The Student Room Group

What do I do in September?

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to decide what to do in September and I have two options. I can do a BTEC at art college in film and tv which I know I will love then study film at uni. (are there any jobs in this?) Or I can take alevels at sixth form (I'm in year 12, just finished a level 2 performing btec so retaking year 12 next year) At sixth form I would study History, Statistics, Photography and Philosophy and Ethics. That could leave me with more choice for uni. My family say do the BTEC. So any helpful advice? I'm also not that popular at my old school and id be joining the year below me. I'm just not sure if I would fit in. Also what sort of degree could I do with those A-Levels?

Thanks in advance,
Ben x
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone...
Would you consider yourself capable of getting good A Levels?
Original post by ✈ ✈
Would you consider yourself capable of getting good A Levels?

I believe so.
Original post by actorboy1997
I believe so.

And what do you want to do in life?
I'd say if you were to do the BTEC, then you may only be able to apply to degrees in that particular field whereas the a-levels would lead you to loads of degrees (which Would include film)
Original post by ✈ ✈
And what do you want to do in life?

film. But are there any jobs in that area?
Original post by actorboy1997
film. But are there any jobs in that area?

Best way to find that out is start researching universities then looking at specific universities on uni stats (https://unistats.direct.gov.uk), that gives you a figure for employment 6 months after finishing the course. I think it's important if you choose to do A levels that you actually enjoy them. If you don't enjoy the A levels you are doing then you aren't too likely to want to put the work in so that's something to consider too.

Quick Reply

Latest