The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Just had my shower, upper chest covered in little red spots. Must have burst a load of capillaries straining for the deadlift.
Ffs you can almost pull triple my weight you beast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by illusionz
Just had my shower, upper chest covered in little red spots. Must have burst a load of capillaries straining for the deadlift.

I pop the blood vessels on my eyelids and brows
The faces I must pull :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
****ing ridiculous deadlifting mate.
Bench
20x10
40x8
50x5
60x3
70x2
82.5 3x5, 4+it's all you PB
80x5

That's 3x5 smashed, so close to 4x5. Either go for 5x5 or 85kg next time.

DB incline press
28s 3x8 PB because not attempted before, could get 30s easy fresh. Will see how they go next time.

Wide grip pulldowns (didn't row as bar in use)
55x7
72x5
64 3x8

Snatch grip deadlifts
60x5
100x3, 5 Grip failed after 3 so strapped up after. The wide grip is soooo much harder.
120x5
130x5

Seeing what I could do. Lower back handled itself pretty well given the heavy conventional DLs I threw at it thursday

Dips +16kg 3x6

Hammer incline curls
16x7
14x8, 6
12x8

Home time. Good session.
Awesome benching

For snatch grip DLs look at my blog for hand spacing, it'll be on the last page or so from Appeal to reason

Also do hook grip or use your straps... Up to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Awesome benching

For snatch grip DLs look at my blog for hand spacing, it'll be on the last page or so from Appeal to reason

Also do hook grip or use your straps... Up to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

cba with hook grip. It hurts and I'm never going to do oly lifting :tongue:
[video="youtube;Ed3-eqYMBR0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3-eqYMBR0[/video]

Snatch DL form. Think it looks ok. Especially as had already done a fair bit of volume before.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, no point worrying about getting snatch grip right or using hook grip if you have straps and are never going to snatch! :tongue:

Very strong SnDL, though. GJ mate.
Major lats doms last 2 days. Perhaps I should incorporate wide grip pulldowns/snatch DLs more often. Think it was probably the wide grip pulldowns which did it though.
Remembered to weigh myself this morning before food/drink. 195 lbs.

Wow.
Remembered to weigh myself this morning before food/drink. 195 lbs.

Wow.

Lol power belly soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Lol power belly soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can still see the outline of my bottom 2 ribs without tensing stomach. :biggrin:

Deffo got fat to lose but not quite at the dreamer bulk belly of peace stage yet.
Can still see the outline of my bottom 2 ribs without tensing stomach. :biggrin:

Deffo got fat to lose but not quite at the dreamer bulk belly of peace stage yet.

dreamer bulk belly of peace checking in
crap session. Not enough food last couple of days after big night out saturday. Likely the reason.

DB Press
28 3x5, 3+f
26 x 5, 4
Worse than last time

DL
185x3, 2
Crap. Just wasn't feeling it. Could have grinded out another rep both sets tbh but didn't.

Row
75 3x5
80 3x5
Improvement on previous 2 exercises

Dips
+16kg 7, 8, 7, 6, 3 (lol)
BW x 8

Hammer incline curls
14kg x 10, 10, 8, 6
Sloooow negatives. These killed my biceps.

Saw the football score on the way out. 5-0 germany wtf.
Paused Bench
20x10
40x10
50x5
60x4
70x3

TnG Bench
85 x 5, 5, 4+it's all you
82.5 x 5, 4+it's all you

PB

Incline DB Press
30x5
28x8
30x5
28x8
PB in that never attempted 30s on incline before.

Squats for the first time in like 2 months (if not more). Previous best was 130 5x5
Did 130x5
140x3 PB with ease. Hurt my calf unracking it so stopped lol. Good to see I've not really lost any leg strength on squats by only deadlifting.
Disclaimer for those new to my blog, I have to squat on the smith machine so not as impressive as a free squat.

BB Rows
85 3x5, 4+f PB
80x5

Shrugs
90 2x8
110 3x8
PB

Dips + 16kg
7, 7, 5
BW
All sets were to failure

Incline DB Hammer curls
16x8, 8
14x 8, 8

Very good session today. Pleased. Time to eat a ****load of food now.

Think I've stolen cucumber's gains now he's injured. Your spirit lives on brah
(edited 9 years ago)
Was you expecting to have such strength in the squat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Was you expecting to have such strength in the squat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had no idea what to expect. Just did it to see where I am at squat wise. I stopped doing them because they were hurting my knees (have to do it on smith machine you see). Not going to do them regularly but nice to see deadlifts alone are keeping my quads strong. tbh my form was better (less use of lower back) than before so I've perhaps gotten stronger.

Also, just measured left arm (admittedly with a pump), but 16 inches. GAINS.
I had no idea what to expect. Just did it to see where I am at squat wise. I stopped doing them because they were hurting my knees (have to do it on smith machine you see). Not going to do them regularly but nice to see deadlifts alone are keeping my quads strong. tbh my form was better (less use of lower back) than before so I've perhaps gotten stronger.

fatceps of peace

Skips leg day... makes all kind of gainz. Jelly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest