The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Hoping for: A*A*A
Expecting: AAA or A*AA if I'm lucky
I'll open them like I usually do. A few seconds of hesitation, rip it open, take a minute or so to compose myself and actually understand my results and then cry cry cry cry no matter the outcome. Might look at adjustment if I get A*AA or higher. If, on the off chance, I get A*A*A* I'm going to BEG my parents to allow me to take a gap year and apply to Cambridge etc next year. They won't let me though! I guess it's Leeds for me. Not really that excited, I have to admit.
I'm going to celebrate by getting hideously drunk, obviously!
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

A2
AAA
ABB - AAB
My college lets us see them on line from 7:30, so that's what Ill be doing, then I'll go into to college anyway.
Cry - Only if they're good, I'll more likely be really moody and unresponsive if they're not my predicted. And as I've NEVER got my predicted... (Either got much higher or much lower...) hug /consolidate friends
Original post by CarysMoo
I'll open them like I usually do. A few seconds of hesitation, rip it open, take a minute or so to compose myself and actually understand my results and then cry cry cry cry no matter the outcome. Might look at adjustment if I get A*AA or higher. If, on the off chance, I get A*A*A* I'm going to BEG my parents to allow me to take a gap year and apply to Cambridge etc next year. They won't let me though! I guess it's Leeds for me. Not really that excited, I have to admit.

Y won't your parents let you apply to Cambridge?
Reply 83
AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? Distinction*, B, B

What are you expecting? Distinction*, C, C

How will you open them? In the toilets, like every year

How will you celebrate / react? Die

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarysMoo

Hope you don't mind me asking... but, if Leeds doesn't excite you and you're predicted those kind of grades, why haven't you made your firm somewhere better?
Original post by Lexxaa
AS

Well I'd be awesome If I got, AAACC :rolleyes:

However, it's probably going to be a little (a lot) less awesome, and a lot more of BBCEU :frown:
Let's just say Physics were not my fav - what were you thinking OCR? Were you on crack making those damn Physics Papers? Ughh :angry:
History wasn't my friend either, The exam paper was actually really good, both papers were, it's just me that has poor essay skills and not enough time. Also, I forgot to cross out my freaking plan and I have a feeling it's not going to end well. :s-smilie:

I will probably open them in school like everyone else, but it would be nice to lay down on my bathroom floor so I can cry in peace after I see how much I have failed at life.

Like I said, probably cry a lot, be angry at myself, hate little on some of my teachers, hate a lot on myself and eat a lot of ice cream.

Oh I am such a ray of sunshine.

Why is it bad that you didn't cross out your plan:confused:
Hope you don't mind me asking... but, if Leeds doesn't excite you and you're predicted those kind of grades, why haven't you made your firm somewhere better?

I wanted to go to UCL, but I had a terrible interview. That's why. D:
I'm upset enough about it without people saying Leeds isn't good enough for me haha. The course at Leeds is perfect for me anyway. And when I applied to unis, I had no idea I'd be expecting A*s by the end of the year so UCL was the best place I applied to. With regards to Oxbridge, my GCSEs were "poor" for an Oxbridge applicant and despite extenuating circumstances, I was not allowed to apply and so here I am. Awkward situation indeed.
Original post by Soontobesuper
Y won't your parents let you apply to Cambridge?

They won't let me take a year out - and don't think I'll get in, which is fair and most likely true, but I'd at least like to try.
A2
AAB
BBC
I'll open them at school praying fate might actually deal me a sweet card.
I'll probably react by crying... Again (it's happened at every results day; I'm kind of a pansy like that).
A2, expecting BBB, probably going to get BBC OR CCC
gonna cry my eyes out if I don't get in.
AS
A B B/D(I know one B s impossible - damn you C2!)
BCD
7am on school system.
Cry and then open to friend's results and ring her while she is on holiday to let her know!

edit : well I got BCD as predicted :/
Need to sort the D out! Retakes yay!
(edited 9 years ago)
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? Hoping for AAAA or AAAB (though you can guess which I'd prefer :tongue:)

What are you expecting?
AAAA or AAAB

How will you open them?
I'll be on holiday so I'm going to have to call my school to find out :cry2::cry2:

If they're good I'll probably start running around screaming. If they're bad, god knows....
AS
Hoping for AAAC (heh, I wish. It'd be a nice thought, though)
Expecting ABBD (considering I've been planning on getting BBBC this whole year, I think I did alright)

How will you open them? Still unsure. Tempted just to give them to my mum and she can break the news to me slowly.

How will you celebrate / react? Probably by staring at them in shock for a long, long time.
Reply 93
Im awaiting my AS results
Hoping for AABC
Likely to get ABCD (could be worse, that C could also be a D)
I'll receive my emails via the sixth form's portal system, but won't tell my Dad beforehand its possible to do this. So I'll go to college anyway pretending I'm eagerly awaiting for my results
I won't react - I always contain my emotions. However if I do desperately poor I will show frustation, because my family are really behind me so letting them down will hinder my self esteem
AS or A2 results?
A2

What are you hoping for?
AAB is my offer. Although it would be lovely to get A*AA because I'd qualify for my £1000 grant :colondollar:

What are you expecting?
At worst... ABC?

How will you open them?
Via Email at 8am :s-smilie:

I will probably change my academic info on facebook and then go back to bed.
AS or A2 results?
AS physics and computing
A2 maths

What are you hoping for?
A*AA

What are you expecting?
AAA

How will you open them?
With great trepidation

I don't know...
Reply 96
Original post by tearteto
am hoping for AAA, > 50% chance of AAB or less.
I will walk in with a box of tissues in my right hand, and a bag of party poppers in my left.
I will open my results and that will dictate which hand :smile:
(but no seriously, I will probably be crying inside if I don't get AAA.)

just remember that even though you may not meet your personal targets you still have a massive chance of getting into the university / apprenticeship you want. i got BBB(C) and needed AAB and still got in which is significantly lower than the entry requirements. always check ucas track :smile:
Reply 97
A2 results

Hoping for AAA

Expecting: I have no idea

Open them: online, then go into school later on in the day

Celebration/reaction: probably cry and then get drunk
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAA

What are you expecting? AAB/C (damn ocr physics again)

How will you open them? Collect the envelope and open on the way out of the door hoping no one stops me for a peek - especially the teachers/newspapers.

How will you celebrate? Good or bad - I'll go back to sleep.

Recently happy to find out I can apply to Cambridge Natsci under extenuating circumstances but I've felt a kick of fear I'll have a very very below par app which already is the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Ahh right, hope it goes well. I'm in a similar position:

Hoping to get: AAAAA
Expecting to get: AAAAB

But, as you say, it's the UMS that counts...

So are you a Cambridge hopeful too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply