The Student Room Group

Students (and everyone else), What is your opinion on "The Secret Life of Students"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maryamzahid
Lauren deactivated her twitter?! damn, I suppose the tags must have gotten to her, was reading them and a fair few were sly digs at Lauren.

She hasn't deactivated her twitter, she's put her account on private! :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo
She hasn't deactivated her twitter, she's put her account on private! :smile:

aah right :smile:
Reply 42
MagicNMedicine summed it up really well the programs made for entertainment and ye most people at uni are just normal
Original post by 93jm
MagicNMedicine summed it up really well the programs made for entertainment and ye most people at uni are just normal

yeah, I understand that, like nearly everything on tv is made for entertainment, channel 4 probably only chose people who seemed interesting. As if that many people have sex at University though, it makes you question if things at some uni's are really like that.
Aiden was obviously a bellend, they just chose him because he's fantactic tele.

Josie is insecure, quite attractive, misses her family/friends from home, doesn't quite get that 'popularity' isn't such a big thing at uni and is gradually working it out. There are a thousand girls like her at any uni, she'll sort her confidence out and bag a mid 2.1.

Lauren I felt sorry for at furst, but her need for attention about the fact she was miserable was annoying.

The most uni moment I though was when Josie's flat were just chatting in the kitchen, she told them she had the clap and that guy wet himself and ran out to tell the rest of the block.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Haha I just started watching the program only to see one of my friends I knew a while back as one of the lead characters. Oh life.
Original post by Acidy
Haha I just started watching the program only to see one of my friends I knew a while back as one of the lead characters. Oh life.

haha that would have been a laugh! I saw a few people I knew on the show too which was fun.
Reply 47
haha that would have been a laugh! I saw a few people I knew on the show too which was fun.

I was just like: "Hey Isn't that.. Isn't that.. Hmmm. Oooooooooo" :biggrin:
Original post by Acidy
I was just like: "Hey Isn't that.. Isn't that.. Hmmm. Oooooooooo" :biggrin:

haha, apparently a few of my old friends who went to Leicester were asked to come on the show, but refused because of the whole privacy thing. I wouldn't like it if anyone read my texts or facebook messages.
Reply 49
I hate cheesy reality TV shows, the people they put on those shows are invariably annoying *****. I won't be watching it.
Reply 50
I agree.

Call me traditional but I'll be happy to settle with a natural experience. Feel sorry for that girl though, I'm not sure why she would volunteer to be taped.
yeah, I understand that, like nearly everything on tv is made for entertainment, channel 4 probably only chose people who seemed interesting. As if that many people have sex at University though, it makes you question if things at some uni's are really like that.

What do you mean as if that many people have sex at uni? Its not rare at all..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
What do you mean as if that many people have sex at uni? Its not rare at all..

Posted from TSR Mobile

let me explain properly. I was talking to my friend who has just completed her first year of uni and told me that sex is a major part of it all. it got all confusing in my head sorry :smile:
Although it is a caricature portrayal of uni life, as a non drinker this show has increased my nervousness about uni in september :/ Nonetheless it's a very entertaining show :biggrin:

On another note, anyone else notice the heavy apple iphone product placemement or do the all actually have iphones? :confused:
Original post by CocoaPowder
Although it is a caricature portrayal of uni life, as a non drinker this show has increased my nervousness about uni in september :/ Nonetheless it's a very entertaining show :biggrin:

On another note, anyone else notice the heavy apple iphone product placemement or do the all actually have iphones? :confused:

I wouldn't worry about the whole drinking element in freshers week, many people are teetotal like Lauren from the show but she handled the situation wrong. Even if you don't drink, just go to the clubs and get a non-alcoholic drink and mix with people :smile: its easy ^_^ and yeah, I noticed that a lot but I do think most of them have iPhones anyway, with free iMessage, its easier to send texts :P
I wouldn't worry about the whole drinking element in freshers week, many people are teetotal like Lauren from the show but she handled the situation wrong. Even if you don't drink, just go to the clubs and get a non-alcoholic drink and mix with people :smile: its easy ^_^ and yeah, I noticed that a lot but I do think most of them have iPhones anyway, with free iMessage, its easier to send texts :P

Totally agree about Lauren learnt a few lessons from her as to how not to be teetotal :rolleyes:
Original post by CocoaPowder
Totally agree about Lauren learnt a few lessons from her as to how not to be teetotal :rolleyes:

I liked how she matured afterwards though, but I think its better to make new friends instead of cling on to poor Daniel
Reply 57
To be honest, thisshow reminded me of when I went to Uni at 19. Stupid English chavs with little culture, education, interests ... just bland sheep following each other and being party animals. No personality or morals, just sheep. I hated those types at Uni, it's as if they didn't have a mind of their own. They just act like the others to fit in. I hope to avoid this atmosphere when I go again this september.
Reply 58
Original post by Parx
To be honest, thisshow reminded me of when I went to Uni at 19. Stupid English chavs with little culture, education, interests ... just bland sheep following each other and being party animals. No personality or morals, just sheep. I hated those types at Uni, it's as if they didn't have a mind of their own. They just act like the others to fit in. I hope to avoid this atmosphere when I go again this september.

You seem like a real joy to be around. Ever thought that quite a few students might actually just like going out and partying?
I liked how she matured afterwards though, but I think its better to make new friends instead of cling on to poor Daniel

That's true. Despite her issues she was my favourite character. My least favourite one was that girl (Lily?) who was such a gossip. Something would happen and she'd just start texting everyone about it o_o

Quick Reply

Latest