The Student Room Group

Mixed up ex and current girlfriend, How to fix?

I sort of did this, it's not as bad as the title makes out.

Basically, not my ex, but my ex before her is from a place close by to my new girlfriend. On Skype, I accidentally mixed up their two home towns, and my girlfriend wasn't best pleased. She seemed okay afterwards, but am kinda worried in case she isn't. It was a genuine mistake, it's not like I was thinking about my ex from like three years ago, just her town slipped out.

Is this a major thing or what? Told a friend who said it was bad, and I'm kinda worried now.
Original post by Anonymous

Basically, not my ex, but my ex before her is from a place close by to my new girlfriend. On Skype, I accidentally mixed up their two home towns, and my girlfriend wasn't best pleased. She seemed okay afterwards, but am kinda worried in case she isn't. It was a genuine mistake, it's not like I was thinking about my ex from like three years ago, just her town slipped out.

Is this a major thing or what? Told a friend who said it was bad, and I'm kinda worried now.

No that's not that bad at all. Either forget about it or turn it into a joke or something,
Don't worry about it, my friend accidentally called his girlfriend by the girls he had a fling with whilst they were on a break's name during sex.

They are married now.
Original post by Anonymous

Since it was just a genuine mix-up if she doesn't let it go you should probably reconsider the current G/F.

Just too irrational by half.

I have a bad habit of sometimes mixing up people's names, not sure why at all, my brain can be a bit goofy.
I just catch myself, correct, laugh it off, apologise and carry on. I'm not doing it on purpose.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending