The Student Room Group

Tips for getting laid in uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Going this september.

1. join a band and play gigs
2. join the softball club, or any mixed sex sport

probably don't do both of these things else your dick will fall off through overuse.
Reply 21
I did worse, I am going to be doing Engineering. I really like Engineering though, what course would you suggest? Not that I'd ever give Engineering up

Nursing or psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iWoof
Nursing or psychology

And business, the amount of women in the business course I was on was huge, most likely more women than men :eek:
Original post by tehFrance
And business, the amount of women in the business course I was on was huge, most likely more women than men :eek:

Was that advantageous for you? I hope you "got your fair share" because of this.
Getting laid at uni isn't easy tbh. The majority of girls who sleep around will do so will a small group of guys who are good at getting girls back to theirs.
1. be good looking
2. have charm and be confident when speaking the girls, this is actually more important than point 1
3. don't try chat up girls on the dancefloor you can't hear anything, better off trying to talk at the bar or even better in the smoking area
4. predrinks is an excellent place to start some groundwork on a girl, join some societies, if you want to get laid a society with some girls in it (but not all girls).
5. don't take rejection to heart, move onto the next girl simple as.
Original post by Horny Cabbage
Getting laid at uni isn't easy tbh. The majority of girls who sleep around will do so will a small group of guys who are good at getting girls back to theirs.
1. be good looking
2. have charm and be confident when speaking the girls, this is actually more important than point 1
3. don't try chat up girls on the dancefloor you can't hear anything, better off trying to talk at the bar or even better in the smoking area
4. predrinks is an excellent place to start some groundwork on a girl, join some societies, if you want to get laid a society with some girls in it (but not all girls).
5. don't take rejection to heart, move onto the next girl simple as.

Its really not that small a group, its probably 50% of guys.

The trick is to be one of these guys, not one of the creepy jealous guys desperately reading up on PUA.
Original post by cole-slaw

The trick is to be one of these guys, not one of the creepy jealous guys desperately reading up on PUA.

No way it's 50%, probably 10 or 20
If you talk to girls it will happen fairly regularly

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way it's 50%, probably 10 or 20

For freshers, maybe you're not far off, most 18 year olds are ****ing clueless so if there are a couple of guys with even mediocre social skills, they will seem incredibly suave and sophisticated by comparison.

However, I would go as far as to say that *most* guys, by the time they leave uni, should have figured out how to attract women on a regular basis. If you're in your 20s and you're still struggling, you're now definitely in the minority and you need to seek advice from somewhere.

much less than 50%, just for the simple fact that it's not easy to find at 1 night stand in a club, unless you are someone who matches the criteria I stated :smile:.
much less than 50%, just for the simple fact that it's not easy to find at 1 night stand in a club, unless you are someone who matches the criteria I stated :smile:.

A far higher percentage of students than 50% are socially competent enough to pull in the uni nightclub.

When I was a fresher, our course rep took us to the uni nightclub and said "if you can't pull in here, there is something wrong with you", and you know what, he was 100% right. The few people that couldn't pull did genuinely have social issues.

I don't like this habit on TSR of people attempting to reframe serious levels of social incompetence as some kind of normal attribute, because if you believe that ****, you lose all your social confidence and it soon becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ultimately, if you're a reasonably normal bloke and you make some kind of effort at all, you WILL pull.
A far higher percentage of students than 50% are socially competent enough to pull in the uni nightclub.

When I was a fresher, our course rep took us to the uni nightclub and said "if you can't pull in here, there is something wrong with you", and you know what, he was 100% right. The few people that couldn't pull did genuinely have social issues.

I don't like this habit on TSR of people attempting to reframe serious levels of social incompetence as some kind of normal attribute, because if you believe that ****, you lose all your social confidence and it soon becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ultimately, if you're a reasonably normal bloke and you make some kind of effort at all, you WILL pull.

Ye you can pull in terms of kissing them ofc, that's not hard, you can get with a girl without even having to say one word to her. I mean pulling in terms of getting them back to your place and having sex with them, that's a completely different game, girls are a lot more hesitant about it. I guess if you mean pull as in pull anything, with no standards maybe. But I mean in terms of who is shagging the 5/10's and higher
Ye you can pull in terms of kissing them ofc, that's not hard, you can get with a girl without even having to say one word to her. I mean pulling in terms of getting them back to your place and having sex with them, that's a completely different game, girls are a lot more hesitant about it. I guess if you mean pull as in pull anything, with no standards maybe. But I mean in terms of who is shagging the 5/10's and higher

That's what I meant by pulling.
One thing I can guarantee is the people who publicly ask for tips on how to get laid are the people who don't get laid.

Does it matter anyway? Stop treating people as pieces of meat and if sex happens, sex happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Going this september.

Be sociable from the start. Get to meet the girls, get a group of guys and girls together. Hit the bars and clubs together and know how to get back to yours like your life depends on it. Don't follow the others when they give into their gut and eat unhealthy kebabs when the night ends, have the goal of taking a girl back home.

Best advice yet? :wink:

* have lots of condoms under your pillow
(edited 9 years ago)
facial aesthetics = everything srs
For freshers, maybe you're not far off, most 18 year olds are ****ing clueless so if there are a couple of guys with even mediocre social skills, they will seem incredibly suave and sophisticated by comparison.

However, I would go as far as to say that *most* guys, by the time they leave uni, should have figured out how to attract women on a regular basis. If you're in your 20s and you're still struggling, you're now definitely in the minority and you need to seek advice from somewhere.

True, if your in your 20s and you go to a student event you can wipe out the other male 18 yr old 'competition '
Original post by The Politisphere
One thing I can guarantee is the people who publicly ask for tips on how to get laid are the people who don't get laid.

Does it matter anyway? Stop treating people as pieces of meat and if sex happens, sex happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

You guarantee that? That's so mean
That's what I meant by pulling.

Then again i'll say that's it's not that simple. In terms of getting an average looking girl back to your place to have sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending