The Student Room Group

I love my boyfriend but I'm being tempted by other men

I've been with my lovely, amazing boyfriend, who is also my best friend, for a year and 5 months. The thing is... I'm finding myself becoming increasingly tempted sexually by two other men.

The thing is, I see my boyfriend once a fortnight on average because he's quite busy, whereas I see the two other men I'm interested in almost every day because they're my colleagues. One of the other men I'm only slightly interested in, but the other one I'm finding irresistable, to be honest... and I see him all the time! Sometimes the temptation is so strong I feel like I'm gonna explode!

I'd love to try him out for one night and then return to my lovely boyfriend, who I do love very much, but I know relationships don't work like that.

The thing is, I'm not even sure it's gonna work long-term with my boyfriend. I'm 20 and he's an older guy with a daughter and his own busy life and honestly, I can't see all this reconciling for the better. But parting from my boyfriend would mean losing the best friend I ever had. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you cant control yourself, leave him before you hurt someone and cause a world of drama.
Well if he's so lovely and amazing, I'm not quite sure how one guys body is enough for you to feel like there's a problem.

I would hope my future girlfriend will love me enough that such temptations are a trivial nuisance.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my lovely, amazing boyfriend, who is also my best friend, for a year and 5 months. The thing is... I'm finding myself becoming increasingly tempted sexually by two other men.

The thing is, I see my boyfriend once a fortnight on average because he's quite busy, whereas I see the two other men I'm interested in almost every day because they're my colleagues. One of the other men I'm only slightly interested in, but the other one I'm finding irresistable, to be honest... and I see him all the time! Sometimes the temptation is so strong I feel like I'm gonna explode!

I'd love to try him out for one night and then return to my lovely boyfriend, who I do love very much, but I know relationships don't work like that.

The thing is, I'm not even sure it's gonna work long-term with my boyfriend. I'm 20 and he's an older guy with a daughter and his own busy life and honestly, I can't see all this reconciling for the better. But parting from my boyfriend would mean losing the best friend I ever had. What do I do?

It sounds like you like your boyfriend as a friend.
You obviously do not love him as much as you say you do, since you are so easily tempted.
Reply 5
you women.. always causing heartbreak and cheating on your loyal male partner
Yupp it always starts at work...
Reply 7
Leave him because you clearly want the other guy
Reply 8
The thing is... I like my colleague both as a friend and sexually, but there is zero romantic feeling. But the urge to get this out of my system is just... insurmountable.
The thing is... I like my colleague both as a friend and sexually, but there is zero romantic feeling. But the urge to get this out of my system is just... insurmountable.

Just leave your boyfriend.

I'd love to try him out for one night and then return to my lovely boyfriend.

For that comment alone you should leave your bf. He deserves better.
I don't respond on this forum often but your already beginning to question your relationship and making excuses to avoid feeling shallow to break up because of a body.If you ask me your relationship is already over.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you sexually attracted to your boyfriend whatsoever? Tbh it seems like the main problem in your relationship is that you only see him once every two weeks. That's insane.
Original post by Acidy
you women.. always causing heartbreak and cheating on your loyal male partner

Exactly this.
You should just leave him, why would you want to hurt him by cheating.

Just bite the bullet
X

Try and ignore the TSR-kiddies giving you the old "if you really loved him you wouldn't feel that way"-nonsense. Everyone is different, and most of the people on here have never had a long-term relationship.

As a person who is thoroughly in love with their partner but often panics a bit about attraction to other people, I can understand where you're coming from.

We can't answer the question as to what you should do for you, but you need to consider what you actually want from the two guys, i.e. Do you see them as potential relationships, or just find them sexually attractive? If the latter, is it really worth stopping an otherwise happy relationship for? If the former, do you think they're interested in you back?

Forget the two guys for a bit and just think about your relationship without those external factors. Are there changes you can make to get more out of the relationship, or would it be a dead loss regardless of your desires?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aivicore
Try and ignore the TSR-kiddies giving you the old "if you really loved him you wouldn't feel that way"-nonsense. Everyone is different, and most of the people on here have never had a long-term relationship.

As a person who is thoroughly in love with their partner but often panics a bit about attraction to other people, I can understand where you're coming from.

We can't answer the question as to what you should do for you, but you need to consider what you actually want from the two guys, i.e. Do you see them as potential relationships, or just find them sexually attractive? If the latter, is it really worth stopping an otherwise happy relationship for? If the former, do you think they're interested in you back?

Err I can assure you I have been in long term relationships.
And if she is seriously considering cheating, and has gone so far as she'd be quite happy to do this other guy then go back to her boyfriend (essentially having her cake and eating it) then she really needs to think seriously about leaving because the bf deserves a hell of a lot better.
Original post by Aivicore
Try and ignore the TSR-kiddies

Hmmm... kiddies....

OP, I suggest you do not ignore us 'kiddies' if you want your relationship with your boyfriend to work. It won't work if you cheat on him unless he forgives you, but you will destroy his confidence. If you loved him as much as you said you did, finding other people attractive would be on a superficial level rather than becoming an urge for you to sleep with them and having fantasies about them... Sort out your priorities or you'll hurt someone who you claim to care so much about.
Reply 19

How much older is he?

Latest

Trending

Trending