The Student Room Group

Scared that no one will turn up at the party

So, under the persuasion of my friends, I have created a party and invited over 160 people on Facebook.

However, I'm getting doubts whether many people will turn up and is it worth it? I do regret it as it could either be very good or end up disastrously.

I'm just a normal guy, liked by my friends and I get on well with pretty much anyone. But the problem is that I'm not one of those popular guys so I'm getting doubts over whether anyone would really want to attend the party?

What's more, I don't know 70% of the girls which are invited, there's also doubts on the problems of ratios and that could also end up badly if 50 guys turn up and there's only 20 girls.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, I'm just the guy who gets along with everyone, but not many very close relationships apart from my core friends. And I'm not known to be a party animal either which might also affect the turnout of the party.....
Reply 1
bump
Is this a house party? Are you comfortable with the possibility of so many strangers in your house?

I think this was a bad idea all around, to have planned this party under coercion, and not because you actually wanted to do it.
Reply 3
Original post by strawberry
Is this a house party? Are you comfortable with the possibility of so many strangers in your house?

I think this was a bad idea all around, to have planned this party under coercion, and not because you actually wanted to do it.

I rented out a venue so it's not a house party...
Yeah, I wasn't sure on it at first, it's just too late to change it and my reps on the line :L
Original post by Anonymous
I rented out a venue so it's not a house party...
Yeah, I wasn't sure on it at first, it's just too late to change it and my reps on the line :L

I think you'll realize later in life that "rep" has zero clout anywhere and is such a juvenile idea.

Since you've already gone as far as to rent out a venue, just wait and see. I don't think you should read so much into the turnout. I'm not even sure that the people that will show up are ones you should be caring about anyway, let alone those who don't show up.
Reply 5
bump
It's a party so unless it is terrible, anyone there will definitely be turnt up! :smile:
To be honest, I don't think many people have much to say to your "bump".

If people don't turn up, then they don't turn up. You can't really do much. It's what happens when you invite a load of people you don't know, when people get the invite, they look and think "who's this guy again?" and I doubt they will come.

Your best bet is to personalise it more, call a few of your friends and say you wanna confirm numbers so you need to know if they are coming. At least that way, they feel more inclined to come.
Reply 8
Original post by stargirl63
To be honest, I don't think many people have much to say to your "bump".

If people don't turn up, then they don't turn up. You can't really do much. It's what happens when you invite a load of people you don't know, when people get the invite, they look and think "who's this guy again?" and I doubt they will come.

Your best bet is to personalise it more, call a few of your friends and say you wanna confirm numbers so you need to know if they are coming. At least that way, they feel more inclined to come.

Fortunately I didn't invite most of the girls :') They were invited by my friend who they all know...

I just hope it isn't disastrous :s-smilie:
Fortunately I didn't invite most of the girls :') They were invited by my friend who they all know...

I just hope it isn't disastrous :s-smilie:

In that case, everyone will probably come. No one will invite other people to a party they are not going to :smile:
Reply 10
Well, if it's on fb, how many people have said they're "going"?
Original post by Clip
Well, if it's on fb, how many people have said they're "going"?

24 Going
12 Maybe
130 is "Invited" still
Reply 12
24 Going
12 Maybe
130 is "Invited" still

So far, I would guess that you can bank on 20, but you can't guarantee when they will show.

All you can do is send reminders and updates to the event.

One thing you can try is supplying free drink at the beginning, to encourage early attendence, but it depends a lot on the type of event, venue and the kind of people you know.
should've put your location in your post. guaranteed attenders.
So, under the persuasion of my friends, I have created a party and invited over 160 people on Facebook.

However, I'm getting doubts whether many people will turn up and is it worth it? I do regret it as it could either be very good or end up disastrously.

I'm just a normal guy, liked by my friends and I get on well with pretty much anyone. But the problem is that I'm not one of those popular guys so I'm getting doubts over whether anyone would really want to attend the party?

What's more, I don't know 70% of the girls which are invited, there's also doubts on the problems of ratios and that could also end up badly if 50 guys turn up and there's only 20 girls.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, I'm just the guy who gets along with everyone, but not many very close relationships apart from my core friends. And I'm not known to be a party animal either which might also affect the turnout of the party.....

If you are "liked by your friends", then at least they will turn up. So it's not as if nobody will go.
Original post by Clip
So far, I would guess that you can bank on 20, but you can't guarantee when they will show.

All you can do is send reminders and updates to the event.

One thing you can try is supplying free drink at the beginning, to encourage early attendence, but it depends a lot on the type of event, venue and the kind of people you know.

TBH there's over a month left and I only made the event a day ago ish. I can bag on at least 30 people attending. But the amount of time, effort and £ I've spent on it, it's not worth it if 30 people turn up :L

Guess I just have to wait it out and invite more girls :') The ratios are currently 4:6 if the majority, so 110+ ish turns up (4 B and 6 G).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending