The Student Room Group

How drunk would you need to be to find me attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ridingmyego
The topless picture's a bit of a cheat because it was before a recent crash, but yep that's me. Just with glasses on, and two functional arms :') One of my arms doesn't work now, and quite a few scars, but yep. :smile:

is your arm ever going to work again?? i have some gross scars so its no biggie.
Original post by MidnightDream
I know right, he called me an idiot today too :unimpressed: :laugh:

Yeah, I saw. So childish :rolleyes:
Original post by brendonbackflip
is your arm ever going to work again?? i have some gross scars so its no biggie.

How'd you get yours? :O We hope so, I had the surgery to re-atttatch some nerves. After 7 months I have finger movement and tricep action, that's about it :smile:
Original post by thechemistress

Was really childish :yep: but when people start throwing insults around during what's supposed to be a civilised argument usually means I'm going to win :teehee:
Reply 64
Because I stupidly thought that you were more sensible than you've proven yourself to be, and would back down after noting that you most certainly do not know what the majority of people think about OP. Obviously I was wrong. You seriously need to grow up and stop resorting to insults to get your point across.

Even from merely looking at this thread, a large proportion have commented that OP is attractive. You don't know the majority as well as you claim to, it seems :rolleyes:

Ooh, so you think that 6 or 7 people calling him attractive on this thread is considered a valid assessment of his appearance? But when Twitter has thousands, millions of followers sharing an individuals pictures, it's not seen as the ''majority''? :rolleyes:

You probably have a thing for white boys, maybe white guys are your preference. But you have to also remember that white British girls isn't the ''majority'' of the public. Twitter users share pictures around across the world.

I apologise for the arrogance of some :') Thank you for your opinion though, it was lovely of you to say! :smile:
How'd you get yours? :O We hope so, I had the surgery to re-atttatch some nerves. After 7 months I have finger movement and tricep action, that's about it :smile:

Sounds serious, wish you all the best :eek: Mine are from nothing like that, I had to be put on a drain a couple of years ago (a big tube in my body sucking stuff out) and its left some weird looking scars where the hole was.
Original post by AnharM
Ooh, so you think that 6 or 7 people calling him attractive on this thread is considered a valid assessment of his appearance? But when Twitter has thousands, millions of followers sharing an individuals pictures, it's not seen as the ''majority''? :rolleyes:

You probably have a thing for white boys, maybe white guys are your preference. But you have to also remember that white British girls isn't the ''majority'' of the public. Twitter users share pictures around across the world.

I'm not on Twitter, so we don't know what the response would be. And once again, I don't care how the majority would perceive me. Let's stop being insulting now, and if you would, remove yourself from the thread.
I was talking to one of my friends, who said jokingly that he'd go for me when he's blootered. That got us thinking about the drunk preceptions of each other, and at what point on the drink-O-meter, we become good-looking.

So i'll pose the question to you. It may come across as attention-seeking, but it has roots in sociological experimentation.

Consider this:

Alcohol doesn't make ugly people more attractive, being drunk makes sleeping with ugly people more socially acceptable.

Or to put it another way, if there is a girl/guy you would like to **** but you're embarrassed about it for some reason, having a few drinks is the "excuse" you need.

Edit. Its the same with violence: alcohol doesn't make you violent, it just provides you with an excuse for the next day as to why you lamped that bloke you've been itching to punch ever since you met him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by MidnightDream
Was really childish :yep: but when people start throwing insults around during what's supposed to be a civilised argument usually means I'm going to win :teehee:

I called you an idiot because YOU assumed I was putting your opinion down. I wasn't, I was just saying the majority wouldn't think he's ''very good looking''...I agreed that everyone has different tastes and preferences.
Sounds serious, wish you all the best :eek: Mine are from nothing like that, I had to be put on a drain a couple of years ago (a big tube in my body sucking stuff out) and its left some weird looking scars where the hole was.

Ooo interesting! I had a couple drains going into my lungs. And a scar from them taking my spleen out. I hear scars aren't the worst thing in the world, do you feel self-conscious about them?
Original post by cole-slaw
Consider this:

Alcohol doesn't make ugly people more attractive, being drunk makes sleeping with ugly people more socially acceptable.

Or to put it another way, if there is a girl/guy you would like to **** but you're embarrassed about it for some reason, having a few drinks is the "excuse" you need.

Edit. Its the same with violence: alcohol doesn't make you violent, it just provides you with an excuse for the next day as to why you lamped that bloke you've been itching to punch ever since you met him.

Interesting paradigm ain't it! Fair points :smile:
Reply 72
I'm not on Twitter, so we don't know what the response would be. And once again, I don't care how the majority would perceive me. Let's stop being insulting now, and if you would, remove yourself from the thread.

I'll be glad to, seeing as this has turned to another ''Please rate me'' thread :rolleyes:
Ooo interesting! I had a couple drains going into my lungs. And a scar from them taking my spleen out. I hear scars aren't the worst thing in the world, do you feel self-conscious about them?

Yeah the drains were for my lungs too, pneumothorax? and was this all for the one crash? :eek::eek::eek:

Not really - I mean they're weird looking but not that big, and they're under my arms/on side boob so I don't notice them. Would be more noticeable for someone looking at it, but I try not to think about that, and no one's ever commented on it anyway. In your case, even if you have a lot of scars I highly doubt anyone's going to be freaked out as they're a pretty 'normal' injury to have (as opposed to, I don't know, having a face grow out of your stomach or something). So there's no need to be that conscious of them :smile:
Original post by AnharM
I called you an idiot because YOU assumed I was putting your opinion down. I wasn't, I was just saying the majority wouldn't think he's ''very good looking''...I agreed that everyone has different tastes and preferences.

Still no reason to insult someone, when I read it that's what it seemed like to me, obviously now I know that's not what you meant but when I read it did seem like you were telling me my opinion was wrong and tbh I really don't think you know what the majority think you've stated your opinion let's leave at that shall we? no need for you to speak for anyone else :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you're attractive while sober but I wouldn't go for you even if I was steaming drunk & single just not my type.
Original post by AnharM
I'm not trying to disprove it, how many times?! You just don't think like the majority, end of!

And a lot of people use twitter, thousands of people share pics around. Facebook as well. If you're so confident OP is ''very good looking'', post it on Facebook/Twitter, see how many share it. Social media is where people get recognised.

There comes a point where you find yourself, a heterosexual man, arguing with girls about how "hot" another man is on the internet. At this point one should step back and re-evaluate the direction of their life.
Yeah the drains were for my lungs too, pneumothorax? and was this all for the one crash? :eek::eek::eek:

Not really - I mean they're weird looking but not that big, and they're under my arms/on side boob so I don't notice them. Would be more noticeable for someone looking at it, but I try not to think about that, and no one's ever commented on it anyway. In your case, even if you have a lot of scars I highly doubt anyone's going to be freaked out as they're a pretty 'normal' injury to have (as opposed to, I don't know, having a face grow out of your stomach or something). So there's no need to be that conscious of them :smile:

Oooo I hear pneumothorax is painful! :O Oh, I just had collapsed lungs due to punctures. Was in a coma for a couple weeks, and had a 4 min cardiac arrest. Had an open elbow and femur fracture too.

That's where mine are! Hahaha! Yeah may be a bit weird that :tongue: I'd find them quite attractive on a girl to be honest.
Oooo I hear pneumothorax is painful! :O Oh, I just had collapsed lungs due to punctures. Was in a coma for a couple weeks, and had a 4 min cardiac arrest. Had an open elbow and femur fracture too.

That's where mine are! Hahaha! Yeah may be a bit weird that :tongue: I'd find them quite attractive on a girl to be honest.

Ahh I got my pneumothorax from my collapsed lung. Or the pneumothorax caused it I can't remember :tongue: Sounds horrific, glad you're getting better!!!

yeah I've never had anyone comment on them except my mum so that place clearly doesn't cause issues. And good :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by ElChapo
There comes a point where you find yourself, a heterosexual man, arguing with girls about how "hot" another man is on the internet. At this point one should step back and re-evaluate the direction of their life.

I'm not arguing about it. I merely stated that the majority wouldn't think he's "very good looking". They are the only ones arguing with me, saying that I don't know what the majority think, saying that everyone has different tastes (which I agreed to in the first place), and stating that he is "very good looking", which is their opinion that I am not arguing with or putting down. That's literally what's happened.

Some people on here are pathetic. Trying to put my opinion down when I wasn't putting theirs down in the first place. I merely stated he wouldn't be considered "very attractive" to the majority of the public. Jheeeze.

Quick Reply

Latest