The Student Room Group

I just made a sandwich so good I had to get my mum to try it, ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SophieSmall
I actually quite like reggae reggae sauce :tongue:

The sandwich consisted of half toasts bread (so it was both crunchy and chewy). A fried steak slice seasoned with chilli powder and salt, a fried egg fried on both sides, BBQ sauce now I'm usually a HP girl but we had heinz in, mixed salad leaves and a dash of salad cream.

DAAAAAYYYUUUM gurl :wink: sounds like you killed it! Will have to go get me some :smile: danke 4 the recipe!

p.s i love reggae reggae sauce :redface: yum
Original post by Alfissti
What type of bread did you use and where did it come from?

Unfortunately we only had white Warburton's bread in, I would have liked some kind of malted bread but you win some and lose some.
I could master making sandwiches with my elbows.

Hands were made for a reason. Wouldn't taste the same.

Plus, who's gonna be cleaning the mess up after you?

The sandwich consisted of half toasts bread (so it was both crunchy and chewy). A fried steak slice seasoned with chilli powder and salt, a fried egg fried on both sides, BBQ sauce now I'm usually a HP girl but we had heinz in, mixed salad leaves and a dash of salad cream.

I failed making a chicken sandwich the other day. Forgot the chicken. :colondollar:
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
Were you really hungry when you ate the sandwich?

I was reasonably hungry but I have been hungrier.
Original post by Lulu24
DAAAAAYYYUUUM gurl :wink: sounds like you killed it! Will have to go get me some :smile: danke 4 the recipe!

p.s i love reggae reggae sauce :redface: yum

You are very welcome, I would actually like to see how nice is is with the bbq sauce substituted for reggae reggae :biggrin:
Original post by TSA
I failed making a chicken sandwich the other day. Forgot the chicken. :colondollar:

Phaha, don't worry I believe in you. You can make a chicken sandwich, you just need to practise!
Original post by yellowcopter
That actually does sound f***ing delicious.

It was. :colone:

What are you doing giving away your secret ingredient! Where's your entrepreneurial spirit!
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Hands were made for a reason. Wouldn't taste the same.

Plus, who's gonna be cleaning the mess up after you?

You are....right :frown:
Phaha, don't worry I believe in you. You can make a chicken sandwich, you just need to practise!

In my defence I'd just woken up from a nap and was still pretty groggy.

Any top tips on how to make better sandwiches?
Original post by Unholyjebus
What are you doing giving away your secret ingredient! Where's your entrepreneurial spirit!

I believe in free sandwiches. It is my dearest political stance.
You are....right :frown:

Yeah, I know. It's almost sad. Almost.
Original post by TSA
In my defence I'd just woken up from a nap and was still pretty groggy.

Any top tips on how to make better sandwiches?

I'll let you off then :tongue:

Hmm..I'd say experimentation. Some of my nicest sandwich creations have come from the land of crazy but damn they were tasty.
Yeah, I know. It's almost sad. Almost.

What are you heartless? HEARTLESS I ASK? :frown:
What are you heartless? HEARTLESS I ASK? :frown:

Yes I am.

Now what?
Unfortunately we only had white Warburton's bread in, I would have liked some kind of malted bread but you win some and lose some.

It's always best to make the best of what you have rather than what you wished you had when it comes to the kitchen :smile:
I believe in free sandwiches. It is my dearest political stance.

Sandwich Commy :wink:
Yes I am.

Now what?

I do not know how to proceed.
Original post by Alfissti
It's always best to make the best of what you have rather than what you wished you had when it comes to the kitchen :smile:

Yes that is true, and not just for the kitchen either! It' just a good outlook to have on life.

Quick Reply

Latest