The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really hope this 35 m fee isn't true there's more value in the market elsewhere if that's the case
Original post by EmperorMustard
Schneiderlin.

Knows the league, would be cheaper and I think he fits our team better than the others. Khedira is too much like Ramsey and too offensive even if he is quality, Bender is just like Schneiderlin when I've watched him but a bit injury prone and probably more expensive. I'm not sure if Bayer or Southampton want to sell though.

Although we're linked with Bender, the fact that he's signed a new deal with Leverkusen cements the idea that he'll be staying in Germany for the foreseeable future (unless one of the powerhouses come knocking) - so as nice as it would be to add someone of his calibre to our ranks, there's more chance of us getting Vidal.

Ergo, it's between Khedira and Scheiderlin.

You mention that Khedira is too similar to Ramsey, in that he isn't your classic holding DM - he joins the attack, which will force Ramsey to become more vigilant defensively instead of focusing on attacking when we have the ball, otherwise our defence is completely exposed. But I'm sure that if he joined, Khedira would be instructed to sit more than attack - so this really isn't an issue.

He has experience, would settle pretty quickly I imagine because of our German mafia clique, and is taller and stronger than Scheiderlin. For me, though, he's vastly overrated. The guy's was distinctly average during Real's last season, and aside from the game against Brazil hasn't been hype-worthy during the World Cup.

Scheiderlin being two and a half years younger, quicker, more versatile, with more potential, and less expensive - both in terms of transfer and wages - seems like the better addition.

I'm happy with either, but I'd rather Scheiderlin.

Side note: if he leaves Saints for £20m~, and if Lovren goes to Liverpool for £25m~, they'll have raised £100m+ thus far - that's crazy.
Original post by baconbutty
Really hope this 35 m fee isn't true there's more value in the market elsewhere if that's the case

Spill the beans.

Names, give me names.
Original post by Stalin
Spill the beans.

Loic remy for around 7 million

If Arsenal signed Remy for £8m and not Sanchez, your reaction on here would be positive then?
Original post by Zürich
If Arsenal signed Remy for £8m and not Sanchez, your reaction on here would be positive then?

Probably 14 goals and 3 assists in 24 starts is something I think we can all get behind. Where the bloody hell is sanchez even going to play for us

I like it: Giroud and Remy will recreate the French connection that has been absent from our squad since the invincibles.

Who else do we sign? Joe Ledley to partner Ramsey for the Welsh connection in the middle of the pitch?
Yep those three different kits are the home kit.

That's the three different kits, without the colours.
Original post by Stalin
I like it: Giroud and Remy will recreate the French connection that has been absent from our squad since the invincibles.

Who else do we sign? Joe Ledley to partner Ramsey for the Welsh connection in the middle of the pitch?

Good troll you got me
Reply 131
Original post by Will-2609
Yep those three different kits are the home kit.

That's the three different kits, without the colours.

🙊 My bad
Good troll you got me

Not a fan of Joe Ledley? He's won the SPL 3 times and even won the double - SPL and Scottish Cup - in 2013.

That's more trophies than our entire team combined.
should have thrown 20mil at bayern.
Probably 14 goals and 3 assists in 24 starts is something I think we can all get behind. Where the bloody hell is sanchez even going to play for us

Few posts ago you were saying we need strength in depth, yet now you're criticising a new signing because you don't know where he will fit in. Hard for people to take you seriously when your posts are so contradictory.
Atletico Madrid sign Mario Mandzukic on four year deal from Bayern.
Probably not relevant but you know, just putting it out there.
Original post by De Chirico
Few posts ago you were saying we need strength in depth, yet now you're criticising a new signing because you don't know where he will fit in. Hard for people to take you seriously when your posts are so contradictory.

I don't support depth at the cost of overpaying though. If we sign sanchez can we afford a rb, cm and striker?
Reply 137
I don't support depth at the cost of overpaying though. If we sign sanchez can we afford a rb, cm and striker?

Yes. The going rate of ligue 2 frenchies is still nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stalin
Not a fan of Joe Ledley? He's won the SPL 3 times and even won the double - SPL and Scottish Cup - in 2013.

That's more trophies than our entire team combined.

Can he do a job as a lone striker? We're an injury away from yaya sanogo leading out title challenge
Why not just sign Remy and Sanchez? That's what all the "news" outlets are suggesting we're gonna do anyway.

Inb4 butty complains when Remy is signed cos he's not high enough calibre.

Latest