The Student Room Group

I am an ex Muslim. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExMus
What's your point?

Nah, bro. I'm not bothered to argue or discuss right now. I spent hours upon hours debating this with my friends and such and I've gotten to the point where I just cannot discuss stuff about this without someone trying to argue which inevitably will happen in TSR. Not healthy for me. Sorry.

This is a debate forum though.
I need to research more on it. But, from what i gather, i think it is the belief that god doesn't interfere with the universe; it encourages skepticism and scientific reasoning, especially given that it gained popularity during the enlightenment era.
I like it so far

I am conflicted about whether a God should interfere since for the sake of true free will, I don't believe a God should interfere ( i dont really think we have free will and are controlled by subconscious processes and i think we are merely witnesses of our thoughts).
Original post by Ankabout
How old are you?

How do you get along with your parents (assuming that they're Muslim)?

I am between 16 and 19 haha

And I get on with them quite well, especially my mum.
This is a debate forum though.

Is it? Where can i take this thread then?
Reply 44
Original post by ExMus
I am between 16 and 19 haha

And I get on with them quite well, especially my mum.

You've yet to answer my question on what the 6 pillars of faith are.

If you were really a Muslim before, I'm sure you'd have no problems answering this...
Original post by Rosie786
What are your thoughts on sex after marriage? And polygamy?

There isn't anything particularly wrong about having sex before marriage, given that you are safe, both parties consent and that you understand the possible consequence and know to prevent the negative ones.

Polygamy is okay if all parties involved agree with it, though I can't imagine myself being in a polygamous relationship. It is okay for a woman to have many sexual partners as it is for a man.
ExMus

Original post by mightyfrog2_10
If your family now knows you're an "Ex-Muslim" and you die anytime, then what are they planning to do read your Janazah and bury you or what? have you thought of that? what have you told them to do?

there's no need to ignore. You said 'ask me anything' and it's a serious question.
Original post by ExMus
Are you testing me? Hahahah. Mate, you're having a laugh.

I've never heard of the 6 pillars. Just the 5. :wink:

Shahadah, prayer, ramadan, zakaat and hajj

Ramadan is one of the five pillars eh?
If your family now knows you're an "Ex-Muslim" and you die anytime, then what are they planning to do read your Janazah and bury you or what? have you thought of that? what have you told them to do?

They don't know I am an Atheist yet. But I plan to tell them. And how would I know? If I knew I were, I would tell them to have a funeral my way and that most importantly it shouldn't be exclusive to men.
Ramadan is one of the five pillars eh?

Nope. Fasting. Oops. My bad
Original post by fojodef
you worried about crazies tryna bring down the hammer of sharia on your ass?

Somewhat haha but not really.
Are you going to answer my questions ^^^ or do you pass?

What made you make this thread? I notice that that you're new. Bored? Frustrated about Islam? Needed to "come out" anonymously?

Boredom and the theme at the moment. Came back to TSR a week ago and decided to stop lurking haha
I cannot reply to all questions. I usually miss questions I don't reply to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ExMus
They don't know I am an Atheist yet. But I plan to tell them. And how would I know? If I knew I were, I would tell them to have a funeral my way and that most importantly it shouldn't be exclusive to men.

why haven't you told them? since death can happen anytime, what if you die today? tomorrow? then what's the point in reading Salat Janazah for someone who doesn't believe in Islam? what is your way?
(edited 9 years ago)
why haven't you told them? since death can happen anytime, what if you die today? tomorrow? then what's the point in reading Salat Janazah for someone who doesn't believe in Islam? what is your way?

The funeral isn't for me. Its for them. So they find solace in this religious method of coping.

And it isn't so easy to tell them, you know...:/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ExMus
Are you testing me? Hahahah. Mate, you're having a laugh.

I've never heard of the 6 pillars. Just the 5. :wink:

Shahadah, prayer, ramadan, zakaat and hajj

He was testing you and it was not a trick question.

He did not say the 5 Pillars of Islam. He said the 6 Pillars of Imaan (Faith) his initial post and then again in his reminder post.

Namely
- Belief in Allah
- Belief in His Angels
- Belief in His Prophets
- Belief in His Books
- Belief in the Last Day
- Belief in Divine Decree
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ExMus
I don't know much about him unfortunately. Sorry. :colondollar:

What about Abraham/Ibrahim? Was he another Muhammad (pbuh)?
Reply 57
Despite me being a Muslim I say good luck; I would rather people were understanding and happy in the religion than felt forced to be in it. OP what kept you in the faith for this long?
Original post by Infinity_4652
can you give some examples? :biggrin:

the bit of Islam I find most disgusting is where men who will enter heaven get 72 virgins to have sex with

It's not just men :cool:
OP

Which of the current scientific hypothesise do you most support regarding explanations for the inequality between the observed amounts of matter and anti-matter present within the universe?

Quick Reply

Latest