The Student Room Group

Why can I feel my tampon??

So I finally managed to put in a tampon :biggrin: it wasn't as bad as expected. But everyone says that you shouldn't feel it and I can kinda feel it :O I cant feel anything inside of me and it isn't hurting or uncomfortable but I can feel something at my vagina- is this just the string- when you wear tampons should you at least feel like something is there or should you feel nothing at all ??

Also when I push, like doing a poo, I can kinda feel it. im scared if I push harder it will come out :O lol Is this possible??

Thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I finally managed to put in a tampon :biggrin: it wasn't as bad as expected. But everyone says that you shouldn't feel it and I can kinda feel it :O I cant feel anything inside of me and it isn't hurting or uncomfortable but I can feel something at my vagina- is this just the string- when you wear tampons should you at least feel like something is there or should you feel nothing at all ??

Also when I push, like doing a poo, I can kinda feel it. im scared if I push harder it will come out :O lol Is this possible??

Thanks x

Lol, you can't be serious.
I only feel it if I haven't pushed it far enough in, so maybe you could push it in further. And again I only feel it when I push if its not in far enough or it needs to be changed
Yo, yes if you haven't push it up far enough then you can feel something. You can also feel the string sometimes if it touches the outer parts of your vagina. Usually you can ignore that feeling/ over time you don't notice it.

And I don't think it will come out if you push it up far enough- however, as a precaution perhaps carry a spare one any time you need to have a bowel movement.
Reply 4
Have you put it in the right place..?
Reply 5
Make sure it's in the right hole. The vaginal opening is the hole closest to the back. If you're sure you want to use tampons then you need to make sure that you change them every 3-4 hours, and always sleep with a sanitary towel on unless you're willing to wake up at night and change your tampon.
Either it's in the wrong place or not inserted properly/far enough... Or both.. Take it out and try again with another one
Original post by Petulia
Make sure it's in the right hole. The vaginal opening is the hole closest to the back. If you're sure you want to use tampons then you need to make sure that you change them every 3-4 hours, and always sleep with a sanitary towel on unless you're willing to wake up at night and change your tampon.

Hmm I think it would be quite difficult to put it in the wrong 'hole'.
Original post by Novascope
Lol, you can't be serious.

Yes she can.
I'm pretty sure it's just not pushed in far enough, as opposed to being in the wrong hole lmao
Original post by Add!ction
Hmm I think it would be quite difficult to put it in the wrong 'hole'.

I don't know ass holes and vaginas are quite close together haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robrob9595
I don't know ass holes and vaginas are quite close together haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure you'd be able to tell if it was in the wrong place.

Anyway OP, it's probably not up far enough, so you could try that, or just use a new one? You can't feel it if you do it properly, otherwise it's really uncomfortable. :lol:
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks x

It's either not in far enough or the string is sitting awkwardly. I always make sure the string is between my bum cheeks, otherwise it's incredibly uncomfortable.
Reply 13
Would anyone actually mind explaining in full detail how to put one in? :colondollar:

Sorry to derail the thread abit but I'm too embarrassed to make a thread about it. :colondollar: :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by katbob
Would anyone actually mind explaining in full detail how to put one in? :colondollar:

Sorry to derail the thread abit but I'm too embarrassed to make a thread about it. :colondollar: :colondollar:

There are instructions in the pack (at least if it's Tampax, not sure about anything else). It's often easiest to start with the ones with an applicator. I find it much more convenient and comfortable to use the ones without now though.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you haven't put anything that wide up there before, as it seems to suggest when you say "I finally managed to put in a tampon", you can certainly expect to feel it at first. Same with anything, a nose or lip piercing will be the same but eventually you will start to just not notice it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Ronove
There are instructions in the pack (at least if it's Tampax, not sure about anything else). It's often easiest to start with the ones with an applicator. I find it much more convenient and comfortable to use the ones without now though.

What's an applicator exactly… is it the string? And how can you tell the difference between them when you're buying them?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katbob
What's an applicator exactly… is it the string? And how can you tell the difference between them when you're buying them?

The applicator is what I call the rocket, it's the plastic bit that encases the tampon. You launch that rocket up into your vagina (I find a countdown helps) and then pull it out leaving the actual tampon inside and the string dangling.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by scrotgrot
The applicator is what I call the rocket, it's the plastic bit that encases the tampon. You launch that rocket up into your vagina (I find a countdown helps) and then pull it out leaving the actual tampon inside and the string dangling.

Ahh okay thanks! That explains a lot :smile: why do you need a countdown.. Does it hurt every time? :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by katbob

The applicator is a tube of either card or plastic that has the tampon sort of at the bottom in another tube (works a bit like a telescope) - you insert the applicator (it's designed to go in easily) and then when you feel like it's in far enough you push the second tube up into the applicator so the tampon gets put inside your vagina, and then you can pull the applicator (with the second tube sitting inside it now) out and flush it or throw it away depending on the material.

It's obvious on the packet - they'll either say 'with applicator' or they won't. A tampon without an applicator is simply a cylinder with a string (often with lines of some kind on the outside) whereas the picture of one with applicator is slightly more complicated (it has more parts) and should be smooth.

You may want to start with the smallest ones possible (weakest flow) because they're tiny, and try not to worry about it being difficult if you're practising while not bleeding or not bleeding a lot - the drier you are, the more you can feel the friction of it going in. You will find it a whole lot more resistant to being pulled out again if it's not relatively wet when you try to take it out - don't worry about it, it will always come out with a decent tug. You probably won't feel like putting another one up there too soon if you pull one out dry for whatever reason though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest