The Student Room Group

I work in the City, ask me nothing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Most probably not. I'm sure there are other more tolerant families that might want them.

Yeah you are right. I heard that you are not supposed to keep them in your house.

Do you have siblings?
Reply 181
Would you rather fart in an elevator, surrounded by pretty girls, or poo yourself five minutes walk away from your house?
Original post by Roger1
Yeah you are right. I heard that you are not supposed to keep them in your house.

Do you have siblings?

2, a younger brother & sister.

Original post by nohomo
Would you rather fart in an elevator, surrounded by pretty girls, or poo yourself five minutes walk away from your house?

The former, much less hassle.
(edited 9 years ago)
Did you get the internship placement through SEO?

Do you think they (SEO) were worth the hassle?

ArsenalObsessed here btw
kthxbai.

Spoiler

Are daily expenditures higher nearer the city than elsewhere(i.e things like food, drinks, clothes)?
Do you live near the city?
Original post by themorninglight
Did you get the internship placement through SEO?

Do you think they (SEO) were worth the hassle?

Spoiler

No. Although, I got a few other work experience placements through SEO which I had to turn down because of my current internship. But yes, if I didn't manage to pull this those back up placements at the leading financial institutions were more than definitely worth the hassle. I passed the interview stages for a couple BBs. They've helped me get into places such as HSBC / Morgan Stanley / Barclays and also helped improve my CV and cover letter. :biggrin:

I can't remember who advised me to apply in the Somali Soc but I am immensely grateful.

Original post by 1drowssap
Are daily expenditures higher nearer the city than elsewhere(i.e things like food, drinks, clothes)?
Do you live near the city?

Yes, the city is a very expensive place with all kinds of inflated prices but I suppose demand/supply justifies that. I live in South-east London so about a 30-40 minute train journey away and the prices are steep in comparison to other parts of the country but still affordable.
No. Although, I got a few other work experience placements through SEO which I had to turn down because of my current internship. But yes, if I didn't manage to pull this those back up placements at the leading financial institutions were more than definitely worth the hassle. I passed the interview stages for a couple BBs. They've helped me get into places such as HSBC / Morgan Stanley / Barclays and also helped improve my CV and cover letter. :biggrin:

I can't remember who advised me to apply in the Somali Soc but I am immensely grateful.

Yeah, that was me haha. I'm glad it worked out for you, I decided that that career path wasn't for me so turned all their offers down. The insight days and networking dinners at Goldman Sachs/HSBC/KPMG were a lot of fun though :smile:
how did you get ur job?
Original post by themorninglight
Yeah, that was me haha. I'm glad it worked out for you, I decided that that career path wasn't for me so turned all their offers down. The insight days and networking dinners at Goldman Sachs/HSBC/KPMG were a lot of fun though :smile:

Great, KPMGs an accounting firm btw. :rolleyes:

Original post by GnomeMage
how did you get ur job?

Networking, as previously stated.
Reply 189
Do you deem yourself to be sexy?
How do the girls rate you?
Original post by Roger1

These are people you are talking about here...

Anyone who would even contemplate kicking out their own children because of their sexuality does not deserve to ever have children. What a vile person you are.
Reply 191
Original post by Law-Hopeful
These are people you are talking about here...

Anyone who would even contemplate kicking out their own children because of their sexuality does not deserve to ever have children. What a vile person you are.

I wasn't actually referring to their sexuality in my post.
Original post by Roger1
I wasn't actually referring to their sexuality in my post.

Ah yes, I was. My apologies.

Instead you were talking of children who decided Islam wasn't for them. As if that's any better...
Great, KPMGs an accounting firm btw. :rolleyes:

Networking, as previously stated.

I am also interested in working in Financial institutions but my degree is in science. What would you recommend?
Original post by GnomeMage
I am also interested in working in Financial institutions but my degree is in science. What would you recommend?

Learn some foundation stuff and apply for summer internships.
Original post by Roger1
Do you deem yourself to be sexy?
How do the girls rate you?

No.
I've never inquired.
What's the drug culture like?
Original post by Junglee
What's the drug culture like?

It's surprisingly inconspicuous and that's as much as I'm willing to uncover on the matter.
It's surprisingly inconspicuous and that's as much as I'm willing to uncover on the matter.

boring
Just two more questions:

What are you studying? & At what age did you start networking?

Quick Reply

Latest