The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, im a Residential Advisor for the university and will be working in the Oadby Student Village from September onwards. I am also studying in the third year of my History degree.

If anyone has any questions about the accommodation just drop me a message.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1301
I'm starting grad med in september and looking to go into halls. What is the most social post grad halls?
Reply 1302
Original post by Jonathon2309
Hey guys, im a Residential Advisor for the university and will be working in the Oadby Student Village from September onwards. I am also studying in the third year of my History degree.

Hi

Do you know if the rooms in John Fosters come with an ironing board and iron or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IBAlex
Hi

Do you know if the rooms in John Fosters come with an ironing board and iron or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks

You will be supplied with an ironing board and an iron. Though I can't say they'll be the best quality.

What block are you in?
Original post by IBAlex
Hi

Thanks

There should be an ironing board. However this begs the question, why do you need either of those things? You're a student!
Hi!
Please can someone help me, I'm having a bit of a panic and I'd rather just check myself before I go crying to accoms in an email. I've received my offer for American Studies for entry this year and applied for accommodation as soon as possible. I got an email that has 'application submitted' in green on that little chart. On the accoms website, my 'State' is 'Awaiting verification.
Other than that, I've heard nothing about accommodation since I applied on March 17th, but then on here loads of people on here seem to know exactly where they're living. I am a British student and my offer is conditional. Can someone explain if my application is Ok or if there's been an error?
Thanks, Ellie.

Hi are the flats mixed sex? As when I applied it asked preference and I put mixed sex however I have heard they're all separate.
Original post by ellietaylor96
Hi!
Please can someone help me, I'm having a bit of a panic and I'd rather just check myself before I go crying to accoms in an email. I've received my offer for American Studies for entry this year and applied for accommodation as soon as possible. I got an email that has 'application submitted' in green on that little chart. On the accoms website, my 'State' is 'Awaiting verification.
Other than that, I've heard nothing about accommodation since I applied on March 17th, but then on here loads of people on here seem to know exactly where they're living. I am a British student and my offer is conditional. Can someone explain if my application is Ok or if there's been an error?
Thanks, Ellie.

You won't receive your offer of accommodation until your ucas offer becomes unconditional. Have you got your results yet?

Original post by courtneygunn
Hi are the flats mixed sex? As when I applied it asked preference and I put mixed sex however I have heard they're all separate.

The vast majority of flats are single sex but there are a few exceptions. It's unlikely you'll be put in a mixed flat.
You won't receive your offer of accommodation until your ucas offer becomes unconditional. Have you got your results yet?

Noo, not yet. So all the people on this thread so far are unconditional offer holders?
Original post by ellietaylor96
Noo, not yet. So all the people on this thread so far are unconditional offer holders?

Yes if they have accommodation offers they should also have unconditional offers. So don't start worrying just yet :smile:
Yes if they have accommodation offers they should also have unconditional offers. So don't start worrying just yet :smile:

Ok, good. Thanks very much for your help :smile:
Reply 1311
You will be supplied with an ironing board and an iron. Though I can't say they'll be the best quality.

What block are you in?

I'll be in Ragdale and thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1312
Original post by Sammydemon
There should be an ironing board. However this begs the question, why do you need either of those things? You're a student!

True but there may be a day where I need one but not that likely.
Original post by Danielletmoss
Hey,

So yesterday I received my accommodation details and I'll be in John Foster the coppice, floor 1 flat 12.

Im also going to be studying maths.

I'm studying Maths too!! Well Maths with Actuarial Science :smile:

hey :smile:
I was allocated a room in John Foster in The Coppice and I was wondering about a few things, how many people are there in each flat? Are we allowed mini fridges? And is the any chance we could see any pics as I have heard it is the older part of John Foster.
Can I just say it's very upsetting that Leicester chose brown carpets for the majority of their rooms
My brother stayed at The Zone and it was amazing !!!
He had a gym right opposite his room, a cinema room on the second floor and a chill out/games room on the third
Absolutely loved it!
It also has a sainsburys next door and a park across the bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goonerette13
hey :smile:
I was allocated a room in John Foster in The Coppice and I was wondering about a few things, how many people are there in each flat? Are we allowed mini fridges? And is the any chance we could see any pics as I have heard it is the older part of John Foster.

Hey! In The Coppice there are normally 5 per flat so expect to have 4 other flatmates. The rooms are not dissimilar to those seen on the university accommodation website in the John Foster section, just slightly older.

As far as mini fridges go the electricity outlets in rooms aren't as poweful as they are in the kitchen and using one may run the risk of blowing a fuse, so for that reason you're not supposed to have them. This said as long as it's small and you can keep it hidden when flat visits take place there shouldn't be a problem, (but you didn't hear that from me!).
Hey! In The Coppice there are normally 5 per flat so expect to have 4 other flatmates. The rooms are not dissimilar to those seen on the university accommodation website in the John Foster section, just slightly older.

As far as mini fridges go the electricity outlets in rooms aren't as poweful as they are in the kitchen and using one may run the risk of blowing a fuse, so for that reason you're not supposed to have them. This said as long as it's small and you can keep it hidden when flat visits take place there shouldn't be a problem, (but you didn't hear that from me!).

Hi :smile: do you know when we need to get our bus passes?
Original post by Danielle.A
Hi :smile: do you know when we need to get our bus passes?

Hey, it's probably a good idea to wait till late September, sometimes there is a promotional offer floating around Facebook that makes them a bit cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending