The Student Room Group

How many of the 64 films in TSR's Movie Madness Comp have you seen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flauta
Seen 44, don't really watch that many movies tbh.

44 but you don't watch many? That's a decent number!

You voted in the accompanying polls as well?
Imo, Full Metal Jacket should be in the Wartime section. Love that film, love Stanley Kubrick.
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Imo, Full Metal Jacket should be in the Wartime section. Love that film, love Stanley Kubrick.

We have several other Kubrick films in though!
Original post by Motorbiker
Now that is dedication to the cause that will not be retrieved through my lacklustre offering of a cup of tea. I may even have to break the bank of a pack of hobnobs.

Coffee please, black!
They were only like £1 each and are movies I ought to have seen already.
In fact I watched Casablanca tonight - wasn't that impressed really. Sure, it was good, but it's always been so hyped up as the best movie ever and it didn't live up to that for me. I voted for eternal sunshine in that round and I stick by it - it's a much better love story.
We have several other Kubrick films in though!

I noticed haha:tongue:...FMJ is my personal top 15 or so, so it has a home there
Original post by jenhasdreams
Coffee please, black!
In fact I watched Casablanca tonight - wasn't that impressed really. Sure, it was good, but it's always been so hyped up as the best movie ever and it didn't live up to that for me. I voted for eternal sunshine in that round and I stick by it - it's a much better love story.

Busy graduating tomorrow but monday for sure!

Good choice. Think i voted Casablanca there but i didn't feel greatly either way.
Original post by Frank the Tankk

I think Kubrick is the most represented director in the competition (just ahead of Nolan), although I think most will be knocked out early.

FMJ, at #84 on the IMDb list, was always likely to be borderline.
31, not too shabby.
Coffee please, black!

So often the problem when you watch a much-loved and hyped up (by everyone else) 'best movie ever' type film.
5 :eek: and of those 5 I can barely remember a few of them. Need to catch up!
No Woody Allen in the comedy section?

On another note... does anyone else feel bad about not seeing many of these 'great' films?

Yet i just can't bring myself to watch Schindler's list for some reason :s
How shocking... only 14... I have wanted to see some of them for a while and I know all of them, just haven't got them yet.
Ive seen 27. Which is not bad considering i anticipated it to be lot less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
29. American History X is one of my favorites. (The Lord of the Rings trilogy is my all-time favorite though)
Original post by physicso
No Woody Allen in the comedy section?

As prolific as Allen is, he hardly has anything on the IMDb 250 list. Annie Hall, which I like, is #170 and appears to be one of the highest rated.
Yea, this list is part of our Movie Madness competititon.

You're in the sub-forum for it right now.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1048

(Guessing everyone came in through popular discussions though)

Django unchained OR Shchindlers list?

:wink:

What would you say your top 10 are? (all films) :smile:
Original post by hellodave5

Personally? I'm a weird guy and am a giant Will Smith and love independence day even though it's stupid.

Also love butterfly effect as well. Those are my top two personally probably. I know they're not 'good films' but I enjoy them.

No idea on the test right now. You?
Original post by hellodave5

I know you didn't ask me, but I'm awake so why not!
I stuck to the IMDB top 250 only otherwise I'd be here all day :smile:

The Lives Of Others
Life Is Beautiful
The Pianist
Inglorious Basterds
Downfall
Back To The Future
The Big Lebowski
Into The Wild
The Prestige
There Will Be Blood

Either because they were just such incredibly well made, moving, thoughtful, or beautiful films - or just brilliantly entertaining! And yes I do have a bit of a fascination with WWII - couldn't pick both The Pianist and Schindlers List though!
I know you didn't ask me, but I'm awake so why not!
I stuck to the IMDB top 250 only otherwise I'd be here all day :smile:

The Lives Of Others
Life Is Beautiful
The Pianist
Inglorious Basterds
Downfall
Back To The Future
The Big Lebowski
Into The Wild
The Prestige
There Will Be Blood

Either because they were just such incredibly well made, moving, thoughtful, or beautiful films - or just brilliantly entertaining! And yes I do have a bit of a fascination with WWII - couldn't pick both The Pianist and Schindlers List though!

I've no idea what my top 10 is, I'd struggle to agree a top 100, but those three would certainly be contenders in my 'top something'.
Personally? I'm a weird guy and am a giant Will Smith and love independence day even though it's stupid.

Also love butterfly effect as well. Those are my top two personally probably. I know they're not 'good films' but I enjoy them.

No idea on the test right now. You?

Ah, a bit of a man crush? lol
To be fair, his stuff is pretty good. Sort of brings his personality to all his things which makes it a feel good thing to watch.
I have to admit I both like and hate the butterfly effect... its just so, outright depressing! rather hyperbole too, but I sort of like that about it.

If I had to choose 2, it would probably be The Dark Knight... something I can watch countless times, and probably the first star wars just because I loved it so much as a kid and its still awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending