The Student Room Group

Ex wants to be single

Hey so me and my ex boyfriend were going out for 10 months and he still tells me he loves me and doesn't see us ever not being together. He still tells me I'm his baby and will be forever and that I don't know what will happen in the future.. He broke up with me by saying he's still crazy about me but he wants to be single. We go to university together and is still saying he misses me and loves me and cuddling and he's not going to sleep with other girls but he wants to be single..

Am I Being stupid? Does he just want to have sex with others? Idk what to do. I really love him but I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing :/
To be honest, if he has ended the relationship, there isn't much to get your hopes up about.

He is probably in the transition phase of getting over you, so you will have a lot of contact before he slowly starts to disappear and when he is ready, he will go to other girls.

Just move on, he is clear from his relationship point of view from where he stands.
Reply 2
So even though he's saying he's gonna come back he's probably just lying?
It sounds like he's just very confused, and when us chaps get confused, that's when we can get most hurtful. I'd give him a wide berth for the time being and see what happens.
I think you should steer clear of a guy who says that he won't sleep with any other girls but won't go out with you because that sounds like a lie! It sounds like he just wants you to hang around him even after the breakup! A breakup is just a breakup...dust if off, move on and meet more people to find someone cool! :yy:
Original post by Anonymous
So even though he's saying he's gonna come back he's probably just lying?

Yes, he wants to be free to pick you up when he's between lovers, I guess. This is why he's ( so very obviously) lying.

People don't break up with people they love while trying to justify themselves. Even if he came back from time to time, you'd always be wondering when he was going to go off again.

He's definitely not putting you first, is he? So does he love you? No. Just a very selfish man : keep clear and find someone else. Be very sorry for whoever he marries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending