The Student Room Group

Proof of residency for the future??

I've lived in England for over 9 years, moving here when I was 10/11. I've grown up here, gone to school here.

After grappling with Student Finance a few times about what exactly I need to send them, and having multiple rejections (even though I sent them what the told me each time), they finally told me I needed to send them three years worth of bank statements, dating up to the present. So I sent them a three whole years worth of bank statements, with my address on, next day recorded delivery.

Today they reject my application once again, claiming they are missing a whole year of my statements. So I guess they lost them? I've already spent upwards of £50 on getting statements printed and sending them and now aren't I in my right to be compensated for their screw up? Why should I have to pay again because they lost my evidence?

Secondly, they are now saying I need proof of residency up to the day I start my course. Which of course, is impossible until I start my course. So they won't deal with my application until I've already started. How is that acceptable? How will I pay the rent for my student accommodation and my university fees? Surely this is just plain wrong?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
It takes them about 2 weeks to scan stuff into the system, and a further 2 weeks to assess it. You just need to wait unfortunately.
Reply 2
Original post by samba
It takes them about 2 weeks to scan stuff into the system, and a further 2 weeks to assess it. You just need to wait unfortunately.

But they have assessed it. And rejected the application. They want evidence that doesn't exist! And have lost previous evidence I've sent them.
Reply 3
Original post by scndmg
But they have assessed it. And rejected the application. They want evidence that doesn't exist! And have lost previous evidence I've sent them.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant you'd just sent them it and received a letter in the overlap period crying for evidence. I'd call them, be very firm, tell them to check the system again, and go through the dates with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending