The Student Room Group
University of York
York

En Suite Twin

Hey

Im just wondering if someone could inform me a little more regarding Ensuite Twin shared accomodation. As I'm studying Law and thought Goodricke is on the doorstep but I'm just wondering is Shared En Suite means only two share the shower facility or does it mean its an Ensuite room with others having rooms like it down your corridor, and you all share the same shower facilities.

Any info would be great

Jonny,
Reply 1
Hey :smile:

I was in a similar room (wasn't ensuite). It means that you'll be sharing the room and the bathroom with one other student. These types of rooms are bigger, have 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 wardrobes, etc.

Hope it helps :smile:
University of York
York
Yep thanks and isnt it ensuite if it has a bathroom? If not i'll be demanding a lower rate for the room haha. The info has put my mind to rest though as a think a could deal with having a roomy and bathroom. Just hope the bugger doesnt snore haha
Reply 3
Original post by Outdoorsman24
Yep thanks and isnt it ensuite if it has a bathroom? If not i'll be demanding a lower rate for the room haha. The info has put my mind to rest though as a think a could deal with having a roomy and bathroom. Just hope the bugger doesnt snore haha

Haha :biggrin: Yes, it has its own bathroom (one room + bathroom). As you'll be sharing the room with another student, you'll also be sharing the bathroom in the room.

My room wasn't en-suite but was a twin room, in a block. We had our bathroom in the corridor and I had to share it with 2-3 other people which was fine. (Vanbrugh college, Le page court)

When you apply for accommodation and select a twin room, you'll be probably sent a questionnaire where you have to write some info about hobbies, interests, etc. It's used to put people with similar living habits and interests in the same room. At least it was used when I applied 2 years ago. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest