The Student Room Group

My friend thinks she is a model.....?

Hi

I know this sounds completely horrible and like I am a jealous person but really I'm just concerned about my friend. This might be a little long, so I'm sorry.

We are both 19, female. Her life is a lot different to mine, she has a child and she's a single Mother, whereas I am not.

She met this man on Facebook, he's rather old around 60, who says he is a photographer. I don't really believe him, he is a very overweight 60 year old man who lives with his dog. She goes to his house once a week and he takes very revealing pictures of her in her underwear and then puts them on Facebook.

The problem I have is that she can't see what an idiot she is making out of herself, people are laughing at her, someone even made a fake facebook of her that was really really nasty. She is not model material (I know that sounds really harsh) but she isn't, she's quite overweight, she has a huge chin, bad teeth. She has an album on Facebook that is titled 'modelling career' and not to be nasty but it looks like when those really ugly girls win a photo shoot competition and then put the photos on Facebook, you know what I mean? they make me cringe.

She put a status up on Facebook this morning that finally made me snap at her it went ''Since my modelling career's kicked off, I've had hate, people making fake facebooks of me, people stalking me, men throwing themselves at me, I'm proud to say that I have kept myself grounded and not let it get to me, love my fans and the people who have stuck by me xx'' :confused: and I thought like wtf you are clearly deluded love. So I told her all of this what I've said in this post and she has fallen out with me.

I just feel like I can't sit by and watch someone make such a **** out of themselves and not say anything.

What do I do? I still want to be her friend but I can't sit by and watch that.
That was actually a well-written story.

She may be deluded, but that may be keeping her happy?

Seeing as she's 19, and a single mum.
Lol'ed.

Tell her how it is.
Reply 3
Bet that 60 year old guy can't believe his luck. Probably bustin' all kindz of nuts.

All kindzzzz
Just ignore it all :rolleyes:
Ohhh that's so sad :frown: I've seen people like that on Facebook, there's nothing you can say to a person like that, you've just have to try and ignore it.
As her friend, you need to tell her how it is. That's what I do with my friends and vice-versa. She's clearly been tricked by this old man to believe that she's a model when she's not. A model isn't just someone who has a photo of them being taken by someone, otherwise we'd all be called freaking models haha. Tell her she needs to calm down before even more people jump on her case. Tell her nicely that she's not a real model, whether she gets paid by this man or not, I'm pretty sure it isn't anywhere near a real model's salary, nor is it probably enough for her and her child. She needs to focus on getting a real job and earning good money to support herself and her baby. This man is most probably shagging her too.
Reply 7
Alas, this is how the easy popular girls turn out :/
Reply 8
Oh no. Maybe get someone that knows her properly to tell her, someone that she'll listen to. I'd hate to see my friend in such a situation but tbh if she's fallen out with you there's not much you can do because she'll just assume your jealous :frown:
Pics?
Original post by EatAndRevise
Pics?

I don't think it would be very fair if I put the pics up here would it?!
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think it would be very fair if I put the pics up here would it?!

pics or it didn't happen
Original post by ChickenMadness
pics or it didn't happen

It's tempting, but you will all just laugh at her and seeing as she is my friend I wouldn't do that to her.
Reply 13
You've been honest with her and that's the most you can do. It's nice that even though she's fallen out with you you're still trying to work out how you can serve her best interests. The most you can do is be patient and honest. Unfortunately sometimes people have to learn from their own mistakes.
Original post by Anonymous
It's tempting, but you will all just laugh at her and seeing as she is my friend I wouldn't do that to her.

It'll be very cruel if you do that...
Original post by TolerantBeing
It'll be very cruel if you do that...

Not really. Her photos are public anyway since she's a model. Just means more publicity for her.
You're a good friend for telling her, even though she's fallen out with you, be there for her if she needs you. It's one of those things where you have to let it die down and pass. Can't be easy being a single mum.
Your a good friend, You make an effort to prove To her that you are here to stay as a real friend but if she don't see that girl than she's not your real friend. I've been thru a situation with 1 of my old good friend, her boyfriend was my ex close friend and he tried on me. I told her but she went back to him when she was the one who cried to me telling that he might be cheated on her and on top of that tried it on me but she chucked it all back to my face like a dick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending