The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Politisphere
Yes, of course!

I'm really good friends with this girl I've known since we were four; we met at primary school. I have had a huge crush on her for over a decade but I refuse to let her know it. I hope she feels the same way and I keep planning to tell her but always decide not to. Ultimately, I value our friendship more and are terrified of it ending.

You should go for it! You never know what will happen until it happens!

I had feelings for this guy friend for around a year before I said anything. I'd fallen completely in love with him somehow, and I was scared of it ending our friendship. Nearly two years later, we're still together :smile:. So give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, then you know where you stand, and if it does, all the better!
Original post by LaughingKitsune
You should go for it! You never know what will happen until it happens!

I had feelings for this guy friend for around a year before I said anything. I'd fallen completely in love with him somehow, and I was scared of it ending our friendship. Nearly two years later, we're still together :smile:. So give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, then you know where you stand, and if it does, all the better!

How did you bring it up with him?
How did you bring it up with him?

It was a week before I was due to leave for uni, and I told him that I was going to miss him, and that I cared for him a lot. It happened while we were walking alone together, and we'd come across a nice little field. What I'd said just sort of slipped out. And then he asked if it was okay for him to kiss me...

It would have been awkward if he'd turned me down, because we were in the middle of nowhere!
It was a week before I was due to leave for uni, and I told him that I was going to miss him, and that I cared for him a lot. It happened while we were walking alone together, and we'd come across a nice little field. What I'd said just sort of slipped out. And then he asked if it was okay for him to kiss me...

It would have been awkward if he'd turned me down, because we were in the middle of nowhere!

Aww, that's so sweet. Good luck for the future. Romantic place for a kiss I must say. I think I'll plan a walk around the countryside :wink:
A walk around the countryside is usually lovely around this time of year :biggrin: good luck, and thanks :biggrin:
Yes, of course!

I'm really good friends with this girl I've known since we were four; we met at primary school. I have had a huge crush on her for over a decade but I refuse to let her know it. I hope she feels the same way and I keep planning to tell her but always decide not to. Ultimately, I value our friendship more and are terrified of it ending.

That sounds like a love story waiting to happen.

I have a feeling you are leaving some information out....
Original post by EatAndRevise
That sounds like a love story waiting to happen.

I bought her a kitten on valentines day but had it delivered and she doesn't know who it's from.

Rather pessimistic there :smile:

What sort of information? If you want there to be more to this story than there was, then that's up to you.
What sort of information? If you want there to be more to this story than there was, then that's up to you.

What was the first time like when you introduced him to your parents?
Well, I have no contact with my dad, but my mum was like 'nice to finally meet you' the day after we got together. Although I didn't tell her we were together until later on that evening. My mum has this relaxed attitude, probably because I'm old enough to look after myself.

I'd already met his parents, so that wasn't too difficult.
the group I hang out with all girls I think they're attractive and had sex with some of them, they know I respect them and see beyond what they look like so I get respect back. We treat sex as something to do, one of them said why have sex with a stranger when you have sex with your best friend, its true because you can trust each other.
I've had a few crushes on some of my male friends over the years, but quite often it's clear they don't feel the same way and I'd rather not waste time or risk complicating the friendship by telling then when I already know their answer. If I thought there was a chance though, I'd probably go for it, better than wondering 'what if' for the rest of my life :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't say things like that! She has yet to have a boyfriend (she's 20) and I still have hope.

Fair point, but I'm guessing the reason you haven't asked her yet is because you're scared if she says no it'll ruin the friendship, or because you expect her to quote the friendship as a reason for you to not be together? That's friend-zoned buddy, regardless of whether it's been explicitly stated! You need to just up and ask her mate.
Always. I care more about the quality of someone's character than anything else. So if they're my friend then me liking them is already done.
Original post by superduper9
I hope that you're only joking, or are you being serious? :console:

Haha, I was being semi-serious. I have about 6 friends but they're all female so I still can't answer the question.
Yes that is correct
females can fancy some of there male friends
i have done this
i have a crush on one of my male friends. i dont know if he feels the same
we have been on holiday together just us two and we have sex when we can.
I have met his family and he has met mine
what does that mean ?
Reply 38
Original post by hollyshaw18
Yes that is correct
females can fancy some of there male friends

Phew, so hopefully my female friends feel the same way about me :wink:
hopefully

Latest

Trending

Trending