The Student Room Group

don't like my insurance choice, anything can do?

I was counting on getting the grades for my firm choice and ended up missing out, now I'm stuck with my insurance choice which I don't really want to go to. Is there anyway I can re-apply? I tried looking to see if there were other courses open but they were all closed to new applicants.
You can enter clearing if you ring the uni up and ask them to remove your application from UCAS.
Original post by garethaw
I was counting on getting the grades for my firm choice and ended up missing out, now I'm stuck with my insurance choice which I don't really want to go to. Is there anyway I can re-apply? I tried looking to see if there were other courses open but they were all closed to new applicants.

You'll have to contact your insurance directly, asking them to release you (if you do miss out on your firm that is). Then you can dive into the wonderful world of clearing.
You probably won't find anything until A Level results' day but that doesn't mean you should do nothing. You've got all this time to research other unis/courses but don't get your heart set on anything because no-one knows where will have places come results' day.
You have two options
1. Ask (NB ask - they're under no obligation to agree) your insurance to release you. If you're certain that you don't want to go there then it's best to contact the uni in advance of results day to avoid delays - you don't want to have to wait hours or even days as the uni drags its feet and prevents you from entering clearing.
2. Take a gap year and reapply in the autumn, just like you did this year. Of course, this may be the path you end up taking if you don't find anything suitable in Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I no longer want to go to my insurance choice and I'm not sure who to contact at the uni. Do I ring up the admissions office?
Original post by NicCx
I no longer want to go to my insurance choice and I'm not sure who to contact at the uni. Do I ring up the admissions office?

It varies from uni to uni, but the admissions office is usually the best place to start. If you can't find their details then email the academic department as it may be that admissions are handled at departmental level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Origami Bullets
It varies from uni to uni, but the admissions office is usually the best place to start. If you can't find their details then email the academic department as it may be that admissions are handled at departmental level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang up UCAS and they said to contact their admissions office. I am no longer tied to my insurance choice, happy days! Thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending