The Student Room Group

I am an ex Muslim. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lala121
So do you like pretend to be a muslim? Like pray? Fast?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't prayed or fasted for a year and a bit now. My mum is a bit upset as a result.
Original post by ExMus
We become an inanimate pile of bones and flesh and stuff.

Then what is now your belief about the purpose of life?
Original post by Infinity_4652
can you give some examples? :biggrin:

the bit of Islam I find most disgusting is where men who will enter heaven get 72 virgins to have sex with

Aisha's marriage being consummated when she was 9;
Slavery;
Jihad;
Misogyny.

Just a few. :biggrin:
Original post by Student296
Then what is now your belief about the purpose of life?

To make myself happy and those around me happy, especially those I love. By the way, let's not assume the universe owes us a purpose. :P
Reply 24
Have you tried pork/bacon and so on?
Original post by Rosie786
Have you tried pork/bacon and so on?

Yes. Didn't like it.:colondollar: I am going to give it another try when i get the chance.
Original post by ExMus
I haven't prayed or fasted for a year and a bit now. My mum is a bit upset as a result.

How do you feel about you mother being upset? Has she talked to you? I understand that its your decision, some may respect it, but still they may have a hard time with it....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExMus
To make myself happy and those around me happy, especially those I love. By the way, let's not assume the universe owes us a purpose. :P

What about the people that are burdened with illness and life thratening diseases, who are not happy at all with their life? Why should they suffer everyday only to turn into "an inanimate pile of bones and flesh and stuff"?
Do you ever regret leaving Islam? Are there are any aspects of the religion that you miss?
Original post by lala121
How do you feel about you mother being upset? Has she talked to you? I understand that its your decision, some may respect it, but still they may have a hard time with it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally find it really hard to imagine raising a child and seeing them go against what I taught after years of raising of them. It makes me sort of sad and I feel upset for her as a result. She has talked to me and I tell her it is my choice .
(edited 9 years ago)
can you give some examples? :biggrin:

the bit of Islam I find most disgusting is where men who will enter heaven get 72 virgins to have sex with

Dont worry thats a huge made up thing not even true haha
Original post by themorninglight
Do you ever regret leaving Islam? Are there are any aspects of the religion that you miss?

No, not really. I feel it is the best decision I made in my life. I guess I miss praying alone and being really calm, being with my thoughts and reflecting upon myself.
What do you think of Jesus? Did he exist? What did he teach?
Original post by ExMus
Aisha's marriage being consummated when she was 9;
Slavery;
Jihad;
Misogyny.

Just a few. :biggrin:

Hmm those 4 are interesting reasons, mind elaborating on atleast the last 3...? The 1st one is because of modern attitude but previously girls got married at even younger ages.
Original post by ExMus
I lost faith in Allah a year ago. Feel free to ask mostly anything and i probably will answer all of them.
If your family now knows you're an "Ex-Muslim" and you die anytime, then what are they planning to do read your Janazah and bury you or what? have you thought of that? what have you told them to do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SyedAreYouDumb
Hmm those 4 are interesting reasons, mind elaborating on atleast the last 3...? The 1st one is because of modern attitude but previously girls got married at even younger ages.

What's your point?

Nah, bro. I'm not bothered to argue or discuss right now. I spent hours upon hours debating this with my friends and such and I've gotten to the point where I just cannot discuss stuff about this without someone trying to argue which inevitably will happen in TSR. Not healthy for me. Sorry.
Original post by RoyalBlue7
What do you think of Jesus? Did he exist? What did he teach?

I don't know much about him unfortunately. Sorry. :colondollar:
Original post by Ankabout
How old are you?

How do you get along with your parents (assuming that they're Muslim)?

Are you going to answer my questions ^^^ or do you pass?

What made you make this thread? I notice that that you're new. Bored? Frustrated about Islam? Needed to "come out" anonymously?

where does it say in the Qur'an?
Reply 39
Original post by ExMus
Yes. Didn't like it.:colondollar: I am going to give it another try when i get the chance. ������

What are your thoughts on sex after marriage? And polygamy?

Quick Reply

Latest