The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Men also do this pretty regularly.

And OP: I think you know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Some men
I'm just saying... How do you think it's going to make him feel? You're effectively asking him for an open relationship... And hence telling him that he's not enough for you. He may find your request reasonable, or it may break his heart, destroy him. I know if my bf ever asked me such a question, I would be too heart broken to continue the relationship. I'm asking you consider the type of guy your boyfriend is carefully before you make such a move.

Original post by Anonymous
I'm not gonna cheat on him! I meant in my OP that I found titillating the thought of having a ONS with the guy from work with my boyfriend's permission. I'm not actually gonna do it.
I meant I was thinking about having a ONS with the guy from work with my boyfriend's permission and then returning to my boyfriend. It was a thought I knew couldn't be put into practice.

I still would say you are walking very dodgy ground morally.
If you think he would be into that (some people are), then go ahead.
Or could a threesome be a possibility?
But if you think you will cheat, or think saying anything to do with this kind of stuff to him will hurt him, then leave.

Original post by Aivicore
I said "most", and therefore wasn't targeting you.

You can't tell a stranger on the internet how they feel, which is why I posed questions to her so she can work it out for herself. Relationships and emotions are much more complex than "Attracted to someone else? You're an evil loveless whore!"

There is also an enormous difference between considering/fantasising about something and actually going ahead with it.

From what she has said though, it does sound a lot more than just being attracted to someone else.
(edited 9 years ago)

I'd love to try him out for one night and then return to my lovely boyfriend

This is women for you in 2014. They treat men like cars, things to use and dispose of once they are bored and can upgrade to a better model.

He's a human being. Not a Nokia 3210 you can just get rid of once you've got your eyes on an iPhone.

No doubt she will sleep with this other guy and he will not be interested in anything serious and she will then blame the guy for using her as opposed to her wanting to test drive before waltzing back home to her boyfriend.
Original post by Sanctimonious
This is women for you in 2014. They treat men like cars, things to use and dispose of once they are bored and can upgrade to a better model.

He's a human being. Not a Nokia 3210 you can just get rid of once you've got your eyes on an iPhone.

No doubt she will sleep with this other guy and he will not be interested in anything serious and she will then blame the guy for using her as opposed to her wanting to test drive before waltzing back home to her boyfriend.

"No doubt she will sleep with this other guy and he will not be interested in anything serious and she will then blame the guy for using her as opposed to her wanting to test drive before waltzing back home to her boyfriend."

​This^
Original post by Sanctimonious

No!!!!!! Please don't get me wrong! I do NOT view my boyfriend as a disposable object. He's my best friend in the whole world and every cell of my being admires him immensely.

I just... I dunno... I dunno.
No!!!!!! Please don't get me wrong! I do NOT view my boyfriend as a disposable object. He's my best friend in the whole world and every cell of my being admires him immensely.

But you aren't in love with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But you aren't in love with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. I think maybe I'm having these unfaithful thoughts is because even though he's a fantastic person in so many ways, I hardly ever see him. It's not through any fault of his own that I rarely see him (he has many extremely important commitments that are confidential), but I just feel like... what's the point in being in a relationship with someone you almost never get to see? Every time we part, I know I won't be seeing him again for ages.

"He's my best friend in the whole world"

Well, you have said it yourself, HE IS A FRIEND. Leave him before you hurt him.
I am. I think maybe I'm having these unfaithful thoughts is because even though he's a fantastic person in so many ways, I hardly ever see him. It's not through any fault of his own that I rarely see him (he has many extremely important commitments that are confidential), but I just feel like... what's the point in being in a relationship with someone you almost never get to see? Every time we part, I know I won't be seeing him again for ages.

You aren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
http://postmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_n45rqpnlA21tndugjo1_1280.jpg
I've been with my lovely, amazing boyfriend, who is also my best friend, for a year and 5 months. The thing is... I'm finding myself becoming increasingly tempted sexually by two other men.

The thing is, I see my boyfriend once a fortnight on average because he's quite busy, whereas I see the two other men I'm interested in almost every day because they're my colleagues. One of the other men I'm only slightly interested in, but the other one I'm finding irresistable, to be honest... and I see him all the time! Sometimes the temptation is so strong I feel like I'm gonna explode!

I'd love to try him out for one night and then return to my lovely boyfriend, who I do love very much, but I know relationships don't work like that.

The thing is, I'm not even sure it's gonna work long-term with my boyfriend. I'm 20 and he's an older guy with a daughter and his own busy life and honestly, I can't see all this reconciling for the better. But parting from my boyfriend would mean losing the best friend I ever had. What do I do?

It doesn't really sound like you love your boyfriend.
Men also do this pretty regularly.

And OP: I think you know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Reply 53
You need to have sex with your boyfriend when next you meet him. Maybe that will bring back a bit of spark back to the relationship.
Can I ask that this thread be deleted please????
Can I ask that this thread be deleted please????

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I regret making it...
I regret making it...

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's cool that you believe in love, good luck with that!
Reply 59

Sorry but you aren't a great person or a good partner. Fair enough, you have a fantasy or some urge but the fact that you are considering acting on them and doing it behind your boyfriends back is just disgusting and it he deserves much better. If you do want to have sex with your colleague, which it seems you probably will, then leave your boyfriend before you hurt someone and cause a whole lot of drama.

Latest

Trending

Trending