The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are you hoping for?
4A*s 3As 1C
What are you expecting?
2A*s 4As 1B 1C
Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
Not really, I would rather not get the B :frown: the C is also annoying but I'm bad at maths so I wasn't really expecting more than a C.
How will you open them?
I will tear open the envelope and then tentatively look at the letter....
How will you celebrate / react?
If it's better than I'm expecting then I'll confirm my college place and spend the rest of the day p-a-r-t-y-i-n-g. If it's bad then I'll sit in the corner of my room and cry for the rest of the day whilst eating ice cream.
Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yes if I don't get any lower than my expectations.
Reply 81
What are you hoping for?
2A*s 5A's 1B 2C'S
What are you expecting?
7A's 2C's 1D
Partially because the 1D and 2C'S will be slightly disappointing knowing I should have revised. But hopefully the 7A's will compensate.
How will you open them?
I will wait for other people to open theirs and see what they got then open mine slowly an hour later
Tell my parents and then go to my sixth form. Would be expecting a lot of gifts/presents.
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

Hoping for 10 A*s 4As and an A in additional maths

What are you expecting? 8 A*s 3As 1 B and an A in additional maths.

Kinda, but not happy with the B which is most likely going to be in German.

How will you open them?

Very slowly and look at each grade individually so I can cry at every A* i am going to miss.
If I get what I hoped for probably faint, if I fail run and never show my face again for 2 weeks.
Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
100%, its only an average of A/B
What are you hoping for?
7-8A*s 1-2As (9 in total)

What are you expecting?
4-6A*s 2-4As 1-2Bs:frown: (not really sure, within this range anyway)

No!!!! There were some kind of extenuating circumstances involved though.

How will you open them?
They will be sent by email - so yeah my parents will know first:frown::frown::frown: But I will get to see my results myself - definitely NOT hear from my mum.

If I was so lucky that I achieved straight A*s/As I would literally go crazy (so wouldn't be able to celebrate lol). If I wasn't... Well I try not to be pessimistic so I'll leave it until that day.

Yes. Unconditional:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Find a nice quiet place and open them on my own. If i get good grades run home and hug my mum. If not probably cry :smile:
Predicted 8a* 2a.
Expecting 4a,*4a, 2b

How can I improve my RS grade, its at a B.

Reply 86
Hoping for:
3A*, 2As, 6Bs

Expecting:
1A , 7Bs , 3Cs

Satisfied:
Absolutely not regardless of the outcomes

How I will open them:
Go outside, say a quick prayer, rip the envelope open.

How I will.celebrate/react:
Scream

Will I meet my offer?
Hopefully :biggrin:
Original post by Angelo12231
im just going to run somewhere where i can be alone and open them... if they are 2A*s 9As or 1A* 10As then il be happy... if i get more than 2 Bs then :OOOO dieee and i will come home late after ive done some thinking ahaha

Getting B's at GCSE is no big deal!
Reply 88
Original post by GreenPlum
What are you hoping for?
I'm hoping for 5A*s, 3As, 2Bs and a Distinction* in ICT

What are you expecting?
If everything goes how I thought, 2A*s, 4As, 2Bs, 2Cs, and the D*

I'd like to have a couple more A*s, and for the C in History to be a little higher, but I have no chance of getting above a C in AQA Further Maths :/

How will you open them?
I think I'm going to pick them up, open them outside the school alone slowly, and look at the grades rather than the subjects...

Good: go straight to my 6th form to confirm my place, and then probably get drunk
Bad: cry for the rest of the day and beat myself up about it

If I get what I really expect, no. I'll have an A in Maths rather than an A*, so I'll probably have to switch my A-levels from Further Maths/Physics/Computing to Maths/French/Physics/Computing

Well, good luck!
Reply 89
Original post by WinterWind
What are you hoping for?
7-8A*s 1-2As (9 in total)

What are you expecting?
4-6A*s 2-4As 1-2Bs:frown: (not really sure, within this range anyway)

No!!!! There were some kind of extenuating circumstances involved though.

How will you open them?
They will be sent by email - so yeah my parents will know first:frown::frown::frown: But I will get to see my results myself - definitely NOT hear from my mum.

If I was so lucky that I achieved straight A*s/As I would literally go crazy (so wouldn't be able to celebrate lol). If I wasn't... Well I try not to be pessimistic so I'll leave it until that day.

Yes. Unconditional:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I hope you get what you deserve.
Reply 90
Original post by JayJay-C19
Yeah... majority... you said like 2 B's out of numerous A*'s and A's lol...

If someone thinks that more than 2 B's isn't good enough for them​, then let them be; obviously they are going to have different goals from you.
I myself will be quite depressed if I get more than 2 B's because I know I can do better- not that B's are bad grades.
Reply 91
Original post by AKaur98
If someone thinks that more than 2 B's isn't good enough for them​, then let them be; obviously they are going to have different goals from you.
I myself will be quite depressed if I get more than 2 B's because I know I can do better- not that B's are bad grades.

Ha. I understand everyone has different goals. I just think that if you get B's then you deserve them so be realistic with your goals. I can understand being upset with C's or below in some subjects but if you get all A*s and A's and get like one B then don't ball your eyes out about it because it's like crying about nothing.

I can have my opinion thanks, the person I said that to was quite okay with the comment so stop. Don't tell me to let people be, if you're entitled to your opinion then I am to mine so "let me be".
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 92
Ha. I understand everyone has different goals. I just think that if you get B's then you deserve them so be realistic with your goals. I can understand being upset with C's or below in some subjects but if you get all A*s and A's and get like one B then don't ball your eyes out about it because it's like crying about nothing.

I can have my opinion thanks, the person I said that to didn't have an issue with me saying it so.

I wasn't even trying to be rude? And you're not making any sense- I never said if you get B's that you don't deserve them..I seriously have no idea where that came from. Why can you 'understand being upset with C's' then? Obviously you deserved the C's as well so might as well not be upset! Right?
And I never said that anything about getting all A*'s and and A's and one B :tongue: ..I was just trying to point out that if someone get's upset with more than 2 B's they don't have to hide it and feel stupid just because a B is a good grade to so many people.

But seriously. I didn't mean to offend you. I'll just try not to 'ball my eyes out'.
Why are some people on here trying to tell others that it's not okay to be upset with B grades? They're allowed to be upset if they want to be, especially if they know they could have done better.
Reply 94
Original post by AKaur98
I wasn't even trying to be rude? And you're not making any sense- I never said if you get B's that you don't deserve them..I seriously have no idea where that came from. Why can you 'understand being upset with C's' then? Obviously you deserved the C's as well so might as well not be upset! Right?
And I never said that anything about getting all A*'s and and A's and one B :tongue: ..I was just trying to point out that if someone get's upset with more than 2 B's they don't have to hide it and feel stupid just because a B is a good grade to so many people.

But seriously. I didn't mean to offend you. I'll just try not to 'ball my eyes out'.

It's different with C's, yes you deserved them but they aren't really going to do much for you are they so that's why I can UNDERSTAND it. What are you on about? My whole point is that they SHOULDN'T be upset with it and you're now agreeing with that point about not feeling stupid so why are you even going against me :')?

I don't think that you were trying to offend me, I'm just getting annoyed by how everyone has to argue with each-other on here. Can it not be that I had my view and you had yours? WITHOUT directing it at me trying to say I'm wrong, which you were clearly doing :s-smilie:

Anyway, leave it. It doesn't matter. My point is that if you get a couple of B's then don't beat yourself up over it. My message was more sensible and comforting than slamming.
Reply 95
It's different with C's, yes you deserved them but they aren't really going to do much for you are they so that's why I can UNDERSTAND it. What are you on about? My whole point is that they SHOULDN'T be upset with it and you're now agreeing with that point about not feeling stupid so why are you even going against me :')?

I don't think that you were trying to offend me, I'm just getting annoyed by how everyone has to argue with each-other on here. Can it not be that I had my view and you had yours? WITHOUT directing it at me trying to say I'm wrong, which you were clearly doing :s-smilie:

Anyway, leave it. It doesn't matter. My point is that if you get a couple of B's then don't beat yourself up over it. My message was more sensible and comforting than slamming.

I'm genuinely sorry. Like I think I think I totally misread what you wrote.
:/ And I wasn't trying to say that you are wrong- it sounded to me like you were saying that anyone who gets upset over receiving B's is stupid for doing so...But like you said- leave it.
Reply 96
Original post by thechemistress
Why are some people on here trying to tell others that it's not okay to be upset with B grades? They're allowed to be upset if they want to be, especially if they know they could have done better.

I believe that people can of course be upset if they knew they had the potential for an A but my point still stands that if they failed to attain that A then they shouldn't beat themselves up over it because it's just that one grade. You're all taking what I said completely out of context. My comment was given to someone who was expecting all A*'s and A's besides a B or so, therefore I was stating that purely because they missed out on a couple of extra A's - they shouldn't be devastated about it. Of course they're allowed to be upset, what idiot would say otherwise, I'm just merely stating that they shouldn't be incredibly destroyed over it. They got amazing grades.
Reply 97
Original post by AKaur98
I'm genuinely sorry. Like I think I think I totally misread what you wrote.
:/ And I wasn't trying to say that you are wrong- it sounded to me like you were saying that anyone who gets upset over receiving B's is stupid for doing so...But like you said- leave it.

Nonono, not at all. I just meant that if you got a few B's then don't beat yourself up over it like it's the end of all of humanity, like you said, it's not a poor grade
Reply 98
Original post by AKaur98

I understand where he is coming from, there is no need to get upset over a few Bs it is not going to hinder your application, even if it is for medicine. I do feel that people who will go home a literally cry do need a reality check. I can however understand being disappointed in yourself for not getting the grades required.
I believe that people can of course be upset if they knew they had the potential for an A but my point still stands that if they failed to attain that A then they shouldn't beat themselves up over it because it's just that one grade. You're all taking what I said completely out of context. My comment was given to someone who was expecting all A*'s and A's besides a B or so, therefore I was stating that purely because they missed out on a couple of extra A's - they shouldn't be devastated about it. Of course they're allowed to be upset, what idiot would say otherwise, I'm just merely stating that they shouldn't be incredibly destroyed over it. They got amazing grades.

Oh, right. Sorry, I've just had somebody else on here say that you shouldn't be allowed to be upset with a B grade, so it wasn't only directed at you.
Obviously it's just one grade, but that B can be the difference between getting into sixth form and just not.

Latest