The Student Room Group

A level Psychology

Any advices for AS Psychology??:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by TSR Learn Together
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Thks!
Go over all the work you do on the day you do it and don't just leave it till revision time. There's a lot of research you need to be able to remember and you won't be able to if you don't constantly go over it. Other than that, there's not really much to psych other than practicing past papers but even then the mark schemes are useless
What is the hardest section for psychology, you would advise revising? - I have started revising for sociology and psychology already haha just need guidance
Original post by Troytheboy
What is the hardest section for psychology, you would advise revising? - I have started revising for sociology and psychology already haha just need guidance

For me, it was stress in unit 2 (AQA A spec) because it had the most 'science' in it and even though I did bio & chem, I found it so hard to grasp. Wow you're really early if you've already started revision. You should be enjoying your summer
I am haha, within my spare time I am just learning about them rather than learning from scratch when I start college
I am haha, within my spare time I am just learning about them rather than learning from scratch when I start college

Fair enough. Just don't do too much. You don't want your actual lessons to be a washout
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Fair enough. Just don't do too much. You don't want your actual lessons to be a washout

I suppose haha, but it gives me more of a chance of gaining an A. I am really motivated to get this grade haha
I suppose haha, but it gives me more of a chance of gaining an A. I am really motivated to get this grade haha

Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll do great. I revised the most for psychology I'd say and overall it was worth it, but not quite for unit 1 lol
Thank you. And not good haha, but at least you revised for the majority:smile:

What grade did you achieve? if you don't mind me asking I don't mean to be intruding :P
Thank you. And not good haha, but at least you revised for the majority:smile:

What grade did you achieve? if you don't mind me asking I don't mean to be intruding :P

I ended up with an A in psychology :smile: this is AS though
I ended up with an A in psychology :smile: this is AS though

Nice hahah, well done! Was it hard?
Nice hahah, well done! Was it hard?

It wasn't too bad if I'm honest. I actually enjoyed the subject so it made it easier but the quantity is the hardest part of it. I'm lucky I had jan exams, I feel sorry for you guys
It wasn't too bad if I'm honest. I actually enjoyed the subject so it made it easier but the quantity is the hardest part of it. I'm lucky I had jan exams, I feel sorry for you guys

How did you remember all the quantity any tips? I know man,not good for us.But you won't have Jan exams neither in A2, so that is both of us in the cannon fodder :2in1:
How did you remember all the quantity any tips? I know man,not good for us.But you won't have Jan exams neither in A2, so that is both of us in the cannon fodder :2in1:

I literally can't remember it was such a long time ago. I guess I just remembered all the big (most important) research eg Asch, Milgram, Loftus & Palmer etc and learned evaluation points for them all. I'd say just keep rewriting the research out from memory, what they did what they found, 2 criticisms and 2 positives and it'll be reinforced in your head. Also, for each topic try to memorise at least 3 pieces of research in this way. My advice probably sounds useless, but it helped me a lot and I hated using the textbook but I liked reading through the mini companion (the one with the cat) as the research they use are sometimes easier to remember. The actual concepts you learn shouldn't cause you a lot of problem, just keep going over them and linking research to it.

I did my A2s this year :tongue: so I never need to worry about it again
I literally can't remember it was such a long time ago. I guess I just remembered all the big (most important) research eg Asch, Milgram, Loftus & Palmer etc and learned evaluation points for them all. I'd say just keep rewriting the research out from memory, what they did what they found, 2 criticisms and 2 positives and it'll be reinforced in your head. Also, for each topic try to memorise at least 3 pieces of research in this way. My advice probably sounds useless, but it helped me a lot and I hated using the textbook but I liked reading through the mini companion (the one with the cat) as the research they use are sometimes easier to remember. The actual concepts you learn shouldn't cause you a lot of problem, just keep going over them and linking research to it.

I did my A2s this year :tongue: so I never need to worry about it again

Thanks man, I haven't learned about research yet. I am currently learning the different approaches haha. And your so lucky! you going to Uni?
Thanks man, I haven't learned about research yet. I am currently learning the different approaches haha. And your so lucky! you going to Uni?

What exam board are you? We only started with approaches towards the end up unit 2. And yeah if I get the grades
What exam board are you? We only started with approaches towards the end up unit 2. And yeah if I get the grades

I'm oblivious and hopefully you achieve the grades!:-)
I'm oblivious and hopefully you achieve the grades!:-)

Lol, well you better find out soon so you avoid learning the wrong things. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending