The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rlove95
Oh really? I didn't know that. I'm not surprised really though, there seems to be quite a lot of injustice in the justice system.

Lol riiight. I quit at being a lawyer once i realised that
Reply 41
Original post by Rlove95
I hope so too. Yeah I think it's an interesting country too :smile: I don't know whether I agree with the rest though. I dislike Mugabe with a passion, I feel he's ruined the country. He could have been like Nelson Mandela but he decided to go all tyrannical. I don't know a lot about whats happening in Zimbabwe but from what I do know and from what my relatives there say, there is quite a lot of corruption there. I think the sooner he leaves the better.

agreed but theres a lot of corruption in every country. its hard to find an african country without corruption. but its hard when you have NATO nations trying to keep the african states unstable as to easily provoke coupe's when a leader starts giving too much to the people and charging europe/usa too much. i think considering the hill to climb he's done well. been a dick along the way perhaps. but i dont think any next leader would be any less corrupt or be able to stamp out the corruption below. i think mugabe has been better for the poor in zimbabwe then he has for the rich. i know a few rich zimbabweans who left for south africa or england. but i think he's laid the ground works more substantial change. have you seen "Mugabe: Villain or Hero?" its a feature length documentary?

anyway im going off topic! mybad
Reply 42
Original post by Sopheea
Nah, im lazy af, dealing with my hair is stressful enough besides I'm a nice kind of brown so i don't feel its necessary

mhmm but you think darker is less attractive?
Reply 43
Original post by fojodef
mhmm but you think darker is less attractive?

Heck no, i just think people should do what makes them happy,
society needs to just let people be happy. Thats all, I'm such a libra, and we are known for wanting balance, peace and happiness :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Sopheea
Heck no, i just think people should do what makes them happy,
society needs to just let people be happy. Thats all, I'm such a libra, and we are known for wanting balance, peace and happiness :biggrin:

ah ok kl
Original post by fojodef
agreed but theres a lot of corruption in every country. its hard to find an african country without corruption. but its hard when you have NATO nations trying to keep the african states unstable as to easily provoke coupe's when a leader starts giving too much to the people and charging europe/usa too much. i think considering the hill to climb he's done well. been a dick along the way perhaps. but i dont think any next leader would be any less corrupt or be able to stamp out the corruption below. i think mugabe has been better for the poor in zimbabwe then he has for the rich. i know a few rich zimbabweans who left for south africa or england. but i think he's laid the ground works more substantial change. have you seen "Mugabe: Villain or Hero?" its a feature length documentary?

anyway im going off topic! mybad

I think he started off well but he should have known when to give the power to someone else. His constant attempts to hold onto power has ruined him. Zimbabwe was doing quite well at the beginning, I think it was called the breadbasket of Africa or something and it has one of the highest literacy rates in Africa but its all gone downhill.

I don't know about that, from what I've heard he's been giving all this money and all this land to his 'friends'. I think I heard of this one guy having about 50 properties when there are people out there struggling to eat. But then again I know very little about whats happening in Zimbabwe, I probably know more about Syria than my own home country. A lot of my family members have left for South Africa but my family isn't really rich, we're just normal. No I haven't watched the documentary, I probably should tbh, do a bit of research instead of just relying on what my mum tells me :colondollar:

Haha yeah, we've gone completely off-topic.
Original post by fojodef
ah ok kl

Actually some black girls wear weave to grow out their natural hair unlike what you wrote (you can check youtube of natural black girls wearing weave to grow out their hair and when it reaches the length they want, they ditch the weave. The black community have started taking care of their natural hair since at least 5 years ago) and the eye contact thing (it could be a change from the ideal brown eyes for them). For the blond hair, some have natural tan like skin (kinda like beyonce sometimes and blond hair suits their skin a lot compared to other colours of hair). All these things could also be a fashion statement, we all know that black people like to make fashion statements with how the dress, hairstyles etc. I don't know why people think that practise the above should be labelled as not being proud of being black and like the western idealised beauty: it's simply not true. Caucasian girls and although quite rare, Asian girls also wear weave although they call it "extension", it's the same thing. They also "perm" their hair, you don't see people labelling them as having an inferiority complex or not liking the hair they were born with, but you with black girls, it is not the same, they are all labelled.

One thing I would say though, it that African girls (especially Nigerian girls are beautiful, cultured and educated). I also think "preference" is racist, there is always a racial connotation with it, anyone that says otherwise is looking through rose tinted glasses tbh. I mean there are many attractive black girls, white girls etc, so to say that one is only attracted to a specific race is abysmal and racist in my opinion e.g. Jessica White, Keke Palmer, Tika Sumpter etc and is a beautiful black girl in my opinion (she isn't mixed either).
Based on personal experience from growing up in Laandaan, I think Nigerian and Somalian girls are the friendliest, chattiest, down to Earth, prettiest and sexiest. :sexface::biggrin:

The worst (based on frequency, hear'say, experience, degree of maliciousness) are mainland Chinese nationals girls (mainland China so excluding Hong Kong, BBCs etc) but there are some decent ones. A lot put on my kind, fake front but after knowing them longer, deep down they are petty, sly and selfish. Many of my friends who are HKers, BBCs and even some mainland Chinese agree with this too.
When at uni, my HK friend had a few mainlander girls in his group and they secretly lowered his participation score for the group coursework in the last minute without everyones approval before submitting it. My HK friend's teacher found it weird that the participation score was so much lower than the others coz the teacher knows my friend is hardworking, therefore asked my HK friend what's going on and then they found out the truth so eventually my mate got a fair participation score that truly reflected his contribution to the group coursework. Those mainland girls are so disgusting for what they did since my HK friend was wrongly accused by them for being lazy but was actually helping another member's part. Decreasing one member contribution marks doesn't mean the others will automatically get higher marks so it made us more furious for them committing this deed. :mad::angry:
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymous
Actually some black girls wear weave to grow out their natural hair unlike what you wrote (you can check youtube of natural black girls wearing weave to grow out their hair and when it reaches the length they want, they ditch the weave. The black community have started taking care of their natural hair since at least 5 years ago) and the eye contact thing (it could be a change from the ideal brown eyes for them). For the blond hair, some have natural tan like skin (kinda like beyonce sometimes and blond hair suits their skin a lot compared to other colours of hair). All these things could also be a fashion statement, we all know that black people like to make fashion statements with how the dress, hairstyles etc. I don't know why people think that practise the above should be labelled as not being proud of being black and like the western idealised beauty: it's simply not true. Caucasian girls and although quite rare, Asian girls also wear weave although they call it "extension", it's the same thing. They also "perm" their hair, you don't see people labelling them as having an inferiority complex or not liking the hair they were born with, but you with black girls, it is not the same, they are all labelled.

One thing I would say though, it that African girls (especially Nigerian girls are beautiful, cultured and educated). I also think "preference" is racist, there is always a racial connotation with it, anyone that says otherwise is looking through rose tinted glasses tbh. I mean there are many attractive black girls, white girls etc, so to say that one is only attracted to a specific race is abysmal and racist in my opinion e.g. Jessica White, Keke Palmer, Tika Sumpter etc and is a beautiful black girl in my opinion (she isn't mixed either).

yea but your weird. like why would u need to say that anonymously?

i can tell your nigerian due to the egotistical flex of bragging how cultured n what not.

preference might be racist but everyone has it. n most ppl who say they dont are just dishonest with themselves. as far as taste goes we can always pick our faves its human nature.

as for your points about hair. you don't have to put weave in to grow your hair. and i've met girls that say they're doing that yet basically never have their natural hair out.

i think the black community has been taking care of their natural hair a little longer than 5 years. black people dont have swedish blonde hair unless their albino. and that black with blond hair is rarer than black people with brown gingery hair. you only really catch latino mix puerto ricans with that hair.

also white girls get hair extensions that looks like its their hair.

theyre not putting afro weave in. it all looks naturally possible. and commonly possible.

black people dont have blonde hair unless their mixed race or latino.

all these things your claiming are fashion are to try and make you look more racially ambiguous and less black. thats why.
Original post by fojodef
i kinda thought it was a given that i was generalising.

im talking from experience. does not have to be accurate. maybe my experiences are abnormally unlucky.

two zimbabweans i've known (both shona) have been cheating with multiple men 4-5 at the same time.

:lolwut:

What is it with you and stereotyping races?
Reply 50
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
:lolwut:

What is it with you and stereotyping races?

ah, the liberal ethno tourist returns.

anyway.

what is it with you and following me around?

zimbabwean isnt a race its an ethnicity.

did you not notice the OP?

"3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)"

giving your opinion on a race is calling for a general opinion.

most of the dialog of this entire thread is going to be generalisations and general speaking.

she was calling for frankness and honesty.

not narcissistic lies to wow people at how "right on" you are.

do you not generalise too?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fojodef
ah, the liberal ethno tourist returns.

anyway.

what is it with you and following me around?

zimbabwean isnt a race its an ethnicity.

did you not notice the OP?

"3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)"

giving your opinion on a race is calling for a general opinion.

most of the dialog of this entire thread is going to be generalisations and general speaking.

she was calling for frankness and honesty.

not narcissistic lies to wow people at how "right on" you are.

do you not generalise too?

I happened to click on the thread and you were there. I don't follow you

Yeah but tbh anyone who generalises anyone based on their ethnicity or race, is a bit well...ignorant. No I don't generalise people based on race or ethnicity.

Also, ethno tourist?
Reply 52
I happened to click on the thread and you were there. I don't follow you

Yeah but tbh anyone who generalises anyone based on their ethnicity or race, is a bit well...ignorant. No I don't generalise people based on race or ethnicity.

Also, ethno tourist?

your a lier. you can't help it its human nature. unless you have brain damage and the ability to connect patterns of behaviour to sophisticated sub-cultures all the way up to large things like race is broken.

i find holier than thou types like you so old and boring. your not jesus. you do generalise. you just tell people you aren't because your trying to create an image. your not impressing anyone. no ones thinking "oh wow your so peaceful and tolerant" if only more people were like you. no... everyone knows the deal after they reach a certain level of life experience. and they no your bullsh*ting everyone else and your self if you believe it.
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that
many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

literally just join tinder and you'll find so many guys regardless of your race.
I have dated two black girls,,both black british and let me tell you,they were both great girls and incredibly horny and sexy...
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

I'm a white guy.

1) Preferably white, open to east Asian.
2) African. Not all unattractive but not a fan.
3) They often don't talk to white guys much for a start, from there they are not that attractive on the whole to me.
4) For me, yes.
Reply 56
Original post by Sopheea
Lol riiight. I quit at being a lawyer once i realised that

shouldnt that make you want to be lawyer? to help undo some of the injustice?
Original post by fojodef
your a lier. you can't help it its human nature. unless you have brain damage and the ability to connect patterns of behaviour to sophisticated sub-cultures all the way up to large things like race is broken.

i find holier than thou types like you so old and boring. your not jesus. you do generalise. you just tell people you aren't because your trying to create an image. your not impressing anyone. no ones thinking "oh wow your so peaceful and tolerant" if only more people were like you. no... everyone knows the deal after they reach a certain level of life experience. and they no your bullsh*ting everyone else and your self if you believe it.

This is ridiculous. That's just what people like you tell yourself so you can feel better about your own opinions
Reply 58
This is ridiculous. That's just what people like you tell yourself so you can feel better about your own opinions

i feel fine with my opinions.

its just the way human brains work. but apparently you think yours is the divine exception.
well done.
Original post by fojodef
i feel fine with my opinions.

its just the way human brains work. but apparently you think yours is the divine exception.
well done.

I can honestly say I don't judge people based on race. Why would I?

Latest

Trending

Trending