The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stalin
'Ridiculous' - but as soon as qua intervened the system has become possible?

What's even more ridiculous is that in your original post you said it wouldn't work because OX and Sanchez don't make runs behind, but in response to qua it could work if Arsenal get a good DM.

Aren't you capable of thinking for yourself?

Also, note that I left the DM position empty:

Wilshere DM
OX Ramsey Sanchez
Ozil

As qua rightly said, the space left by Ozil would be occupied by the OX, Sanchez, Ramsey, and even Wilshere, whilst the DM, whoever he may be, will sit and protect the defence.

Replace the OX with Walcott when he's fit and this system has just become better - to claim that it is ridiculous, even without Walcott, is downright stupid.

She said in a 4-3-3 it's possible. In your formation you're using a 4-2-3-1. Which is why I don't think it's possible, as in a 4-2-3-1 there are not enough people making forward runs, Wilshere e.g. is more restricted in that 4-2-3-1 you're using. So it's going to be harder to make runs from deep. Which is essentially what the false 9 relies on. The inside forwards and the CMs pushing higher up for the false 9 to pick out when the CBs are out of position trying to track the striker. Also, the wingers aren't in as advanced positions in the 4-2-3-1. If you're using an attacking 4-3-3(so you're using proper wingers), that system would leave loads of space in between your midfield and your defence. A few quick passes and then your defence is exposed like it was for all those top 4 away games last season.

I also said that it would not work against the bigger teams, but it's good enough to sort out the fodder in the league. All I'm saying is that if you try that against Chelsea the aggregate scoreline would be in double figures in Chelsea's favour.

You're picking and choosing what I said. It's like me putting on a false 9 formation for Chelsea with Hazard or Fabregas up top, it would theoretically work, could try it against smaller teams but it's not really a viable tactic to be using for every game.

I also disagree on whether Sanchez and Chamberlain are the right people for it. Walcott obviously fits the system like a charm
Original post by B-Stacks
You change your opinion with the wind. So many contradictory statements. That's not what you said couple weeks ago when I said I preferred Pedro for Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quote the contradictary statements. It may seem like a contradiction but I'll explain myself properly if you give me the contradicting statements.

I remember saying that Sanchez is a better dribbler than Pedro and a better footballer. Also the world cup has made me see a different side to Sanchez. Pedro to me is a space player, which I think after the debacle that two injuries caused it's probably worth you buying an extra space player like Pedro than another creator.

I remember you saying that Pedro was the better dribbler and that Sanchez uses space better, when qua said the opposite. I remember when Pedro used to be a very good dribbler(and he still is) but you don't really see him making the type of dribbles that Neymar, Messi or Sanchez do anymore.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Yup. Lol just look at the way people talk about Ozil now smh. I don't remember this amount of getting unto him when he had bad games at Real. I know if we signed Khedira people will stop rating him. The general thing is we have ruined Özil apparently..

People have stopped rating Khedira about a season ago...

He's not even the type of midfielder you need anyway. That reminds me though, how has Lass Diarra been doing? I liked him a lot, he generally had a good game against Barca, don't get why he was sold by Real either.
Sanchezzzzzzzzzz, we got him

(edited 9 years ago)
qua also said with walcott our conversation was talking about playing it without walcott so jam isn't even backtracking :rolleyes:
Reply 184
Original post by baconbutty
qua also said with walcott our conversation was talking about playing it without walcott so jam isn't even backtracking :rolleyes:

I said preferably Walcott, as he would probably provide more scoring threat than AOC. I think it could work with either though.

Main point is that even if Özil's role looks to be a false 9 on paper, it would in reality be that of an advanced roaming midfielder who drops deeper to between wingers and midfield (which is why I said before that I can also see a 4312 working). Think that'd be good to make space for Alexis in the middle, who needs it to be dangerous in front of the goal. Just like Martino played Cesc/Alexis without Messi.

Original post by B-Stacks
I know, I'm quite shocked. Man was adamant on Sanchez being better couple weeks ago and now it's a different story. But it's ok, we understand he is a "fan of football" before being a Chelsea fan lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, I think it was me who argued against your post about Pedro/Alexis. A couple of others too, don't remember jam doing it.
(edited 9 years ago)
i hope wenger tries it the further away we get ozil from our goal the better maybe we'll stop gettin countered from his **** passes

id be willing to bet in the thousands that our attack would be ****ter than last season if we tried it without walcott if anyones interested though
(edited 9 years ago)
We got Sanchez!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mother****ing sanchezz
Original post by baconbutty
i hope wenger tries it the further away we get ozil from our goal the better maybe we'll stop gettin countered from his **** passes

id be willing to bet in the thousands that our attack would be ****ter than last season if we tried it without walcott if anyones interested though

So Sanchez has only gone and signed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
I just can't accept that Sanchez is now an Arsenal player. This **** doesn't seem real

Hopefully we get Debuchy next then look out for a backup GK/holding midfielder and we're set
lmao Sanchez is ****
Reply 191
Very pleased with Sanchez ! Now on wenger get the DM in next pls
Original post by qwerty_mad
So Sanchez has only gone and signed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully he can go some way to fillin the void of the mighty theo whilst hes out injured
Original post by jam278
She said in a 4-3-3 it's possible. In your formation you're using a 4-2-3-1. Which is why I don't think it's possible, as in a 4-2-3-1 there are not enough people making forward runs, Wilshere e.g. is more restricted in that 4-2-3-1 you're using. So it's going to be harder to make runs from deep. Which is essentially what the false 9 relies on. The inside forwards and the CMs pushing higher up for the false 9 to pick out when the CBs are out of position trying to track the striker. Also, the wingers aren't in as advanced positions in the 4-2-3-1. If you're using an attacking 4-3-3(so you're using proper wingers), that system would leave loads of space in between your midfield and your defence. A few quick passes and then your defence is exposed like it was for all those top 4 away games last season.

I also said that it would not work against the bigger teams, but it's good enough to sort out the fodder in the league. All I'm saying is that if you try that against Chelsea the aggregate scoreline would be in double figures in Chelsea's favour.

You're picking and choosing what I said. It's like me putting on a false 9 formation for Chelsea with Hazard or Fabregas up top, it would theoretically work, could try it against smaller teams but it's not really a viable tactic to be using for every game.

I also disagree on whether Sanchez and Chamberlain are the right people for it. Walcott obviously fits the system like a charm
Quote the contradictary statements. It may seem like a contradiction but I'll explain myself properly if you give me the contradicting statements.

I remember saying that Sanchez is a better dribbler than Pedro and a better footballer. Also the world cup has made me see a different side to Sanchez. Pedro to me is a space player, which I think after the debacle that two injuries caused it's probably worth you buying an extra space player like Pedro than another creator.

I remember you saying that Pedro was the better dribbler and that Sanchez uses space better, when qua said the opposite. I remember when Pedro used to be a very good dribbler(and he still is) but you don't really see him making the type of dribbles that Neymar, Messi or Sanchez do anymore.

...and how exactly do you fit a false 9 in a 4-2-3-1?
Original post by little_tom

In the 1.

:smile:
Original post by manchesterunited15
lmao Sanchez is ****

**** off Man Utd :lol:.
Original post by AR_95
I just can't accept that Sanchez is now an Arsenal player. This **** doesn't seem real

Hopefully we get Debuchy next then look out for a backup GK/holding midfielder and we're set

reign it in bud we've signed alexis sanchez not messi i can easily believe it and i expect more players of this calibre in this window

the lad had a choice between liverpool and arsenal ur actin like we've just put a man on mars
Original post by little_tom

You can't really. It doesn't work because the space the false 9 goes into is the same space that the no.10 is in, which essentially defeats the point of the formation.
Original post by Kruz
**** off Man Utd :lol:.

One thing I agree with you guys is that United actually need Sanchez more than Arsenal. They just lack any pace or any creativity on their wings and half of their wingers last season were no.10s playing out of position.
Original post by jam278
You can't really. It doesn't work because the space the false 9 goes into is the same space that the no.10 is in, which essentially defeats the point of the formation.

yes but I didn't see anyone on here talking about a false 9 in a 4-2-3-1

Latest