The Student Room Group

Pyschology or English Lit? Quickly have to change options?

(I would've put this on the sticky choosing a level thread but I felt like this issue is more specific)

Basically my school rang me up before saying I have to go in tomorrow because I've got a timetable clash for next year:confused:. I'm guessing Theatre and Politics clash as there will only be one class of each next year, and I'm kind of annoyed. I really enjoy and I'm good at both of them.

Along with Theatre and Politics, I planned to take Business and History. I really want to do a Business and Media combined degree or (arts) Management degree, I already know what career I want to do etc etc (management of arts/culture)

Now I feel like I've hit a brick wall because I don't like ANY of the other subjects on offer. I'm very good at English Lit (full marks in GCSE coursework) but I don't enjoy reading (never read the texts:rolleyes:) and the lessons were quite boring at GCSE. My issues with Lit is that I'm not sure if it's too arts/culture based doing Theatre and Lit. I'm worried I'll look like a script freak!

I was also thinking about maybe doing Psychology, as that's good for any sort of Management job, but then I'm worried my options aren't Arts based enough. One thing that puts me off is the high grade boundaries! My sixth form requires a B (at least) in Biology and English Language - I'm projected an A in Biology (rather debatable if I will get that!) and I got an A in English Language in January.

I plan to only take Lit or Pyschology to AS also :smile:

So really I'm just asking for advice, especially with my career choice and university, as I'm really not sure which one would be best to take. Thanks so much!
A levels are very different from GCSEs!

I'd do Business, History, politics and English lit.

Original post by miacat
(I would've put this on the sticky choosing a level thread but I felt like this issue is more specific)

Basically my school rang me up before saying I have to go in tomorrow because I've got a timetable clash for next year:confused:. I'm guessing Theatre and Politics clash as there will only be one class of each next year, and I'm kind of annoyed. I really enjoy and I'm good at both of them.

Along with Theatre and Politics, I planned to take Business and History. I really want to do a Business and Media combined degree or (arts) Management degree, I already know what career I want to do etc etc (management of arts/culture)

Now I feel like I've hit a brick wall because I don't like ANY of the other subjects on offer. I'm very good at English Lit (full marks in GCSE coursework) but I don't enjoy reading (never read the texts:rolleyes:) and the lessons were quite boring at GCSE. My issues with Lit is that I'm not sure if it's too arts/culture based doing Theatre and Lit. I'm worried I'll look like a script freak!

I was also thinking about maybe doing Psychology, as that's good for any sort of Management job, but then I'm worried my options aren't Arts based enough. One thing that puts me off is the high grade boundaries! My sixth form requires a B (at least) in Biology and English Language - I'm projected an A in Biology (rather debatable if I will get that!) and I got an A in English Language in January.

I plan to only take Lit or Pyschology to AS also :smile:

So really I'm just asking for advice, especially with my career choice and university, as I'm really not sure which one would be best to take. Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest