The Student Room Group

Do bodybuilders take supplements ??

Do pro bodybuilding natural or unnatural take supplements ? I would have thought it is better to eat real food but now people are under the misconception of taking supplements will make them leaner or bigger. But do the pros actually take them I know supplements are supposed to be used additionally, but do the pros actually take them ?

Some get them for free like Rich Piana
Reply 1
When you get to a certain size your calorie requirement gets so high that drinking your calories makes it much more do-able. For most of us, yes whole foods a better because of micronutrition. These guys are eating enough regular food that it isn't a concern. Don't know about bodybuilders but for Thor Bjornsson (2nd at world strongest man and fairly lean at 200kg) has said he eat 10,000 kcal per day so that's the sort of number that's a lot, not folks who moan about struggling with 3000.

Pros are also at the point where little things that give them even tiny advantage are worth doing which all all the advantage you'll get from anything legal. For most of us it doesn't matter that much especially since we have loads of big improvements still in the tank by not being anywhere near our natural limits.
Reply 2
You really need to understand nutrition before taking supplements. Most new lifter think a Protein powder is some kind of drug that will deal out some kind of effect. Really its just all food in concentrated forms. Someone might tell you not to get all your protein from powder but that's just because it lacks micro-nutrients.

The only ones that I'd recommend are a good multi-vitamin, Omega 3's and protein powder IF you find it makes hitting your protein dietary requirements easier which is usually for people who are either bulking or on very high protein diets. Never hurts to experiment with Creatine either!

Rich piana needs all that Mutant whey he takes (he has like 10 scoops daily lol) because hitting HIS dietary requirements is near impossible with whole foods. Remember though he is on the juice which massively increases the bodies dietary needs and he's just massive in general which will usually demand more food.

Hope I helped. Its all nutrition really.
They take actual supplements that work. These are pharmaceuticals.

You're not getting like them by following their routine and eating similar foods. Sorry to burst that bubble
Reply 4
Original post by silent ninja
They take actual supplements that work. These are pharmaceuticals.

You're not getting like them by following their routine and eating similar foods. Sorry to burst that bubble

Steroids or real food like 6-7 meals ? Lol I know I won't get like them just by drinking shakes there's more to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by IMBCFC
Steroids or real food like 6-7 meals ? Lol I know I won't get like them just by drinking shakes there's more to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Steroids lol. Its all roids. You can achieve an amazing body naturally but if were talking Rich piana big or Ripped year round etc were talking steroids no doubt.
yes pros take ****loads of supplements

And anyway it's hard to get huge without taking stuff like whey protein powder since foods high in protein are expensive (in uk especially).
Reply 7
Most if not all proper bodybuilders will eat 6-7 meals a day, all rich in protein.

I know Jay Cutler takes the usual Protein powder and creatine and some other products which will improve your liftin in the gym along with intra-workout products and products to boast testosterone

You only actually need to take protein powder once you've lifted, or you know you won't be getting your daily macros that day, buy your chicken and whatever else in bulk, eggs are cheap and has a lot of protein
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Pro get it all for free if sponsored so they may as well use it.

BB/strongmen can spend up to 4 hours a day just eating not including food prep.
Original post by Riberye
Steroids lol. Its all roids. You can achieve an amazing body naturally but if were talking Rich piana big or Ripped year round etc were talking steroids no doubt.

To be Rich Piana you need collagen and lots of it
Original post by Joshale
Most if not all proper bodybuilders will eat 6-7 meals a day, all rich in protein.

I know Jay Cutler takes the usual Protein powder and creatine and some other products which will improve your liftin in the gym along with intra-workout products and products to boast testosterone

You only actually need to take protein powder once you've lifted, or you know you won't be getting your daily macros that day, buy your chicken and whatever else in bulk, eggs are cheap and has a lot of protein

He doesn't take products to boost testosterone, he takes testosterone, along with other "supplements".
I once had a short term partner who was somewhat into body building,not excessively so,,she had a very prominent clitoris !
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
He doesn't take products to boost testosterone, he takes testosterone, along with other "supplements".

Prohormones. Trenbolone. Dianabol.

Common stacks. It's just not possible to load on so much muscle without some sort of myostatin deficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KairosEden
Prohormones. Trenbolone. Dianabol.

Common stacks. It's just not possible to load on so much muscle without some sort of myostatin deficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anybody who stacks PHs, tren and dbol is a complete ****ing idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Toxicity gains

Rage gains

All kindz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't stack so I wouldn't know :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Toxicity gains

Rage gains

All kindz

Posted from TSR Mobile

All kindz of gainz other than penis gainz.

Dem zero test limp feels.

Quick Reply

Latest