The Student Room Group

if a girl puts you in the friendzone, does she dislike you?

most girls care about personality a lot - it's the most important factor in the choosing of their lovers.
Therefore, when you get put into the friendzone, does it mean that she dislikes your personality? If so, why do girls suggest a friendships in this scenario?

Move to relationships if this is unsuitable for chat, mods. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

No it means I like you only as a friend, your personality may be fabby but there are other things as well that I am looking for as well as an awesome personality
It's not just personality that contributes to love. Other things too. Cba to list.
Original post by dire wolf
most girls care about personality a lot - it's the most important factor in the choosing of their lovers.
Therefore, when you get put into the friendzone, does it mean that she dislikes your personality? If so, why do girls suggest a friendships in this scenario?

All the girls I know choose their boyfriend based on his looks alone. They could not care less for his personality. In fact, they don't care if he can't speak because they just want to look good being in his company.
It is not true that girls like "personality". They like fit bad boys. While you are worrying about your A2 grades they are banging some juvenile delinquent.
means you're ugly.
Original post by Old_Simon
It is not true that girls like "personality". They like fit bad boys. While you are worrying about your A2 grades they are banging some juvenile delinquent.

Don't be ridiculous: most girls are too worried about their own A2 grades to be having intercourse with anyone.
Original post by MidnightDream
No it means I like you only as a friend, your personality may be fabby but there are other things as well that I am looking for as well as an awesome personality

I assume that you're going to say 'face'?
I assume that you're going to say 'face'?

You know me so well
I have guy friends I wouldn't want to spend to much time with, like if they were a girl I wouldn't want to go out with them. Friends can be annoying :tongue:

Could be like that. Could also be she finds you unattractive. I dunno, I'm not a girl, also not an expert on relationships so my thoughts on the matter are about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.
Original post by MidnightDream
You know me so well

i was led to believe that 'You know when, sometimes you meet someone so beautiful, and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later, they’re as dull as a brick? Then there’s other people, and you meet them and you think, ‘Not bad; they’re okay.’ And then you get to know them, and their face sort of becomes them, like their personality is written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful. X's the most beautiful man I’ve ever met.' is how it works, and you're telling me it's not?
It seems to me that a lot of girls subscribe to the "love at first sight" garbage perpetuated by hollywood, and are less likely to try casually dating someone than a guy would be. If you fall into the friendzone it means that they're still busy looking for a 'spark'.
Original post by Architecture-er
It seems to me that a lot of girls subscribe to the "love at first sight" garbage perpetuated by hollywood, and are less likely to try casually dating someone than a guy would be. If you fall into the friendzone it means that they're still busy looking for a 'spark'.

so basically, "your face is not good enough - try again in 5 yrs"??
lol @ naive op, looks, money, status is everything to women, they are more shallow than guys because they can be (when young)
(edited 9 years ago)
In real life, it's more similar to this ->
i was led to believe that 'You know when, sometimes you meet someone so beautiful, and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later, they’re as dull as a brick? Then there’s other people, and you meet them and you think, ‘Not bad; they’re okay.’ And then you get to know them, and their face sort of becomes them, like their personality is written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful. X's the most beautiful man I’ve ever met.'

Original post by Greg Jackson
lol @ naive op, looks, money, status is everything to women
No, it simply means she doesn't want to sit on your dick. At least not yet.
She's putting you on the shelf for now, but may re-consider if you mature like a fine wine.
Reply 17
It means you are a lamp or any common household inanimate object for example. You are useful and needed at times but you're not loved or truly cared for like a coffee machine or the television.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tend to choose friends quite similar to myself - whereas I subscribe to the opposites attract scenario for my boyfriends. If I don't see someone as anything more than a friend it generally means that they're too similar to myself for me to see them as anything else.
i ain't a feminist or any **** like that, but please stop with the friendzone idea.

she doesn't like you the same way you liked her.

you ain't friends now, be honest with yourself.

pick yourself up, go to a club, join okcupid, inbox some people on facebook, just move on.

stop limiting yourself by spouting about the 'friendzone'.

Quick Reply

Latest