The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CB91
It was £75m.

His point is still valid though :tongue:
Original post by FKLW
You are my latest target :colonhash: but you ain't responding angrily so I'm moving on! Kruz time methinks :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are on my ignore list tbf, but the app isn't the greatest because I still see your stupidity if you are the last to post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 442
Original post by Peggles_*
You are on my ignore list tbf, but the app isn't the greatest because I still see your stupidity if you are the last to post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on your ignore list? Why :cry: I post serious a lot of the time :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Suarez went for £64m? LOOOOOL wdf happened to the "not a penny less than £80m" that the Scousers were gassing about

To be honest £64M is what he's worth. At the end of his contract he will have no resale value, and I don't expect him to sell many shirts either. It would seem that Liverpool could get the £64M instantly because of the Alexis sale, anything higher and it would probably be complicated and the payments would possibly be structured year by year which I doubt Liverpool were very keen on.
Original post by FKLW
You are my latest target :colonhash: but you ain't responding angrily so I'm moving on! Kruz time methinks :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kmt what have I done?
Reply 445
Original post by Kruz
Kmt what have I done?

Looool your my new target. Your every post will be scrutinised and criticised heavily until you explode in a blaze of expletives and Ad hom :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Looool your my new target. Your every post will be scrutinised and criticised heavily until you explode in a blaze of expletives and Ad hom :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah give it your best shot :tongue:.
Original post by little_tom
To be honest £64M is what he's worth. At the end of his contract he will have no resale value, and I don't expect him to sell many shirts either. It would seem that Liverpool could get the £64M instantly because of the Alexis sale, anything higher and it would probably be complicated and the payments would possibly be structured year by year which I doubt Liverpool were very keen on.

Yeah. If you noticed, most of the current record breaking moves for forwards recently have been with players around the ages of 21-26. Ronaldo and Bale were 23 when they moved e.g. Neymar was 21 when he moved, Cavani and Suarez were 26. Although Falcao was 27 when he moved to here, but he already got a big money move to Atlético before hand.

Liverpool got a good deal imo. Even if his performances are worth that of an 80M pound player, 64M with his disciplinary record, low resale value and emotional baggage with it is a good deal. I reckon it was a 75M euro release clause. Or the deal is rising to 75M pounds. Eitherway a good deal for Liverpool.

Other places are saying 75M pounds though.
(edited 9 years ago)
I remember how back in Year 11 in school (2011). I used to tirelessly explain how the financial plan of Arsenal will allows us to compete after doing the hard graft they never listened. People just think you're an Arsene Wenger fan boy making excuses. Simply stating the facts of the financial plan. Less debts, lower repayments, debts cleared, renewed sponsorships, new sponsorship, expanding fanbase. Really easy math. With all that being said I don't think I agreed with the fact that Wenger couldn't spend because he could still have strengthened and we should have won something

Anyway there's 0 excuses now. We've won silverware, 2 marquee signings, great stadium & facilities, young squad with experience. Time is now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
I remember how back in Year 11 in school (2011). I used to tirelessly explain how the financial plan of Arsenal will allows us to compete after doing the hard graft they never listened. People just think you're an Arsene Wenger fan boy making excuses. Simply stating the facts of the financial plan. Less debts, lower repayments, debts cleared, renewed sponsorships, new sponsorship, expanding fanbase. Really easy math. With all that being I don't think agreed with the fact of Wenger couldn't spend because he could still have strengthened and we should have won something

Anyway there's 0 excuses now. We've won silverware, 2 marquee signings, great stadium & facilities, young squad with experience. Time is now.

I think one more season, if you get a DM, a striker and an RB then you'll be fine.

I think the lack of a world class striker will end up in you guys being sold short in a title race, like it did with Chelsea last season. But you have the ingredients for everything else to work out.
Subbing
Original post by jam278
I think one more season, if you get a DM, a striker and an RB then you'll be fine.

I think the lack of a world class striker will end up in you guys being sold short in a title race, like it did with Chelsea last season. But you have the ingredients for everything else to work out.

Yeah first time in a while as an Arsenal where I'm actually looking forward to next season. And on top of that it doesn't look like the spending is stopping just yet. August 10th. Community Shield. Arsenal vs Manchester City I hope we start the season with a bit of silverware.
Original post by Kruz
Yeah first time in a while as an Arsenal where I'm actually looking forward to next season. And on top of that it doesn't look like the spending is stopping just yet. August 10th. Community Shield. Arsenal vs Manchester City I hope we start the season with a bit of silverware.

Well I'm definitely looking forward to this community shield more than the previous one anyway. :smile:
Original post by CB91
Every single major site other than SSN is reporting £75m.

Marca reporting €75m while Sport reporting €81m.
Reply 455
Original post by Kruz

Loooool are you forgetting how they ripped you apart at the Etihad. Arsenal are deluded if they think they can win the title without a DM and a new ST tbh. All you've done is enhanced your flat-track bully status so far, you need to add a clinical beast to spearhead the attack (like Costa) and a midfield enforcer (like Matic). Until you get those 2 players you ain't finishing above 4th if that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Loooool are you forgetting how they ripped you apart at the Etihad. Arsenal are deluded if they think they can win the title without a DM and a new ST tbh. All you've done is enhanced your flat-track bully status so far, you need to add a clinical beast to spearhead the attack (like Costa) and a midfield enforcer (like Matic). Until you get those 2 players you ain't finishing above 4th if that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guarantee you that Costa will flop btw...

In terms of midfield enforcers, we're in the market and we'll see what happens. Wenger seems to have got a taste for signings :tongue: But we wont be signing a top striker, Remy will be it. Having said that, I honestly see fit and rotated Giroud/Remy as superior to Costa.

That 6-3 was actually alot closer than it appeared on the surface as well. Could very easily have been a 5-5 but for some weird refereeing and the game getting away from us late on and City adding some gloss.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well the difference is that the new signing is likely to feature.

That said, Hazard played in the 2012 Community Shield after he had just signed for Chelsea yet the other team still won
Reply 458
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think anyone here is suggesting we'll win the league without a DM or striker tbh.

What team do you support? United?
Reply 459
Original post by Zürich
Guarantee you that Costa will flop btw...

I guarentee you that he'll score 25+ goals in all competitions btw....

Haven't seen you linked with a midfield enforcer tbf... You purely just need someone to break up play, they don't even have to be technically good, you've got so many good technical players they should purely win the ball back then pass it along.

Yeah City were lucky a lot last season with decisions, especially against top teams at home (Liverpool game as well as you guys). Overrated team last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest