The Student Room Group

What can I put in the box I'm giving to my best friend who is going to uni? :)

My best friend is going to university this year and I make her a going away box :smile: I'm making a scrapbook for her but want to put lots of little things in the box that will be useful/needed but also fun things if that makes sense. Does anyone have any ideas? :smile:
Original post by LillyLisaa
My best friend is going to university this year and I make her a going away box :smile: I'm making a scrapbook for her but want to put lots of little things in the box that will be useful/needed but also fun things if that makes sense. Does anyone have any ideas? :smile:

Condoms.
Reply 2
Aw.

Well, a box that can put tissue paper in case she gets a cold would be nice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ryan9900
Condoms.

Might as well just stuff the box with tampons...
What about little objects from inside jokes between you? Or stationary things like notepads, a fancy pen, a handmade pen pot or something? You could also buy her some photo frames and put pictures of the two of you in them or of all of her friends/family? What about one of those calendars that you can customise with your own photos so for each month you could put a different picture of things that will remind her of good times? Then she has something to remember you by but also something she can use :smile:

I hope these help! Good Luck in finding something :')
a fork. there are never enough forks.
Reply 6
Original post by Amie_dancer
What about little objects from inside jokes between you? Or stationary things like notepads, a fancy pen, a handmade pen pot or something? You could also buy her some photo frames and put pictures of the two of you in them or of all of her friends/family? What about one of those calendars that you can customise with your own photos so for each month you could put a different picture of things that will remind her of good times? Then she has something to remember you by but also something she can use :smile:

I hope these help! Good Luck in finding something :')

I like the calendar idea!! Where do you make them? :smile:
Original post by LillyLisaa
I like the calendar idea!! Where do you make them? :smile:

Me too hehe! I think you can make them anywhere like FunkyPigeon, Boots, even Tesco! :smile:
Small bottle of wine

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.athriftymrs.com/2012/09/fresher-survival-kit-cheap-gift-idea.html This gave me me some really good ideas for a box for my boyfriend :smile:
Door stop. So she can have her door open when she first moves in to meet all those flatmates. Most hall doors are fire-doors so will shut without a door stop.
How about a kind of first aid kit? That way every time she doesn't feel well she'll still know you're someone she can turn to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest