The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fojodef
i can see how your so well informed.
came out with the hard hitters yeah?

a nobody blogger journalist? really? even a dissertation would of been better than this. i was expecting actual scholarly work.

who even is this women? other than a self aggrandising moron?

i can see why you like her.

judgmental? analytical? engaged? measured? assessing? what ever word you want to use. i have thoughts and conclusions that i make decisions with. like everything else with brain.

when you jump over something you make a judgement of distance and force. its not evolutionary psychology. everyone knows that. but you might aswell be arguing that you dont judge the jump until after youve made it.

because unless you are completely sedentary and make zero choices in your life where people come up to you and interact with your life against your will and choice then your full of b.s.

you make judgements and choices all the time.

you do it before you go and talk to people.

theres a room full of people

you pick 1 to speak to.

why

MYSTERY... voodoo perhaps? maybe god? perhaps you've been reading the secret and have used the power of positive thinking to gravitationally pull this person cosmically out of your arse?

get over your self and stop this idiocy your just making a fool out of your self and longing it out because your too egotistical to admit that your wrong.

I can find more if I can be arsed, but it sums up the issues. This shows your arrogance. You assume academic credentials define intelligence, which shows how skewed your opinions are.

No I'm not. And usually I talk to everyone, I'm very friendly. I don't judge people. I don't know why you can't get that through your head. Not everyone is a judgemental ignorant person.
Reply 81
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I can find more if I can be arsed, but it sums up the issues. This shows your arrogance. You assume academic credentials define intelligence, which shows how skewed your opinions are.

No I'm not. And usually I talk to everyone, I'm very friendly. I don't judge people. I don't know why you can't get that through your head. Not everyone is a judgemental ignorant person.

i see so when at a social event you just scream at a room full of people because you have not judged which one you pick to speak to first?

how educated of you.

you can find more but that article sums up the issues and that shows my arrogance? how so?

academic credentials dont define intelligence i agree. but for someone to have the cheek to accused evolutionary psychology as pseudoscience and reference a BLOG as evidence to prove it wrong is HI-LARIOUS

well done... well done...

EDIT: and not just any BLOG! not a blog written by someone with credentials no no no... a blog written by... A BLOGGER... loooooooool
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Actually some black girls wear weave to grow out their natural hair unlike what you wrote (you can check youtube of natural black girls wearing weave to grow out their hair and when it reaches the length they want, they ditch the weave. The black community have started taking care of their natural hair since at least 5 years ago) and the eye contact thing (it could be a change from the ideal brown eyes for them). For the blond hair, some have natural tan like skin (kinda like beyonce sometimes and blond hair suits their skin a lot compared to other colours of hair). All these things could also be a fashion statement, we all know that black people like to make fashion statements with how the dress, hairstyles etc. I don't know why people think that practise the above should be labelled as not being proud of being black and like the western idealised beauty: it's simply not true. Caucasian girls and although quite rare, Asian girls also wear weave although they call it "extension", it's the same thing. They also "perm" their hair, you don't see people labelling them as having an inferiority complex or not liking the hair they were born with, but you with black girls, it is not the same, they are all labelled.

One thing I would say though, it that African girls (especially Nigerian girls are beautiful, cultured and educated). I also think "preference" is racist, there is always a racial connotation with it, anyone that says otherwise is looking through rose tinted glasses tbh. I mean there are many attractive black girls, white girls etc, so to say that one is only attracted to a specific race is abysmal and racist in my opinion e.g. Jessica White, Keke Palmer, Tika Sumpter etc and is a beautiful black girl in my opinion (she isn't mixed either).

tbh as much as i love black girls from time like 95 percent of black women are walking around with asian hair its definitely a self hate issue no two ways about it .
All this black hair is "hard" to maintain and "its a protective style" is a cop out.
We are the only race that does it and it is not normal behaviour.
And lets be real about things for a second,the vast vast majority of asian and white girls and other races do NOT wear weave,im taking like 90 plus percent where as near enough all black women do.
Sure if there is an important social event,a prestigious gathering of some sort then yes other races they might wear extensions but black women are the only ones walking around with asian hair like its their own.
Also when a white or other races gets extensions they are getting hair that matches their hair texture.Black women are walking around with asian hair.
We are not flipping asian.nothing about us is asian.our hair grows up not down.
Imagine if white girls started walking outside their house wearing afros.Everyone will be looking at them like are these girls actually crazy or mentally ill.This is not normal behaviour.
Its self hate
(edited 9 years ago)
this thread is so 19th century :/
1. I honestly don't care, I would be dating the person for his personal traits and not his skin colour.
2. N/A as I would date any race as long as the guy is nice, respects me and we have chemistry.
3. Some black girls are very nice others can be rude, but you will get this with girls of any race.
lel. British people on here love to generalize entire countries and act like they know it all. Thinking they're cultured because they met an individual from said country. :rolleyes:
You want me to find every study I've ever read, for and against, post them here? :lolwut: Are you mad? It's a subject I look into because I find it interesting, I don't even have half the stuff saved. You could easily find it yourself if you wanted to.

Lel. Makes me laugh when people ask you to do this. Like I'm going to take time out of my life to fish out old essays and post the bibliographies on a forum for some random offensive kid lol.
Can we just ban these sorts of threads? It's the same **** every damn time.
This is ridiculous. That's just what people like you tell yourself so you can feel better about your own opinions

I think this sums up every single race based thread on TSR.

Ignorance is natural for some, others have it trained into them by parents or society. Train your mind to be non judgemental, it's not that hard.
Original post by fojodef
because i've done my own research and disagree with you. i actually just think your dishonest. even without a knowledge of psychology most adults can agree that this is something that people naturally do and that only bullsh*tters say otherwise.

and if you GENUINELY believe yourself when you say that you seriously insight to your own thoughts and reactions to the world and its inhabitants around you.

Nah not everyone is like you. See Buddhism. It's an entire philosophy with followers devoted to basically not being ignorant and judgmental like you are. To sum it up in a few words.

Pretty classic stereotype you're following. Reads a few studies online, meets a few people, thinks they know everything about everyone in the world. Naah.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
Lel. Makes me laugh when people ask you to do this. Like I'm going to take time out of my life to fish out old essays and post the bibliographies on a forum for some random offensive kid lol.

LOL exactly. And he's now moaning because I found a short blog article that explained the problems and that's not a RIGOUROUS SCIENTIFIC STUDY TYRION GOD!!1!

Original post by Another
I think this sums up every single race based thread on TSR.

Ignorance is natural for some, others have it trained into them by parents or society. Train your mind to be non judgemental, it's not that hard.

YEP. Why some people can't understand not everyone is nasty I don't understand
Original post by fojodef
i see so when at a social event you just scream at a room full of people because you have not judged which one you pick to speak to first?

how educated of you.

you can find more but that article sums up the issues and that shows my arrogance? how so?

academic credentials dont define intelligence i agree. but for someone to have the cheek to accused evolutionary psychology as pseudoscience and reference a BLOG as evidence to prove it wrong is HI-LARIOUS

EDIT: and not just any BLOG! not a blog written by someone with credentials no no no... a blog written by... A BLOGGER... loooooooool

Where did I say I scream at people? I speak to whoever's next to me first or if someone approaches me/smiles. I literally will speak to anyone

Because you are saying that just because the person has no academic credentials their opinion is worthless, showing you've been blinded by a societal standard of superiority that grades and academia define intelligence (they don't, they define how willing you are to conform to a system and become nice little drones actually).

Pretty classic stereotype you're following. Reads a few studies online, meets a few people, thinks they know everything about everyone in the world. Naah.

"I know two black guys and they were *******s, I also read one very biased study saying more black people are overrepresented in prisons (ignoring very important social issues) therefore I am an expert on black people and all black people are criminals!"

That is literally the logic this guy is following, except about Pakistanis..
Somalis are not black.

I think every ethnicity is beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
Any I'm not bothered as long as there is attraction.

2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
I don't have one. Although I'm not attracted to many orientals I wouldn't say I would least like to date them.

3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
They are cool. A lot of them are too loud though and they have weird hairstyles.

4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.
Idk?
Original post by fojodef

how educated of you.

Mate. Psychology is pretty much guess work and speculation. Anything you read in a pyschology text book has to be taken with a pinch of salt because none of it is 100% fact. Especially American studies because they come out with a lot of new things just so they can diagnose people and make money out of it. Since it's a profit making business there.

For the past 100 years pyschologists have come up with all sorts of crazy crap. Torturing mentally ill patients to 'cure' them lmao.

Where did I say I scream at people? I speak to whoever's next to me first or if someone approaches me/smiles. I literally will speak to anyone

Because you are saying that just because the person has no academic credentials their opinion is worthless, showing you've been blinded by a societal standard of superiority that grades and academia define intelligence (they don't, they define how willing you are to conform to a system and become nice little drones actually).

I've always felt like this tbh. I feel sorry for the people that tunnel vision in on this one thing and can't see anything else around them.

Original post by fojodef
i can see how your so well informed.
came out with the hard hitters yeah?

a nobody blogger journalist? really? even a dissertation would of been better than this. i was expecting actual scholarly work.

who even is this women? other than a self aggrandising moron?

i can see why you like her.

judgmental? analytical? engaged? measured? assessing? what ever word you want to use. i have thoughts and conclusions that i make decisions with. like everything else with brain.

when you jump over something you make a judgement of distance and force. its not evolutionary psychology. everyone knows that. but you might aswell be arguing that you dont judge the jump until after youve made it.

because unless you are completely sedentary and make zero choices in your life where people come up to you and interact with your life against your will and choice then your full of b.s.

you make judgements and choices all the time.

you do it before you go and talk to people.

theres a room full of people

you pick 1 to speak to.

why

MYSTERY... voodoo perhaps? maybe god? perhaps you've been reading the secret and have used the power of positive thinking to gravitationally pull this person cosmically out of your arse?

get over your self and stop this idiocy your just making a fool out of your self and longing it out because your too egotistical to admit that your wrong.

Dude you're mixing up common sense, with racial prejudice.

I'm sure if Tyrion saw a man running towards her with a bloody knife shouting obscenities she'd run away lmao. But that would be regardless of their race. Just because someone has a certain skin colour doesn't mean they're going to kill you.

I still make judgements but I make them based on behaviour I am seeing rather than skin colour. I judge you to be a racist narrow-minded fool and I've made that judgement based on the attitude you've displayed and not your race.
Mate. Psychology is pretty much guess work and speculation. Anything you read in a pyschology text book has to be taken with a pinch of salt because none of it is 100% fact. Especially American studies because they come out with a lot of new things just so they can diagnose people and make money out of it. Since it's a profit making business there.

For the past 100 years pyschologists have come up with all sorts of crazy crap. Torturing mentally ill patients to 'cure' them lmao.

I've always felt like this tbh. I feel sorry for the people that tunnel vision in on this one thing and can't see anything else around them.

Dude you're mixing up common sense, with racial prejudice.

I'm sure if Tyrion saw a man running towards her with a bloody knife shouting obscenities she'd run away lmao. But that would be regardless of their race. Just because someone has a certain skin colour doesn't mean they're going to kill you.

I still make judgements but I make them based on behaviour I am seeing rather than skin colour. I judge you to be a racist narrow-minded fool and I've made that judgement based on the attitude you've displayed and not your race.

This.
Original post by themorninglight
I honestly don't have one particular race that I prefer the most, however (as a black girl) I would say that it's quite unlikely I would ever be in a relationship with a South Asian/Arab as they rarely go for black girls. So I think it would easier for me to be in a relationship (I mean marriage here btw because I don't date) to someone from a similar culture to my own.

- Again there isn't a race I don't find attractive at all, I would say however that I have yet to see an East Asian that I find attractive. But that's down to the fact that I don't actually know many east Asians, and certainly doesn't mean I would rule them out.

- I'm a black girl myself (Somali) so I guess I may be biased but I think black girls are beautiful, especially when they go natural :smile: I'll admit I don't really know how difficult it is to maintain hair of that texture but I just think it looks nicer than a weave etc. Also they have amazing figures!

- I would actually disagree, I know loooooads of black girl-white guy couples. It's become a lot more popular recently and I would say that a white guy is far more likely to be with a black girl than an Asian guy, a South Asian guy or an Arab guy, definitely.

I've seen soo many Somali - Arab couples in my town. I thought this was common??
Original post by letsbehonest
I've seen soo many Somali - Arab couples in my town. I thought this was common??

It is actually lol, I completely forgot about that. I didn't think the OP was referring to Somalis though
1) Mixed-race (Oriental) and white people
2) Don't know if this is a race, but Tamils. They don't integrate with other races and a lot of them think they're really "cool" and "hard". Not being racist, but the majority of them do smell really bad- a lot worse than your average south Asian
3) From my experience I initially didn't think that highly of them. The majority I knew from primary school were incredibly loud and in your face. More recently however, the black girls I have gotten to known are incredibly nice and very sociable. I still have yet to meet any black girls I would date however. I just don't think Im particularly attracted to them in general but obviously there are exceptions!
4) This is very true, with my friends anyway. None of my non-black friends have dated or even pulled any black girls. It's probably just the culture difference and that black girls just aren't really our type. Although, this isn't only true for black girls, this view is also valid for south Asian girls.

I'm from London and my social group is incredibly mixed in terms of race and ethnicity and so my view isn't because Im from a predominantly white area and only know white girls. Don't take this the wrong way, but my friends and I are what you could call the top of the pyramid. We pull pretty much any girl we want, so I guess our view wouldn't be particularly representative of the caucasian population.

Latest

Trending

Trending