The Student Room Group

NEXT Sales Support Team

Hi, I applied for a job at Next and recieved a call this morning inviting me to an induction. It is for the sales support team and is my first induction. What is it like? What do I have to do? :confused: I have never had a job before

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
there are other posts that explain that the induction is making you watch health and safety videos as well as making you familiar with the store and equipment. what store did you apply for i also have an induction coming up
Reply 2
Hey I just got a job for sales support and didn't have an interview or anything.. as far as I'm aware you only need to go for an induction then that's you :smile: I have my induction on Thursday and first shift next week.

I forgot I even applied so I wad quote surprised about the phone call. I guess they'll just be telling us the rules so to say and the way they do things in the store if you get me. Don't be nervous induction days are easy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi im applying for next sales support team and would like to know what i should write down for the supporting notes section.
Reply 4
Original post by kaidsan123
hi im applying for next sales support team and would like to know what i should write down for the supporting notes section.

I just wrote why I thought I'd be a valuable member of the team I think..like a mini cover letter I suppose. I don't know what other people have done but it done me alright haha good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you, how long was it till they got back to you
Original post by dead101
I just wrote why I thought I'd be a valuable member of the team I think..like a mini cover letter I suppose. I don't know what other people have done but it done me alright haha good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 7
Original post by kaidsan123

I've applied to them so many times that I can't remember probably a few weeks but ive heard people hearing back quickly since it's the busier periods now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by manishaBreezy_
Have you had an interview before your induction?
I applied for Wednesbury, where did you apply?

o ok alright, im in an east london store (beckton), and no no interview or anything not even one over the telephone just an invitation to an induction day. and i applied through indeed, what about you?? you excited the hours are awkward as temps though arent they!
Reply 9
Original post by ChannieB
o ok alright, im in an east london store (beckton), and no no interview or anything not even one over the telephone just an invitation to an induction day. and i applied through indeed, what about you?? you excited the hours are awkward as temps though arent they!

I applied for the summer sales support team but I have a telephone interview today..slightly worried as no one else here seems to have had one!
Original post by dead101
Hey I just got a job for sales support and didn't have an interview or anything.. as far as I'm aware you only need to go for an induction then that's you :smile: I have my induction on Thursday and first shift next week.

I forgot I even applied so I wad quote surprised about the phone call. I guess they'll just be telling us the rules so to say and the way they do things in the store if you get me. Don't be nervous induction days are easy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did the induction go?
Original post by ChannieB

I applied on the Next website. Yeah I am excited, hopefully I get the job. I haven't been told what hours I'd be doing yet, do you know yours?
Original post by Zazu345
I applied for the summer sales support team but I have a telephone interview today..slightly worried as no one else here seems to have had one!

Don't worry, I was worried because I didn't have an interview. What questions did they ask you?
There was already a thread for this, but nevermind :rolleyes:
I did the summer sale '13 and now work permanently at Next, if you've anymore questions let me know. :smile:
Original post by Katieitak
I did the summer sale '13 and now work permanently at Next, if you've anymore questions let me know. :smile:

Did have an interview before you got the job or was it just an induction?
Original post by Katieitak

Do we have to wear that ugly t-shirt!? I am so nervous about wearing it because I'm overly self conscious about my arms :frown: and do we have to wear black trousers? Are we allowed to wear a black skirt with tights??
Did have an interview before you got the job or was it just an induction?

I just had an induction for the sale, however I did have an interview for my permanent position :smile:

Original post by Dominiquee06
Do we have to wear that ugly t-shirt!? I am so nervous about wearing it because I'm overly self conscious about my arms :frown: and do we have to wear black trousers? Are we allowed to wear a black skirt with tights??

I'm afraid so :frown: If you really are self-conscious about your arms, wear a long-sleeved black top underneath :smile: You're allowed to wear either black pants or skirt & tights, it's completely up to you aslong as you look smart!
How did the induction go?

It was good. Just health and safety, contract signing, shown how to use the equipment and picking up your tshirt. Quite excited now :biggrin:
hey ive applied for a temp sale support job at next too, does anyone know the length of the contract?
How did ou go about getting a permanent role? did you apply seperately for that? or did they ask if you wanted to stay on as a permanent member of staff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending