All IGCSEs which are unitarily worth 2.5 GCSEs so mathematically;

24 A*s 3As
(edited 9 years ago)
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
10A*s 2As
What are you expecting?
8A*s 4As
Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
I would be happy that it's over, but if I get an A that is really close to the grade boundary for A* then I will be irritated.
How will you open them?
I'll slowly move down and look at each individual result, take it in and then move on to the next; I will be surrounded by friends.
How will you celebrate / react?
I go to France the day after so I can celebrate there.
Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
I'm not going to a great Sixth Form (I'm just staying on at my current school) and require 6Bs - I already have 4A*s 2As so that's fine.
Original post by JAIYEKO
13 A*s 2As

24 A*s 3As

Is the A in maths by any chance :biggrin:
13x 2.5= 32.5
Original post by Spelly456
Is the A in maths by any chance :biggrin:
13x 2.5= 32.5

LOL exactly what i was thinking... fob
What are you hoping for? about 2A* 9 As (probably the most realistic results on this thread - i mean surely not everyone actually gets 12A*s ¬_¬ ) and yes i want to get into medicine

What are you expecting? either 1A* 10As or 3A* 8As

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yep... I started working hard very late in GCSE soo i dont expect much more.

How will you open them? Run away into neverland and open them on my own,

How will you celebrate / react? smile

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Is this even a quesion? course :3
Original post by JAIYEKO
13 A*s 2As

24 A*s 3As

I might as well start multiplying some of my grades by 2.5- I did some IGCSEs too :rolleyes:
Reply 66
Original post by thechemistress
I might as well start multiplying some of my grades by 2.5- I did some IGCSEs too :rolleyes:

:smile:

Since when were I GCSE's worth 2.5 GCSE's

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone gullible trusting enough to believe this utter lie, IGCSEs are NOT worth 2.5 GCSEs. They're equivalent, grade for grade.
Just making things clear (even though IGCSEs are harder and frankly more interesting than some of the rubbish GCSEs that are imposed upon us).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hoping for: 9A*, 1A
Expecting: 8A*, 2A

These include 2 A*s in French and Maths that I did last year :smile:

Mixture of IGCSEs and GCSEs, although IGCSEs certainly aren't worth 2.5x more lol.
Just thought i'd give you my opinion:smile:

I think the people who say they will 'cry' if they a B or less than an A and that seriously need a reality check and get your head out of your arse. I don't care what your reason is for wanting all A*'s just shut up, if you don't get what you want then tough ****.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ZSHNZ
Since when were I GCSE's worth 2.5 GCSE's

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was being sarcastic..

Original post by danconway
For anyone gullible trusting enough to believe this utter lie, IGCSEs are NOT worth 2.5 GCSEs. They're equivalent, grade for grade.
Just making things clear (even though IGCSEs are harder and frankly more interesting than some of the rubbish GCSEs that are imposed upon us).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I know. Sarcasm, dude.
Original post by SamUKG97
Just thought i'd give you my opinion:smile:

I think the people who say they will 'cry' if they a B or less than an A and that seriously need a reality check and get your head out of your arse. I don't care what your reason is for wanting all A*'s just shut up, if you don't get what you want then tough ****.

People are allowed to say what grades they want. If you don't like it, don't comment. This is a thread where people say what grades they want. You have no right to tell somebody to 'shut up' just because you don't like it.

Just giving my opinion :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I was being sarcastic..

Yes, I know. Sarcasm, dude.

Ah, well conveyed with difficulty over the interweb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are allowed to say what grades they want. If you don't like it, don't comment. This is a thread where people say what grades they want. You have no right to tell somebody to 'shut up' just because you don't like it. I'd suggest growing up.

Just giving my opinion :smile:

At no point did I say they couldn't post what grades they want? I simply said that saying they will 'cry' if they get less than A's hahaha so I don't actually no what you're on about:biggrin:
What are you hoping for?
I am hoping to get at least 5 A's out of 9 results (I already have 2 B's)

What are you expecting?
As much as I try not to, I honestly doubt I will do great. Apart from History, I'm not expecting any C's, but in reality I wanted A's, Had I of worked that little bit harder and actually concentrated in lessons, that would be doable, let's hope it's not too much of a shock.

If I get at least 5 A's I will be happy. I'd say the probability of this is about 60%. If I do much more poorly then I had expected, I will feel disappointed in myself for a few days, but then I will let it go. After all, I only need 5 A*-C's and a B in French, Biology and English Literature to keep my place at King Ed's and I'm 100% confident that I have achieved this.

How will you open them?
I think I will open them quickly and just scroll my eyes down the list of letters without even paying attention to the subjects. Honestly, there is going to be one anomalous result. It will be History and it will be in the range of C-E. I am going to open them in front of my teachers.

If I get less than 5 A's my heart will sink and I will be aggravated. If I get good results then I will be very happy bien s
ûr. I am a very boring person so I won't go to a party or anything.

Most probably.
Reply 76
Original post by JAIYEKO
When you begin to write proper english

I don't think that an accidental space between I and GCSE quantifies poor English, and a few extra apostrophes
What are you hoping for?
I'm hoping for 5A*s (Maths/Physics/Chemistry/Biology/French), 3As (Language/Literature/RE), 2Bs (AQA FM/ History) and a Distinction* in ICT

What are you expecting?
If everything goes how I thought, 2A*s (Physics/French), 4As (Literature/Maths/Chemistry/Biology), 2Bs (Language/RE), 2Cs (AQA FM/History), and the D*

I'd like to have a couple more A*s, and for the C in History to be a little higher, but I have no chance of getting above a C in AQA Further Maths :/

How will you open them?
I think I'm going to pick them up, open them outside the school alone slowly, and look at the grades rather than the subjects...

Good: go straight to my 6th form to confirm my place, and then probably get drunk
Bad: cry for the rest of the day and beat myself up about it

If I get what I really expect, no. I'll have an A in Maths rather than an A*, so I'll probably have to switch my A-levels from Further Maths/Physics/Computing to Maths/French/Physics/Computing
(edited 9 years ago)
Hoping for: 8 or 9 A*s out of 11.
Expecting: 8 A*s out of 11.
Reaction: I'll be happy if I get 7 or above because of personal expectations!
How I'll open: I'm very impatient usually but I'll probably be with friends and we'll go somewhere fairly quiet before ripping them open!
Sixth-form: I'll definitely get it. It's my usual sixth form, I just need BBBA to do bio, chem, eng lit & maths so..

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you hoping for?
10A*s 1A 1B
What are you expecting?
6A*s 4As 2Bs
Reasonably happy, although I set myself a target of 8A*s and not to get more than 1B but those were aspirational more than realistic. The 2Bs will annoy me but they're both in English which I hate.
How will you open them?
Our school don't put them in an envelope or fold them, you go to the appropriate table and the member of staff hands you the sheet after you state your name.
With a smile and thankyou to the teacher and leave to hunt down some friends and their results, compare with the competition and laugh at our friends who failed because they didn't revise.
I need to get an A* in maths which I think I achieved, 2As in Science which I already have from last year and all the rest have to be over Bs, so yes I think I will.

Latest