The Student Room Group

Girl who wears Hijab. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolgirl19
How long have you been wearing the hijab for?

8 years now. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Usually i feel too full to eat suhoor. I just have a glass of water, or juice.

Btw are you a convert ?
Reply 22
Why do you wear it?
Original post by frdon
Btw are you a convert ?

No. Born and raised. Thank god
I wanted people to ask me questions, based on me wearing hijab. I wanted to know what people automatically thought about me.

Do you think wearing your hijab separates you from others? Or feel that you're looked upon differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
No. Born and raised. Thank god

Mashallah
Original post by AP1989
Why do you wear it?

I wear it to show obedience to god. He ordered us women, to wear the Hijab, to hide our hair, to men in particular.
Original post by MissColly
Do you think wearing your hijab separates you from others? Or feel that you're looked upon differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes hijab seperates me from others. First, hijab, shows i am a muslim. I am definitely looked upon differently by different people. Muslims, will look at me proudly as it looks as though i am following my religion (however dont forget women wearing the hijab doesnt mean theyre a religious person. They may still be bad people, they may steal, talk behind others ect.) Others look at me as if i am about to take a bomb out of my hand bag. Media inflenced people, who may think i am an extremist. I am not. By wearing the hijab you are not a perfect muslim, but it is one of the steps, to following Gods orders
Original post by frdon
Mashallah

:smile:

Original post by 123kat137
Do you ever wear horrible sweatpants underneath just because you can?
I've heard that usually people look very polished under hijab as those are the clothes you are still seen in with friends and family etc., is that true?

Sorry, i dont quite understand this question. I hope you are patient with me :smile:
Yes hijab seperates me from others. First, hijab, shows i am a muslim. I am definitely looked upon differently by different people. Muslims, will look at me proudly as it looks as though i am following my religion (however dont forget women wearing the hijab doesnt mean theyre a religious person. They may still be bad people, they may steal, talk behind others ect.) Others look at me as if i am about to take a bomb out of my hand bag. Media inflenced people, who may think i am an extremist. I am not. By wearing the hijab you are not a perfect muslim, but it is one of the steps, to following Gods orders

I totally understand. Have you ever considered taking your hijab off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you hot?
Original post by gortz1o1
you hot?

Why does that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you be sure that God/Allah is real?
Why does that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i mean wearing the hijab
I totally understand. Have you ever considered taking your hijab off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am happy you understand. I have never considered taking my hijab off. There are moments in my life, where i look at some women, and think, i want to show off my hair like that. But those thoughts i believe, come from Satan or satans followers telling me this, to make me turn away from my religion, trying eventually. I then remember this is happening to me, so i tell myself, "no, you must wear Hijab, because the almighty ordered me" But actually taking it off, and never wearing it, has never crossed my mind. My mother, has taught me to love the Hijab, and understand it. If i also perfect other parts of my religion,(praying, giving charity, reading the holy Quran, ect) i will then have the reward of going to paradise.
Original post by gortz1o1
No i mean wearing the hijab

I dont see how this question is needed to be answered. But i will try.

Personally i dont think im hot, while some may find me hot. But ofcourse i am going to be biased, because i dont see myself particularly amazing. Some of my features i believe are better than others, but i think i am no big deal. Personally i wouldnt say i find myself ugly. Thats all i will say.
I am happy you understand. I have never considered taking my hijab off. There are moments in my life, where i look at some women, and think, i want to show off my hair like that. But those thoughts i believe, come from Satan or satans followers telling me this, to make me turn away from my religion, trying eventually. I then remember this is happening to me, so i tell myself, "no, you must wear Hijab, because the almighty ordered me" But actually taking it off, and never wearing it, has never crossed my mind. My mother, has taught me to love the Hijab, and understand it. If i also perfect other parts of my religion,(praying, giving charity, reading the holy Quran, ect) i will then have the reward of going to paradise.

Do you think it is reasonable that women have to wear hijab while men don't? I understand it's an order of the almighty, but there must be reasons for such orders. I think its so men's prying eyes don't see the beauty of women through their hair and neck and chest areas. However this assumes that all men look at women this way, which isn't true. Even if some do, why should women be restricted and covered when men are the ones committing sins by looking at women. Also, wearing a hijab doesn't mean men won't look, girls still look very beautiful in hijabs and I'm sure many men have looked at women wearing hijab too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wearing the hijab isn't bad at all!like you I wear the hijab too and it kind of protects me so I think it is good!
Original post by Elm Tree
How can you be sure that God/Allah is real?

I am sure God is real. First of all if i look around me, i think how on earth can someone not have perfected this earth for us. Its rivers, its mountains, the sky, going to the cells and pigments. How can they have not been created by an almighty? Thats what i ask myself.

Then i look towards my prophet, who has told us we should worship god, and the quran guides me too. The quran has many messages, and miracles of god, and signs. The quran talks about science, and as some scientists found out theories of science, they were in the Quran.

I have dont have much knowledge of the over-lapping topics Islam and Science, so dont rely on me. If you have further questions regarding this, i may mot be able to answer. This is why i am, and all muslims aim, to become better muslims
I dont see how this question is needed to be answered. But i will try.

Personally i dont think im hot, while some may find me hot. But ofcourse i am going to be biased, because i dont see myself particularly amazing. Some of my features i believe are better than others, but i think i am no big deal. Personally i wouldnt say i find myself ugly. Thats all i will say.

I think they meant, uh, does it make you too warm?

Quick Reply

Latest