The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sami Khedira turned down extensive contract with real madrid and asks to move to ARSENAL !
Reply 161
Original post by studentwiz
Sami Khedira turned down extensive contract with real madrid and asks to move to ARSENAL !

I call bs
Original post by jam278
No downgrading to Sanchez. I've made my feelings about Sanchez and Ozil pretty clear for the past year or so, even before Arsenal were linked with him.

If you got Di Maria last year or even a Pedro e.g. I would have had no complaints whatsoever. Been saying that for over a year now. Sanchez like Ozil is an upgrade on what you have, but not necessarily what you need for that position. Personally Pedro would have been the better option.

Sanchez does have a high workrate which you guys have been lacking with having Ozil and Cazorla in the same team.

Pedro is a terribly limited player imho. If you run google translate on marca articles on the Sanchez sale, a very high proprtion of comments run ''Why the hell are we selling Alexis and not Pedro?'' :wink: We get from Walcott what we would from Pedro, we need someone a bit more unpredictable.

Sanchez to me is first and foremost a game-changer who makes things happen around him, either with his pace, work rate or intelligence. That's the kind of player we really lack in an attack heavily skewed towards passers and slow ball merchants. Play him on the left, play him up front or just give him a free role, in any situation we have a better complementation. Ive heard many say that Sanchez wasnt suited to the disciplined role he had at Barca and needs freedom to get the best out of his instincts and runs and he'll get that if nothing else from AW.

Our pressing game needs to improve massively as well and Sanchez is pretty good at that too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
It could, in a 433 and preferably with Walcott and not Ox on the wing. Would be similar to how Martino used Cesc and Alexis, which was the system that helped him improve his scoring numbers.. Özil would drop deeper and roam around more, similar to Cesc, which leaves space for Alexis in the middle to roam into and get into scoring positions.

A true winger as such would perhaps be a better option, but Pedro? I don't get why Alexis gets downplayed due to his poor numbers but Pedro gets so much recognition, he's a minnow slayer and admitteldy a beast for Spain, but if you have the choice between him and Alexis, it'd be worth for anyone to go for Alexis. Better footballer in most aspects, and can provide what Pedro does even when played out of position (cf this season...).

Possibly, if Arsenal got a good DM then it could happen. Ozil as a false 9 could potentially be a good move. I don't think Arsenal are good enough in controlling a game to do that vs big teams though. Would work vs minnows though. Which would mean the minnow slayer Pedro would be a shoe in fit for that team.

Admittedly I dislike Sanchez and have done for years. He's had a good world cup and a good season for Barca which I can't deny. I like Pedro as I think he's probably a better space player, he can dribble(although he doesn't do this too much any more) in the spain games that I've watched when he's on the right he makes runs in behind the fullback and CB while on the left he likes to cut in and supply/shoot but he's still direct and makes runs if possible. So he offers a dimension that Cazorla doesn't at the very least.

Pedro is the better finisher than Sanchez, a better player in searching for space. Although as the actual footballer on the ball, Sanchez is better. I feel that with Walcott being injured, Pedro would give a similar dimension to Walcott but with better dribbling ability. Although he's no longer that 2011 Pedro I'd rather have him than Sanchez.
Reply 164
Why are we bidding for so much for Khedira when he's only got a year left on his contract.

Original post by AR_95
I call bs

I don't get where people come up with this sort of stuff during the WC from. He's got a final to play on saturday, i doubt he's thinking about club related matter atm. Probably his agent trying to gather some interest.
Original post by 419
Why are we bidding for so much for Khedira when he's only got a year left on his contract.

I don't get where people come up with this sort of stuff during the WC from. He's got a final to play on saturday, i doubt he's thinking about club related matter atm. Probably his agent trying to gather some interest.

Not to forget the crazy wages he's requesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Original post by 419

Think the guy's just baiting tbh
Reply 167
Why the heck is the launch at 11pm
Original post by SHOO

Try to target foreign markets? It'll be 6 pm EST and 7 am in Tokyo.
Original post by SHOO

David Ornstein Alexis wouldn't be at the Unveil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
That false 9 system is ridiculous as said already neither wingers look to run in behind defences, they are more creative. Ox has time on his side to learn how to make runs to stretch defences, but Sanchez is unlikely to adapt his game to that. He looked poor for Barca because of this. Last season he was getting more touches of the ball rather than just supporting Messi so he did better.

That false 9 system will not work and I can guarantee that Wenger will not use that system once this season. He'll rather play Sanogo if Giroud gets injured or Walcott when he becomes fit.

Possibly, if Arsenal got a good DM then it could happen. Ozil as a false 9 could potentially be a good move. I don't think Arsenal are good enough in controlling a game to do that vs big teams though. Would work vs minnows though. Which would mean the minnow slayer Pedro would be a shoe in fit for that team.

'Ridiculous' - but as soon as qua intervened the system has become possible?

What's even more ridiculous is that in your original post you said it wouldn't work because OX and Sanchez don't make runs behind, but in response to qua it could work if Arsenal get a good DM.

Aren't you capable of thinking for yourself?

Also, note that I left the DM position empty:

Wilshere DM
OX Ramsey Sanchez
Ozil

As qua rightly said, the space left by Ozil would be occupied by the OX, Sanchez, Ramsey, and even Wilshere, whilst the DM, whoever he may be, will sit and protect the defence.

Replace the OX with Walcott when he's fit and this system has just become better - to claim that it is ridiculous, even without Walcott, is downright stupid.
Original post by jam278
No downgrading to Sanchez. I've made my feelings about Sanchez and Ozil pretty clear for the past year or so, even before Arsenal were linked with him.

If you got Di Maria last year or even a Pedro e.g. I would have had no complaints whatsoever. Been saying that for over a year now. Sanchez like Ozil is an upgrade on what you have, but not necessarily what you need for that position. Personally Pedro would have been the better option.

Sanchez does have a high workrate which you guys have been lacking with having Ozil and Cazorla in the same team.

You change your opinion with the wind. So many contradictory statements. That's not what you said couple weeks ago when I said I preferred Pedro for Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
You change your opinion with the wind. So many contradictory statements. That's not what you said couple weeks ago when I said I preferred Pedro for Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it's just that whenever Arsenal sign the player, things change...
Original post by Zürich

Haha, so true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad

If we'd resigned Fabregas, you can guarentee that we'd be getting the low-down from everyone about how finished he is...

Just waiting for Sagna to start getting serious hype at City as well...
Original post by Zürich

I know, I'm quite shocked. Man was adamant on Sanchez being better couple weeks ago and now it's a different story. But it's ok, we understand he is a "fan of football" before being a Chelsea fan lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

Yup. Lol just look at the way people talk about Ozil now smh. I don't remember this amount of getting unto him when he had bad games at Real. I know if we signed Khedira people will stop rating him. The general thing is we have ruined Özil apparently..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 177
Original post by Kruz
Yup. Lol just look at the way people talk about Ozil now smh. I don't remember this amount of getting unto him when he had bad games at Real. I know if we signed Khedira people will stop rating him. The general thing is we have ruined Özil apparently..

Lol yeah, the minute we signed Ozil infact.. I had a Manchester United fan say to me "Ah, this move has ruined Ozil's chances of getting into the German team for the World Cup"

Sometimes I really fail to understand why Arsenal is probably the most hated team by other fans?

It's not even like we've won a huge amount in the past decade 😂
I'm late.....but I'm in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Lol yeah, the minute we signed Ozil infact.. I had a Manchester United fan say to me "Ah, this move has ruined Ozil's chances of getting into the German team for the World Cup"

Sometimes I really fail to understand why Arsenal is probably the most hated team by other fans?

It's not even like we've won a huge amount in the past decade

Probably because of the Arsenal fans. There is a reason why Liverpool are hated so much and that is because of the fans, same for Arsenal.