The Student Room Group

Why am i still not over him after 3 years?

It's been a solid 3 years since I even spoke to him! And I find that at times i still miss him and think about him, like for example if I hear his name or something that reminds of him is mentioned.He doesn't dominate my thoughts all the time like before, it's better now but still. How will I get over this? Worst thing is that he never relaly even mine. We used to talk a lot. We could've been together but admittedly he was a bit of a jerk but i think i wasn't fair enough with him either... i think maybe i just need to talk to him to get some closure? What do u think?
Reply 1
Original post by AStudent321
It's been a solid 3 years since I even spoke to him! And I find that at times i still miss him and think about him, like for example if I hear his name or something that reminds of him is mentioned.He doesn't dominate my thoughts all the time like before, it's better now but still. How will I get over this? Worst thing is that he never relaly even mine. We used to talk a lot. We could've been together but admittedly he was a bit of a jerk but i think i wasn't fair enough with him either... i think maybe i just need to talk to him to get some closure? What do u think?

You need to get with some other people and realise you're being silly.
Reply 2
I think I realise that... I'm on this new religious thing so i don't really want to get close again to any other guy, plus I have intimacy issues when it comes to relationships. Not to mention I did have a huge crush on someone else for a few months but I don't like they guy anymore bcos he turned out to be an even worse jerk and I found that when i wasn't around him for too long i would easily forget about him.
I just can't get over this guy that i haven't spoke to in 3 years. I think it's maybe because there was know real closure, i sort of ended whatever we had over whatsapp.... it was like we were together though... even he felt it... as i've been told.
Original post by Ronove
You need to get with some other people and realise you're being silly.
Reply 3
*no real closure - excuse my poor spelling and grammer
Reply 4
I think I realise that... I'm on this new religious thing so i don't really want to get close again to any other guy, plus I have intimacy issues when it comes to relationships. Not to mention I did have a huge crush on someone else for a few months but I don't like they guy anymore bcos he turned out to be an even worse jerk and I found that when i wasn't around him for too long i would easily forget about him.
I just can't get over this guy that i haven't spoke to in 3 years. I think it's maybe because there was know real closure, i sort of ended whatever we had over whatsapp.... it was like we were together though... even he felt it... as i've been told.

It really doesn't matter. When you eventually get close to someone else it will eclipse anything you think you felt for this guy. It's your choice to postpone that for religious reasons, remember that. You may feel the need to obsess over this person from three years ago until you get some more experience with other people.
Reply 5
Okay, thanks for that
Original post by Ronove
It really doesn't matter. When you eventually get close to someone else it will eclipse anything you think you felt for this guy. It's your choice to postpone that for religious reasons, remember that. You may feel the need to obsess over this person from three years ago until you get some more experience with other people.
Okay, thanks for that

I understand ur feelings, what religion are you
Reply 7
Aww thanks FeelGood, I am a Muslim, my religion is Islam.
Original post by Feelgood123
I understand ur feelings, what religion are you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending