The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
1) Mixed-race (Oriental) and white people
2) Don't know if this is a race, but Tamils. They don't integrate with other races and a lot of them think they're really "cool" and "hard". Not being racist, but the majority of them do smell really bad- a lot worse than your average south Asian
3) From my experience I initially didn't think that highly of them. The majority I knew from primary school were incredibly loud and in your face. More recently however, the black girls I have gotten to known are incredibly nice and very sociable. I still have yet to meet any black girls I would date however. I just don't think Im particularly attracted to them in general but obviously there are exceptions!
4) This is very true, with my friends anyway. None of my non-black friends have dated or even pulled any black girls. It's probably just the culture difference and that black girls just aren't really our type. Although, this isn't only true for black girls, this view is also valid for south Asian girls.

I'm from London and my social group is incredibly mixed in terms of race and ethnicity and so my view isn't because Im from a predominantly white area and only know white girls. Don't take this the wrong way, but my friends and I are what you could call the top of the pyramid. We pull pretty much any girl we want, so I guess our view wouldn't be particularly representative of the caucasian population.

:lol: best post.

but you do realise south asians "tamils" are Caucasian? just.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
:lol: best post.

but you do realise south asians "tamils" are Caucasian? just.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? had no idea! Well you know what I mean lol
Really? had no idea! Well you know what I mean lol

aha! I know you on top of your game.

but why anon? who are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by matthewduncan
tbh as much as i love black girls from time like 95 percent of black women are walking around with asian hair its definitely a self hate issue no two ways about it .

You think its self hate, where do you think that came from? Also just wondering, when you say asian hair are you just referring to straight hair? So if a white person with naturally straight hair got a perm to curl/put waves in their hair is that self hate?
Anyway, I don't know why these type of threads keep appearing as if black girls need some sort of approval or something lol. Funny that some people seem to think they know what sort of attitude/personality I have and the way I think.

1) Any race
3) We are all different, have different personalities. I'm not sure how else to answer this question lool.
4) I don't know. Black people aren't the majority so other races may not have met a black person. So stereotypes can be an issue. Maybe cultural differences too. With that being said, I'm from London and have seen many white men/black women couples.
(edited 9 years ago)
aha! I know you on top of your game.

but why anon? who are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol because I thought I would get hate for some of my comments...also the "top of the pyramid" thing is really cocky haha :P
i live in a white area and am black and have dated white guys but weirdly I've never dated a black guy. i guess the type of relationship you have has something to do with the people you surround yourself with and the area you live in. I am Nigerian and i do agree that a lot of 'black girls' are quite loud and outgoing purely due to the area they live in and the people they surround themselves with but i know loads of calm and lovely friendly kind and quiet black girls who are like that mostly because they live in that type of environment/area. Guess it goes to show that not all of them are loud outgoing and scary.
i am probably more obligated to date somebody white because im not the 'typical black girl' i.e. i don't have the 'assets' of a normal black girl because im petite and most black guys dont want to date me because of that and like the typical big bum and chest and thick thighs.
there isn't anybody that i wont date i don't really get affected by the color of somebody's skin or race
for 3 ive given my opinion above ^^
and lastly i dont think that white boys dont like them i think its because there scared of them and intimidated by some of them
tbh everyone is equal in their own way and relationships shouldn't be judged by race at all but a white person and black person AS TEENAGERS can definitely work and isn't rare.
Reply 106
Original post by anonymouspie227
literally just join tinder and you'll find so many guys regardless of your race.

im not looking for a date
Reply 107
Original post by Rakas21
I'm a white guy.

1) Preferably white, open to east Asian.
2) African. Not all unattractive but not a fan.
3) They often don't talk to white guys much for a start, from there they are not that attractive on the whole to me.
4) For me, yes.

Okay for 4. why?
Reply 108
Original post by fojodef
shouldnt that make you want to be lawyer? to help undo some of the injustice?

Your job as a lawyer is to defend your client. So if I'm defending a drug lord since i wanted to be a criminal lawyer, ill have to look for loop holes to save the as of someone who is meant to be in jail. Law isn't about justice now its about winning.
Reply 109
I used to believe that natural hair was harder to maintain but it's not.
I personally hate weaves, i used to wear them, but literally so much effort and too much money when we have wonderful hair underneath.

YouTube is the place to be for natural hair care. And the texturetextures vary from 3a to 4c the kinkiest out there!

I also tend to find people prefer my natural hair. And I have 4b/4c hair (which some maydeem the least desirable, but I love It)

I love my natural hair, but its short, i hate weave but using it means i can leave my hair to grown, i would like to do dreads though, but its hard to find someone to put on temp dreads
Original post by Sopheea
Okay for 4. why?

I prefer petite women, i'm just also generally not attracted.
Reply 111
Original post by fojodef
when you walk down the street.
person is walking towards you.

apparently you are blind because you cannot see any of the elements of the person walking towards you and reference them to other patterns of behaviour, experiences and events.

you do not see their gender, age, ethnicity, size, state of health, and indications of sexual orientation, income or anything else.

even if you see these things they are pointless information to you because you cannot connect them to other information or experiences.

this is what you claim.

Some people have learnt to not see different races, but just different people, i used to be that way but i started studying history (american) and i got interested in learning about racism, feminism and other stuff. These people probably stopped listening to all the talk about racism cause in my opinion thats what is keeping racism, or the perception of it alive. So yea its possible

I have a gay friend and yea once in a while I'm like a right he's gay but when you chose to just see a person, you mind will just let you see a person

In nigeria there are soo many ethnicities and when i got tried of trying to identify people by what tribe they are from i began to just see Nigerians.

Its a mind thing
I used to believe that natural hair was harder to maintain but it's not.
I personally hate weaves, i used to wear them, but literally so much effort and too much money when we have wonderful hair underneath.

YouTube is the place to be for natural hair care. And the texturetextures vary from 3a to 4c the kinkiest out there!

I also tend to find people prefer my natural hair. And I have 4b/4c hair (which some maydeem the least desirable, but I love It)

Natural hair ftw :sexface:

:sexface::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
tbh as much as i love black girls from time like 95 percent of black women are walking around with asian hair its definitely a self hate issue no two ways about it .
All this black hair is "hard" to maintain and "its a protective style" is a cop out.
We are the only race that does it and it is not normal behaviour.
And lets be real about things for a second,the vast vast majority of asian and white girls and other races do NOT wear weave,im taking like 90 plus percent where as near enough all black women do.
Sure if there is an important social event,a prestigious gathering of some sort then yes other races they might wear extensions but black women are the only ones walking around with asian hair like its their own.
Also when a white or other races gets extensions they are getting hair that matches their hair texture.Black women are walking around with asian hair.
We are not flipping asian.nothing about us is asian.our hair grows up not down.
Imagine if white girls started walking outside their house wearing afros.Everyone will be looking at them like are these girls actually crazy or mentally ill.This is not normal behaviour.
Its self hate

Oh my gooosssh, I'm not even going to compare black girls to girls in any other race, having on weave is not a sign of self hate, its easier, and when blacks girls get tired of using it, they drop it.

Consider this, girls of all races were make up, fake eyelashes, fake nails, get boob and ass jobs, yes on could consider the last two as a sign of insecurity but who are you to judge though, i would never do those but if it makes a person happy let them be, just cause you add or remove things to your body doesn't make you insecure, it means you like to experiment or something.

I know many girls that adore their hair but are just lazy when it come to maintaining it, they are anywhere close to being insecure they are just lazy. I hate weave, its annoying but i do it when i feel tired of dealing with my really thick, really short curly hair. I can't be studying for exams and plaiting my hair every night so it doesn't get weaker. Its annoying.
Reply 114
1) Mixed-race (Oriental) and white people
2) Don't know if this is a race, but Tamils. They don't integrate with other races and a lot of them think they're really "cool" and "hard". Not being racist, but the majority of them do smell really bad- a lot worse than your average south Asian
3) From my experience I initially didn't think that highly of them. The majority I knew from primary school were incredibly loud and in your face. More recently however, the black girls I have gotten to known are incredibly nice and very sociable. I still have yet to meet any black girls I would date however. I just don't think Im particularly attracted to them in general but obviously there are exceptions!
4) This is very true, with my friends anyway. None of my non-black friends have dated or even pulled any black girls. It's probably just the culture difference and that black girls just aren't really our type. Although, this isn't only true for black girls, this view is also valid for south Asian girls.

I'm from London and my social group is incredibly mixed in terms of race and ethnicity and so my view isn't because Im from a predominantly white area and only know white girls. Don't take this the wrong way, but my friends and I are what you could call the top of the pyramid. We pull pretty much any girl we want, so I guess our view wouldn't be particularly representative of the caucasian population.

Thanks
Original post by Sopheea
I love my natural hair, but its short, i hate weave but using it means i can leave my hair to grown, i would like to do dreads though, but its hard to find someone to put on temp dreads

Ah fair enough, I hope your hair grows fast so it's at a length you're happy to wear it at :h:
Natural hair ftw :sexface:

:sexface::sexface:

Posted
from TSR Mobile

:wink: natural hair is awesome
All this black hair is "hard" to maintain and "its a protective style" is a cop out.
We are the only race that does it and it is not normal behaviour.
And lets be real about things for a second,the vast vast majority of asian and white girls and other races do NOT wear weave,im taking like 90 plus percent where as near enough all black women do.
Sure if there is an important social event,a prestigious gathering of some sort then yes other races they might wear extensions but black women are the only ones walking around with asian hair like its their own.
Also when a white or other races gets extensions they are getting hair that matches their hair texture.Black women are walking around with asian hair.
We are not flipping asian.nothing about us is asian.our hair grows up not down.
Imagine if white girls started walking outside their house wearing afros.Everyone will be looking at them like are these girls actually crazy or mentally ill.This is not normal behaviour.
Its self hate

Some black girls wear weaves and put their hair in braids in order to grow out their hair. My hair is in long braids because I want it to grow past my shoulders and I have a hard time taking care of it to the extent of it breaking. It can be beneficial to keep it natural, so don't class this as self-hate - it's nothing more than convenience.
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

I'm white (Irish/English)
1. Mediterranean because their colouring, eyes and face shape is the most attractive to me.
2. Black or asian because it would leave me open to racism from both white people and minorities. However it would not put me off completely, I would just be more wary
3. I like some not others. Physically some (Oluchi Onweagba) are stunning while others (Alek Wek) are not at all.
4. I don't have any problem with black girls themselves, the problem is that a white male dating a black girl (at least I assume) would be difficult because people would always be on my back for it. Having been told by some for much of my life that the white male is the most evil predator on the planet, while black women are the perpetual victims of my 'kind' is it surprising that I would feel very uncomfortable being in a position where I could cause harm or upset to one?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sopheea
x

To clarify point 4, I have been surprised by how racially aware a lot of black people are. I grew up with people who just didn't care about race whether they were white or not. I understand why it is but if I dated a black girl I would want to be treated like any other man, not Oscar Schindler on the path to redemption.

Latest

Trending

Trending