The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

A2
Hoping - A*AA + Pass in Welsh Bacc
Need - AA + Pass in Welsh Bacc
Expecting - ABB + Pass in Welsh Bacc
How I'll open them - if track does not update before my school opens, I'll run in at 9am, be the first to grab them and as I usually do, tear the envelope to pieces trying to get at the damned letters.
How I'll react - if I've got into my firm, I'll be doing cartwheels out of the school and will ring everyone, maybe go to a friends' BBQ. If I fail, then I'll cry my eyeballs out at the thought of a gap year and having to do the UKCAT again.
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AABB

What are you expecting? AACC

How will you open them? Hand the envelope to my parents then run away for safety purposes.

How will you celebrate / react? I'll probably act indifferent either way while at school then go home and cry myself to sleep.
Will be going out and partying regardless of my results.
A2 English:
Hoping for: A
Expecting: B

AS Philosophy and History:
Hoping for: AA
Expecting: AB

(I'm in a strange situation, which explains the A2/AS mix)...

I'll open them on my own somewhere. If they're good, I'll cry, and if they're bad, I'll cry.

:confused:
Original post by MeeranB
A2

Hoping for: A*A*A

Expecting: A*AA

I will open them:
I told my mates I'd chug 10 red bulls before opening my results, just for the bants, and I'll be opening them in college, or in front of a camera so I can record my reaction, because if I get either my expected or hoped for results, it'd be absolutely insane, so I'm not afraid of doing so bad that I'm upset or don't want people to see.

I will react
: I'll probably be bouncing off the flippin' walls because of all that redbull, and just generally being really hyped and happy, also, if I get A*A*A, I'll probably try calling up Imperial to see if they have an adjustment place in Computer Science, but if they don't, I'll just hang up and continue being pumped over this results shiet, because going to durham for comp sci is still HUUUUUGEEEE.

Heard a lot about Comp Sci when I went to visit Durham the other week!

Enjoy all that red bull :biggrin: Who'll be filming?
Original post by BesideThePoint
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AABB

What are you expecting? AACC

How will you open them? Hand the envelope to my parents then run away for safety purposes.

How will you celebrate / react? I'll probably act indifferent either way while at school then go home and cry myself to sleep.

Mine are AS too. Will you actually leave your parents to open them?

Original post by letsbehonest
Will be going out and partying regardless of my results.

Good stuff haha! That's the way to do it... #drinkaway
Reply 26
A2

BBB

BCD

Track to see if I actually get in, collect them in school not caring (in the case I'm accepted), crying into school if I don't get accepted.

Crying out of happiness/sadness
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

A2

What are you hoping for?

AAA

What are you expecting?

AAB

How will you open them?

I'll probably lock myself in a classroom or a toilet cubicle before opening.

How will you celebrate / react?

Tears of joy or tears of bitter disappointment.
What I need AAB-ABB
What I'm expecting ABB-BBC
How I will open: Get the envelope and go back to the car and open lol, if okay, then go back into school, if not then phoning for clearing..
How I will react: Happy and just relieved if I get into Uni, depressed sad and cry (later of course), and drown my sorrows in chocolate and junk food.. if I have to go through clearing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
A2
Hoping for A*A*AA
Most likely A*AAB-A*ABB
Getting them through email, so nervously click on it as soon as I see it!
Reaction hmm shacking probably and crying regardless tbh ahah
AS
Hoping to get: AAAA (hopefully averaging 90+% UMS)
Expecting to get: AAAB
How will I open them: at college
How will I react: depends on what I get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3LostContinents
AS
Hoping to get: AAAA (hopefully averaging 90+% UMS)
Expecting to get: AAAB
How will I open them: at college
How will I react: depends on what I get

Ahh right, hope it goes well. I'm in a similar position:

Hoping to get: AAAAA
Expecting to get: AAAAB

But, as you say, it's the UMS that counts...
Original post by MeeranB
A2

Hoping for: A*A*A

Expecting: A*AA

I will open them:
I told my mates I'd chug 10 red bulls before opening my results, just for the bants, and I'll be opening them in college, or in front of a camera so I can record my reaction, because if I get either my expected or hoped for results, it'd be absolutely insane, so I'm not afraid of doing so bad that I'm upset or don't want people to see.

I will react
: I'll probably be bouncing off the flippin' walls because of all that redbull, and just generally being really hyped and happy, also, if I get A*A*A, I'll probably try calling up Imperial to see if they have an adjustment place in Computer Science, but if they don't, I'll just hang up and continue being pumped over this results shiet, because going to durham for comp sci is still HUUUUUGEEEE.

That amount of redbull could kill you. I wouldn't.
hold a prayer circle first, then open it up. it's also a friends 18th so I'll either be drowning my sorrows or celebrating :P

I'm hoping for ABB but probably will get ABC :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Mine are AS too. Will you actually leave your parents to open them?

That's the plan
Reply 35
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

A2
Hoping for AAA because I really want to study Human Sciences at UCL.
Probably expecting : ABB( or WORSE!:eek:) Im trying to be optimistic but I know I flopped my exams.
I will probably cry first, pray, and then open the letter.
I don't know how I will react or celebrate until I know my results, I will probably go on a massive shopping spree if I do well. However, I can guarantee that more tears will be shed.
A2
Hoping for A*A*A*
Expecting A*A*A
(unfortunately including EPQ, but I already know this is an A*)
We can only get ours over intranet, so no exciting letter opening like most other people get :frown:
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

Hoping for at least AAA as those are my entry requirements, but ideally with an A* somewhere. I'm expecting AAA though, although in really bad moments I'm thinking AAB or ABB :puke: Realistically I did well enough at AS and my coursework this year that it should be easy enough to get my uni grades but I'm not so sure...

I can get my results online thankfully at 6.30am. So I will be awake all night panicking, updating track and my results page every five minutes even at like 2am, until I finally find out. Then I'll either be ringing universities, or going back to sleep. Also going to a gig that evening so that's sort of like a celebration/ignoring my problems event :smile:
Reply 38
A2

What are you hoping for?

A*A*A*A*
What are you expecting?
A*A*A*A
How will you open them?
I'm more of a traditionalist (i.e. Go into school to open results and hug teachers)

If below A*AAA -
disappointed. Felt sufficient preparation was given.
I am taking a gap year, so I don't want to start potentially one of the best experiences of my life on a bummer.
:colondollar:
Original post by benplumley
A2
Hoping for A*A*A*
Expecting A*A*A
(unfortunately including EPQ, but I already know this is an A*)
We can only get ours over intranet, so no exciting letter opening like most other people get :frown:

Impressive. Where are you from: is this why you can only get them online?

Currently working in my EPQ at the moment. So is your A* in it part of a Uni offer or have you just taken 2 A levels as a challenge for yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest