbean girls tend to be kinda nutty. i've tried to ignore this theory from my friends for years but im sad to say its kinda turned out true in my experience. they cause a lot of drama that can get you killed.

darker skinned girls can be 50/50 either they are really richly confident and wonderful to be around or have mentally collapsed to western ideals of beauty and hate the skin their in and go bleaching and putting blond weave in with grey contacts.

4. yea i think most white guys basically want a girl like avril lavigne. i think dating a black girl for them is more of an exotic sexual exploration than a serious love interest. thats if they find black women attractive. i do find it very odd though because white men clearly find black women sexually stimulating but yet seem to claim to not find them attractive? odd... but thats what i see.

Well you seem very open minded so i guess i agree with what your saying, or at least i understand were you are coming from, i sorry Nigerian girls seem well off, i can't blame you for thinking that way, there are very few of us that actually want to be ourselves and not what the younger generations society, expects us to be.

About the lightening your skin thing, i know many confident dark skin girls that just don't want to be that way, the same way white girls tan to darken their skin, yes, many insecure dark skin girls try to become white, but i don't think you should associate skin lightening/bleaching with insecurity, it could be a choice of preference , some people feel good light, some people love being brown (me :biggrin:) and some dark.
Original post by Sopheea
To your answer in number 3, i don't think racism is big here, or the problem, i don't think our generation is that way, yea we make loads of racist jokes but i don't think we are racist in the sense, i believe its a matter of comfort zone, like, what you said in number 1, your more likely to date a black guy cause, you know what they are like/ you know how to mix with the culture he's from easier, i just think its the same for any other race. I may be wrong though, but i haven't met any racist and I've been here a year, and in and out of america often

I think it is still a problem, I just think its more subtle nowadays. I'm not one of those 'play the race card' people but I do think it still exists. I honestly don't think preference is racist, if someone said they were more likely to date a white girl or asian girl or whatever I wouldn't think that was racist. Its when people say stuff like 'black girls are the least attractive' or 'I'd never date a black girl because they are all..." that it becomes racist because you are insinuating that black girls are inferior or that they aren't individuals.
Original post by fojodef

So many generalizations in one thread :rolleyes:

That's new. I'm zimbabwean and I've never heard of the whole promiscuity thing. As far as I'm aware zimbabwean girls are about as promiscious as the next girl.
Reply 15
Original post by Sopheea
Well you seem very open minded so i guess i agree with what your saying, or at least i understand were you are coming from, i sorry Nigerian girls seem well off, i can't blame you for thinking that way, there are very few of us that actually want to be ourselves and not what the younger generations society, expects us to be.

About the lightening your skin thing, i know many confident dark skin girls that just don't want to be that way, the same way white girls tan to darken their skin, yes, many insecure dark skin girls try to become white, but i don't think you should associate skin lightening/bleaching with insecurity, it could be a choice of preference , some people feel good light, some people love being brown (me :biggrin:) and some dark.

ive noticed with nigerian girls yoruba lie a lot. whereas i've noticed igbo girls/general biafra region are a lot more cool albeit quirky. spoke to one edo girl and she was basically schizophrenic with how if i asked her a question about edo she started off telling me and then half way through her explanation got hostile with me like i had taken some unspoken agenda against edo people for not knowing about them and she kinda just started winding herself up without any input from me.

i got to say i think skin bleaching is the worst thing.
i dont really feel comfortable dating a girl with relaxed hair.
i know its suppose to be easier to comb but im friends with girls that really know their stuff about black girls hair and the different varieties of it and they tell me its all lies and they they just dont know how to look after their natural hair. i've dated girls with natural hair and it took them exactly the same time if not faster to get ready in the morning.

definitely not dating a girl who puts weave in her hair. its not attractive to feel during an passionate kiss. and the hair becomes a bit of an obsession and it becomes weird. i also find it a bit sad that they'd pay money to have another races hair in their head.

then theres the skin bleaching which is just awful and im totally against.
its nothing like tanning. a white person can walk outside and get a tan naturally. its natural to tan. some black people naturally go a bit paler in european climates during the winter (especially ones with mixed polyracial backgrounds) but skin bleaching is not natural and it damages skin severely or does not work.

i got to say i've spent a few of my younger years dating these girls with their issues. and they will swear they dont have any. but actions speak louder than words. and the discussions always end up with a hostile end with no resolve and just "you dont know you dont understand" or its everyone elses fault but theirs for not loving who they naturally are. its just all too much. so thats why im only dating girls who are proud of themselves who dont try to make themselves look racially ambiguous.

this

is not attractive.
Reply 16
Original post by Rlove95
I think it is still a problem, I just think its more subtle nowadays. I'm not one of those 'play the race card' people but I do think it still exists. I honestly don't think preference is racist, if someone said they were more likely to date a white girl or asian girl or whatever I wouldn't think that was racist. Its when people say stuff like 'black girls are the least attractive' or 'I'd never date a black girl because they are all..." that it becomes racist because you are insinuating that black girls are inferior or that they aren't individuals.

Well whenever someone said that and i was nearby i would ask why, of course they'd get uncomfortable, but when i get them out of their shells they say simple generalisations that can't be written off cause some of them would be at least 60% true, but after talking to the person i realise that they hadn't grown up around blacks so they know nothing about how diverse the women are, and rely on things their parents probably told them or, what the media show, and we all know how annoying the media gets when it comes to stereotypes, which brings me back to my pint of people don't like to leave their comfort zone, and aren't necessarily racist.
But its my opinion
Reply 17
Original post by Rlove95
So many generalizations in one thread :rolleyes:

That's new. I'm zimbabwean and I've never heard of the whole promiscuity thing. As far as I'm aware zimbabwean girls are about as promiscious as the next girl.

i kinda thought it was a given that i was generalising.

im talking from experience. does not have to be accurate. maybe my experiences are abnormally unlucky.

two zimbabweans i've known (both shona) have been cheating with multiple men 4-5 at the same time.
(1) Caucasian, preferably from North America, central, western, and northern Europe
(2) All other races, with Black and South Asian leading the pack
(3) Unattractive. Do not like very dark skin and wide noses. Often from not-so-well-off and unsophisticated backgrounds so incompatible with my lifestyle and family/circle of friends
(4) Yes - for the above reasons
Original post by Sopheea
Well whenever someone said that and i was nearby i would ask why, of course they'd get uncomfortable, but when i get them out of their shells they say simple generalisations that can't be written off cause some of them would be at least 60% true, but after talking to the person i realise that they hadn't grown up around blacks so they know nothing about how diverse the women are, and rely on things their parents probably told them or, what the media show, and we all know how annoying the media gets when it comes to stereotypes, which brings me back to my pint of people don't like to leave their comfort zone, and aren't necessarily racist.
But its my opinion

Those that say they don't like black girls because they all have big noses and are too dark are just 'out of their comfort zone'? :rolleyes: I'm not denying the fact that people like what they are comfortable with but there are a lot of people out there that look down on black girls and treat black girls like they are inferior. You only have to go on a few black girl TSR threads to see that.

Just look at the above post ^

Latest

Trending

Trending