The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

greenwich to study criminology and criminal psychology!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbieb01
I don't know anyone else who's applied at all so I'm glad I've found someone for the same course. Do you know anyone else?

Lol no I know absolutely no one attending the uni let alone doing my course haha, yeah definitely happy I found someone doing my course I was beginning to get a bit worried lol!
(edited 9 years ago)
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by aliciajade.h
Lol no I know absolutely no one attending the uni let alone doing my course haha, yeah definitely happy I found someone doing my course I was beginning to get a bit worried lol!

I'd been looking on here for ages trying to see if anyone has posted about starting the course too haha. Where's your second choice?
I'd been looking on here for ages trying to see if anyone has posted about starting the course too haha. Where's your second choice?

Haha how strange! Erm well I applied for criminology and criminal psychology as my first choice and my second was criminology (both at greenwich) so my second choice is just criminology alone lol. What about you?
Haha how strange! Erm well I applied for criminology and criminal psychology as my first choice and my second was criminology (both at greenwich) so my second choice is just criminology alone lol. What about you?

Ooh right that's good then! My second is psychology and criminology at Brighton, but really hoping I don't go there because I didn't look around very long I'd already decided on Greenwich! Haha
Ooh right that's good then! My second is psychology and criminology at Brighton, but really hoping I don't go there because I didn't look around very long I'd already decided on Greenwich! Haha

Ah I see! Well fingers crossed we're going to go greenwich then haha! What you studying atm?
Ah I see! Well fingers crossed we're going to go greenwich then haha! What you studying atm?

I did psychology, biology and English lit, biology was a big mistake!! Hahah. Which did you take?
I did psychology, biology and English lit, biology was a big mistake!! Hahah. Which did you take?

Haha oh gosh! Sounds interesting though! I just finished college I studied health and social care :smile:
Haha oh gosh! Sounds interesting though! I just finished college I studied health and social care :smile:

Ooh cool, do you get your results on the 14th august too or are they earlier for your course? Also, do you have any idea when we get accommodation offers? Loads of my friends have theirs from other units
Ooh cool, do you get your results on the 14th august too or are they earlier for your course? Also, do you have any idea when we get accommodation offers? Loads of my friends have theirs from other units

Erm because I done btec I already got my results and the university has confirmed my place. I just yesterday got an offer from greenwich for accommodation did you get yours?
Erm because I done btec I already got my results and the university has confirmed my place. I just yesterday got an offer from greenwich for accommodation did you get yours?

Oooh thats really exciting! Nope, not had mine yet i imagine i'll get it on thursday once i've had my place confirmed - hopefully not rejected!! haha. Did you get in cutty sark?
Oooh thats really exciting! Nope, not had mine yet i imagine i'll get it on thursday once i've had my place confirmed - hopefully not rejected!! haha. Did you get in cutty sark?

Lol I'm sure you will be fine! Fingers crossed! Yes I managed to get a large room at the cutty sark thank god :smile:
Are you aware that once you get an offer on accommodation there's a £400 deposit you have to pay?
Lol I'm sure you will be fine! Fingers crossed! Yes I managed to get a large room at the cutty sark thank god :smile:
Are you aware that once you get an offer on accommodation there's a £400 deposit you have to pay?

Aw thats lucky then! oh god yes, its so expensive compared to what my friends are paying for their accommodation deposit!
Aw thats lucky then! oh god yes, its so expensive compared to what my friends are paying for their accommodation deposit!

I know it's ridiculous! I completely forgot about it so it was a bit of a shock haha!
I know it's ridiculous! I completely forgot about it so it was a bit of a shock haha!

How long do you get to confirm the accommodation? Im pretty sure you can pay it in 2 lots or something? I thought i'd read you didn't have to pay it as a block sum all at once
How long do you get to confirm the accommodation? Im pretty sure you can pay it in 2 lots or something? I thought i'd read you didn't have to pay it as a block sum all at once

Erm well they emailed me on Thursday offering me a room in the Cutty sark and said I had until Monday (yesterday) to accept the offer and pay the full deposit of £400 otherwise they would automatically deduct the offer from me.
It might depend on which accommodation you've applied for though I'm not entirely sure!
Erm well they emailed me on Thursday offering me a room in the Cutty sark and said I had until Monday (yesterday) to accept the offer and pay the full deposit of £400 otherwise they would automatically deduct the offer from me.
It might depend on which accommodation you've applied for though I'm not entirely sure!

Ooh right okay, well fingers crossed i'll get my accommodation with my offer if i get one. I looked up on the site and the course is available already for clearing which surely must mean there's spaces left over which I'm hoping is good for me! haha. Do you have any idea how many spaces there are on the course? I tried to find out but couldn't see anything
Ooh right okay, well fingers crossed i'll get my accommodation with my offer if i get one. I looked up on the site and the course is available already for clearing which surely must mean there's spaces left over which I'm hoping is good for me! haha. Do you have any idea how many spaces there are on the course? I tried to find out but couldn't see anything

You should do! Haha well fingers crossed I'm sure you'll do fine :smile: what grades do you have to get?
Erm I'm not entirely sure. Although I do know that there are basically two courses of very similar content we have our course and then we have just the criminology course, so I think there would be quite a lot of spaces considering there is 2 of basically the same thing :smile:
You should do! Haha well fingers crossed I'm sure you'll do fine :smile: what grades do you have to get?
Erm I'm not entirely sure. Although I do know that there are basically two courses of very similar content we have our course and then we have just the criminology course, so I think there would be quite a lot of spaces considering there is 2 of basically the same thing :smile:

I need 300 points so BBB or the equivalent. Ohh yeah, of course! Im so excited now, move in date is only a month away it's come around so fast!
I need 300 points so BBB or the equivalent. Ohh yeah, of course! Im so excited now, move in date is only a month away it's come around so fast!

Oh yeah of course haha oh you should be fine! You find out tomorrow don't you?
I know lol Exactly one month! So exciting!
Oh yeah of course haha oh you should be fine! You find out tomorrow don't you?
I know lol Exactly one month! So exciting!

Yeah, from midnight apparently we can check ucas track to see if we've been accepted at our uni choice but get my grades from school at 8am tomorrow, so nervous!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending