The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by MissOvoxo
Sorry for your experience! Maybe she has rejection issues I don't know! I hear you.:smile: I'm urhobo, we like the drink!lol not many people know of us. We come from around the Niger Delta.

yes I know someone who is urhobo. they told me quite a bit about Niger Delta. I also know an ijaw guy from there too. I was told urhobo had something to with coming back from the colonies (although im probably bastardising that whole story so forgive me.) but yes I'm Irish we love a drink too. infact Irish and Nigerians both love guinness equally! lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by matthewduncan
Erm That has nothing to do with the post you quoted me on

It does. Anti-whiteness goes hand in hand with an automatic mistrust of whites. As I said, I'm there to prove myself as a suitable partner for your daughter, not single-handedly redeem 400 years of history.
Original post by fojodef
yes I know someone who is urhobo. they told me quite a bit about Niger Delta. I also know an ijaw guy from there too. I was told urhobo had something to with coming back from the colonies (although im probably bastardising that whole story so forgive me.) but yes I'm Irish we love a drink too. infact Irish and Nigerians both love guinness equally! lol

Funny cos I live in Ireland and I would be classed as Irish bcos of my dual citizenship!lol
Reply 203
Original post by MissOvoxo
Funny cos I live in Ireland and I would be classed as Irish bcos of my dual citizenship!lol

oh wow! i take it your in northern ireland then?

interesting how come your family chose ireland?

i know a lot of catholics came over as refugees back in the day due to all the islam vs christianity stuff going on. but now people come over for loads of other reasons so im jus curious?
1. White girls because I am only attracted to them.

2. All other races for the reason above.

3. See above answers. Black girls are no different.

4. Not a Caucasian guy.
Reply 205
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

To all those out there thinking this is to give black girls a confidence boost or to tear down their pride, get of your high horse, some people enjoy seeing opinions of others for the sake of learning, i am here to see the generalisations, of course i know people are different everywhere, if everyone was the same life would be boring.

If you do not approve of the thread simply don't answer it, and waste my time.
Arguments are obviously expected but try not to me immature about it please.

Thank you to all those that have given me answers to work with :biggrin:

I think you started this whole thread simply to make yourself feel better, you want to read the positive messages from white guys/people to make your self hating self feel better.

This thread has nothing to do with getting to know others likes or gain knowledge Its just about you getting some sort of ego boost from people with positive thoughts about black women. When you read negative opinions you will cry ignorance/racism I think the mods should really just ban this thread as they do others with similar subject matter.

You even specifically asked in option 3 about black women you are not here to learn about peoples preferences just to read pleasing comments about black women in effect making this whole thread instantly biased.

''4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.''

So you want to learn why Caucasian guys may not like black girls more why , so you can learn of ways to change yourself for them?

I am surprised the mods even let this thread through when half the time people who start similar threads about black woman get banned.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 206
Original post by matthewduncan
tbh as much as i love black girls from time like 95 percent of black women are walking around with asian hair its definitely a self hate issue no two ways about it .
All this black hair is "hard" to maintain and "its a protective style" is a cop out.
We are the only race that does it and it is not normal behaviour.
And lets be real about things for a second,the vast vast majority of asian and white girls and other races do NOT wear weave,im taking like 90 plus percent where as near enough all black women do.
Sure if there is an important social event,a prestigious gathering of some sort then yes other races they might wear extensions but black women are the only ones walking around with asian hair like its their own.
Also when a white or other races gets extensions they are getting hair that matches their hair texture.Black women are walking around with asian hair.
We are not flipping asian.nothing about us is asian.our hair grows up not down.
Imagine if white girls started walking outside their house wearing afros.Everyone will be looking at them like are these girls actually crazy or mentally ill.This is not normal behaviour.
Its self hate

I totally agree with you matthewduncan and I will go further and say that I think a lot of black girls sadly maybe suffer from mass brainwashing/hypnosis.

I think the fact that the majority wear weaves is proof itself of a sort of mental disorder this in itself makes me less attracted to them because I cannot be attracted to anyone who feels their natural state is unattractive. A lot of them use the defence of it being easier to manage I think that is a big cop out these are the same people who will criticize the way a Caucasian mother of mixed raced children by mixed here I mean the child being of black and white parentage.

They will criticize the way a Caucasian mother takes care of her mixed child's hair and say she is not doing it right yet at the same time fail to see their own hypocrisy when they can't or choose not to manage their own hair and instead choose to wear weaves.

I see a lot of Caucasian mothers with mixed children and their kids' hair looks fine to me no one should try and point fingers at them especially women who have problems of their own when it comes to child rearing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 207
Original post by DAtgirlxox
i live in a white area and am black and have dated white guys but weirdly I've never dated a black guy. i guess the type of relationship you have has something to do with the people you surround yourself with and the area you live in. I am Nigerian and i do agree that a lot of 'black girls' are quite loud and outgoing purely due to the area they live in and the people they surround themselves with but i know loads of calm and lovely friendly kind and quiet black girls who are like that mostly because they live in that type of environment/area. Guess it goes to show that not all of them are loud outgoing and scary.
i am probably more obligated to date somebody white because im not the 'typical black girl' i.e. i don't have the 'assets' of a normal black girl because im petite and most black guys dont want to date me because of that and like the typical big bum and chest and thick thighs.
there isn't anybody that i wont date i don't really get affected by the color of somebody's skin or race
for 3 ive given my opinion above ^^
and lastly i dont think that white boys dont like them i think its because there scared of them and intimidated by some of them
tbh everyone is equal in their own way and relationships shouldn't be judged by race at all but a white person and black person AS TEENAGERS can definitely work and isn't rare.

I have no idea what you mean here by 'typical black girl' It seems to me you are comparing yourself to the stereotypical view of a black girl i.e being loud having a big bum and chest and thick thighs be clear here I am only using descriptive words you typed up. It seems you think you're somehow more special or above these other 'typical black girls' you described, you must be quite a catch.

As for the bit I put in bold I think it's total gibberish its nothing but your assumptions sure some black guys may like girls with a big bum and thighs that is no proof for a reason why they don't want to date you. Reading your post I think it may be more to do with your unlikable personality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 208
Original post by Sopheea
Exactly, i hate voicing it out because of all the to condemning i get but, black people come of as too racially aware, its not necessarily a bad thing sometimes but most times it makes them hostile, i mean its good to be proud of your color but i wish people didn't use it to promote separatism

Black people are too racially aware, I am surprised you would type this nonsense Sophea you being black yourself. Of course black people would be racially aware when they have probably grown up having people judge them simply on the colour of their skin.

I don't know any black people that promote separatism as you state, than describing black people us hostile just where are you going with this ? this post was just confusing especially coming from yourself a black girl perhaps you are not totally aware of yourself maybe.

Not surprised though cause you created this whole thread for an ego boost being a self hater.
Reply 209
Original post by Rlove95
This. Very few of my friends would actually care. I have a few friends who are open to dating all different races so like white guys as well as black as well as Asian but majority of the black girls I know only like black guys and wouldn't really care if white guys (specially on an internet forum) thought they weren't attractive. I think a lot of people have started viewing black girls as victims who are all seeking approval from white guys but thats really not the case. Not all of us find it hard to get guys or are struggling in this dating world, in fact most of us don't even notice that we are the 'least attractive race'. I know when I was on a night out with my friend the other day, we were continually approached by asian guys, white guys etc. If it wasn't for TSR I wouldn't even think there was an issue.

I think you are more aware of the way others see you then you claim this whole thread was started simply because a black girl needs approval from white guys. It's sad you black women seek the attention of white guys so much you treat them better than black guys I mean even your whole personality changes when you date white guys and this is a fact, I am not the first to say it you bring the negativity to the black men but the white guy gets all your good bits.

I also think the problem here is you are basing all your energy on your looks most of the time a person's attraction to another is not about looks look at your behaviour look at your personality and the way you treat others attraction is not simply based on the physical.
Original post by fojodef
I've always had the suspicion that having weave/relaxed hair was more a thing to do with maturity. for example commonly i only ever see black children with natural hair whilst their mother often has weave/relaxed hair.

and then it seems to be around adolescence that the weave/relaxer comes in.

so i just kinda guessed that the mother acts as a role model of womanhood for girls to aspire to and so they aspire to have hair like the mom. even if the moms natural the other girls at school plus noticing all the other women will must influence them.

i seriously find it hard to believe that rubbing lemon juice on you will stop your skin producing melanin. i think your friends are just scared you'll find out their bleaching or dont want to give away what they consider to be "beauty secrets"

as for the edo girl. yea as i said she was just the one girl. lol when i told me friend (Ijaw) seemed to be like "ahhh yes... she is just pissed because they used to be very powerful and are now very small... i understand why shes angry" dunno if he's just s**t stirring or if that that kinda gossip rivalry is true tho lol

To be honest as a girl you typically talk about hair, makeup, clothes and boys. As a back girl you are automatically shut off from the hair and makeup part if your friends are mostly white. Sometimes when you are young its easier to just go with the flow, relax your hair until you are mature enough to understand what really matters.

i wear my hair in braids because I am too lazy for natural hair. It spend about 6-8 hours every 2 months getting my hair done and for the rest of that time i don't touch my hair. For those who say it is easy to deal with, i would like to remind you that there are different grades of coarseness. Whilst your girlfriend may have had soft hair another may have really knotty coarse hair. Also when you wash afro hair it shrinks up to 10x its original length which means it has to be brushed out or heated to stop more knots from developing.

if i told any of you that you would only have to do your hair every 6 - 8 weeks what would you say. weave or braids doesn't make you insecure it just means you opted for an easier lifestyle which may be necessary to some or an optional benefit to others.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by themorninglight
I've always wondered, why is that if a white person grows an afro/dreadlocks they're considered "cool" or "edgy", but black women wearing weave is considered "self hate"?

A white person growing their own real hair in to dreadlocks is not the same as black women wearing weave.

Yes dreadlocks may be of black culture however these white people are not wearing fake dreadlocks on their head its their real hair not a fake imitation which they purchased from a store.

Whereas black women are choosing to wear hair from different sources this hair is not their own they did not grow it. It either comes from horses or women from other nations usually in places like India.

How is it that you cannot see the difference? perhaps you just choose to overlook it but people with intelligence can't be fooled.

Yes it can look cool or edgy on a white person having dreadlocks and sometimes it even looks disgusting the fact is its their own actual hair.

To other posters who will argue that white women also wear weave, yes this is a fact, however, they are wearing a weave similar to their own hair texture you don't see a white woman wearing a fake afro on their heads all year round in order to look like a black woman. So your argument does not stand up because they are not wearing it to look like women from a different culture.

I can't totally blame black women I don't really understand the mental process behind wearing the weave it's never attracted me, I can only assume its a way to adapt to the western idea of beauty. Really though a person should love themselves and be happy about how they naturally look if you can't do that I question how you can love another.

Also you are passing this negative thought process down to your daughters which is wrong do you ever think of this? would you not want to stop this cycle of self hate? This weave industry is a quite a big business and the money does not even go back to your community since most of these hair companies are not owned by black businesses.

Also remember if you're telling the men in your community that this western idea of beauty is what you want to look like don't blame them when they go get themselves a real western woman with real western hair.
Reply 212
Original post by Rlove95
Yeah if they feel that looks nice, whats it got to do with you?

They might be, I still don't understand why its your business. You aren't talking about the white girls who walk around with weave, or the asian girls or anything like that. Solely focusing on the black girls. If a white girl gets extensions, its just beauty but if a black girl does it suddenly they hate themselves?

Its not a serious problem, its about as serious as the problem of make-up, or fake tan or heels or push-bras. Its just one of the many things girls do to make them look nicer. If you have problem with girls doing stuff to make themselves look better or to make themselves feel more comfortable thats another issue but don't act like black girls are all self-hating traitors.

I'm not going to lie and say black girls don't try to emulate western culture by using weaves, contouring their noses etc but I don't necessarily think that means they hate their blackness. I don't think its that big of a deal. Its like European people who try emulate Japanese culture, they think something looks nice so they do it themselves. If I think long hair looks nice and I want to have long hair, I don't see the problem? That doesn't mean I want to be white or that I hate being black, I'm just adopting part of the western image that I like. Just like how some European will wear tribal print clothes, doesn't mean that they want to be part of an African tribe, they just like tribal print so decide to wear it because they view it trendy. We all adopt stuff from eachothers cultures.

Maybe its his business because he may be a black guy who cares for the mental health of females in his communities and the way they see themselves.

Maybe its his business because he has a right to have a preference in women and does not like women with weave.

No he is not talking about white girls or asian girls why not?
Because like me he has never seen a white or asian girl wearing hair texture belonging to a different nation of people.

Have you seen a white woman with an Afro weave? I doubt it and even if a white woman does have an Afro its likely really hers and not brought from a store.

Of course its a serious problem we are talking about a large group of women who hate how they naturally look and therefor attempt to look like women from another people. This causes within these women self worth problems and mental health problems.

Your euro - japanese culture argument is so weak, how many europeans do you actually see on a daily basis trying to look like japanese people? I can tell you this is only something I have seen online in sites like youtube not a daily thing.

You know everything matthew said was right and your only arguement is basically I liked to do it so what? or everyone else does it so what?

Problem is everyone else is not wearing weave on mass like black women do weave that emulates another people and they are certainly not doing it for similar reasons.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
A white person growing their own real hair in to dreadlocks is not the same as black women wearing weave.

Yes dreadlocks may be of black culture however these white people are not wearing fake dreadlocks on their head its their real hair not a fake imitation which they purchased from a store.

Whereas black women are choosing to wear hair from different sources this hair is not their own they did not grow it. It either comes from horses or women from other nations usually in places like India.

How is it that you cannot see the difference? perhaps you just choose to overlook it but people with intelligence can't be fooled.

Yes it can look cool or edgy on a white person having dreadlocks and sometimes it even looks disgusting the fact is its their own actual hair.

To other posters who will argue that white women also wear weave, yes this is a fact, however, they are wearing a weave similar to their own hair texture you don't see a white woman wearing a fake afro on their heads all year round in order to look like a black woman. So your argument does not stand up because they are not wearing it to look like women from a different culture.

I can't totally blame black women I don't really understand the mental process behind wearing the weave it's never attracted me, I can only assume its a way to adapt to the western idea of beauty. Really though a person should love themselves and be happy about how they naturally look if you can't do that I question how you can love another.

Also you are passing this negative thought process down to your daughters which is wrong do you ever think of this? would you not want to stop this cycle of self hate? This weave industry is a quite a big business and the money does not even go back to your community since most of these hair companies are not owned by black businesses.

Also remember if you're telling the men in your community that this western idea of beauty is what you want to look like don't blame them when they go get themselves a real western woman with real western hair.

Weave is never made out of horse hair.

The majority of people do not wear weave out of social approval, go on youtube and type in hairstyles of 4C hair or wash and go twists or maintain gin black hair you will see the effort required to keep black hair in shape. Scientifically it is thinner than Caucasian hair in the sense that we have less hairs on our head and it is also weaker.

'Money does not even go back to your own community' - why would I care about a business owner just because they are black.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini

Erm, okay lol. I really think you're taking his issue way too seiously. When did I ever say any of the stuff you're mentioning? I also think that natural hair is the way to go, all I'm saying is that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her hair. And why is a white woman wearing extensions different to a black woman wearing extensions? Get real. Both are wearing fake hair.

Original post by Mancini

Lol? I have never worn a weave in my life, I don't need one and I even know what one looks like. I don't plan to pass anything of the sort down to my future daughters (God willing) because I'm pretty confident I don't think like that anyway.

Original post by Mancini

"Real western women with real western hair" lol I can't tell if you're being serious. I couldn't care less what the men in my community do tbh. They can do what they want
Reply 215
Original post by lokolika
Weave is never made out of horse hair.

'Money does not even go back to your own community' - why would I care about a business owner just because they are black.

Weave is made from horse hair maybe you need to do some research and I don't expect a woman with self hate issues to care about her own community.
Im a black girl and I understand any prejudice. All to often I see the loud mouth twerkin girl who can't spell her own name and it pisses me off. I judge people based on appearance even though its clearly not right.

If I go somewhere, Im more likely to speak to white people just because they are more likely to be 'more sophisticated' (racist I know). I don't know why since I come from a family of lawyers and doctors for at least 3 generations and I would hate it if people assumed that we were below them just because of race.

Its mostly subconscious to be honest. I have the same thing with people with northern accents, don't know why. Even though I know people should be treated equally, its like choosing which berry to eat If I know that most people eat raspberries I would pick that over a less familiar berry that was perhaps more likely to be poison.

Also statistics don't lie. Im fully aware that certain races are more likely to be from certain socioeconomic backgrounds. even though I don't like being juded I have just concluded that since this is not possible I will just make sure i get all A*s, speak with a 'good accent' and overall try harder to overcome the challenges of life.

Despite what I have said I wouldn't change who I was for the world.
Original post by Mancini
Weave is made from horse hair maybe you need to do some research and I don't expect a woman with self hate issues to care about her own community.

I hadn't realised that all white people had to buy from white business owners and all blacks from blacks. I would happily purchase bread from my local corner shop to support a business in my community rather than go to Tescos but I don't understand why the fact that white people owned a business should deter me from purchasing their products.
Original post by Mancini
I think you are more aware of the way others see you then you claim this whole thread was started simply because a black girl needs approval from white guys. It's sad you black women seek the attention of white guys so much you treat them better than black guys I mean even your whole personality changes when you date white guys and this is a fact, I am not the first to say it you bring the negativity to the black men but the white guy gets all your good bits.

I also think the problem here is you are basing all your energy on your looks most of the time a person's attraction to another is not about looks look at your behaviour look at your personality and the way you treat others attraction is not simply based on the physical.

What do you mean I'm more aware of the way people see me than I claim? Do you know me ? Obviously everyone is conscious of other peoples opinions of them, what I don't like is people forming their opinions solely from my skin colour alone.

I don't think this thread was made solely to see what white guys thought of black girls otherwise that'd be the thread focus. It seems like OP made a thread to find out about people's race preferences, it wasn't just about white guys and black girls.

Why do people insist on acting like black girls are desperate for white guys. This is not the case at all, yes a couple of black girls might start threads on TSR about the lack of black girl-white guy relationships or whatever but that doesn't mean all black girls seek approval from white guys. Most of the black girls I know couldn't care less.

Black girls don't treat white guys better, where are you getting this info from? If they act differently with a white guy it's probably because they are aware of the cultural differences between black guys and white guys so are probably just trying to accommodate to their culture, just like how a black guy might treat a white girl differently to fit in with what they think white girls are used to. What negativity are you on about, I don't know which black girl hurt you but please don't judge us all because of her.

All black girls, and black girls alone are basing all their attention on their looks? Only black girls yeah?
Original post by Mancini
Black people are too racially aware, I am surprised you would type this nonsense Sophea you being black yourself. Of course black people would be racially aware when they have probably grown up having people judge them simply on the colour of their skin.

I don't know any black people that promote separatism as you state, than describing black people us hostile just where are you going with this ? this post was just confusing especially coming from yourself a black girl perhaps you are not totally aware of yourself maybe.

Not surprised though cause you created this whole thread for an ego boost being a self hater.

Of course they promote separatism. Go speak to any afrocentrist and say you are a white guy who just wants to get along. See what they say

Latest

Trending

Trending