The Student Room Group

Thinking About Becoming a Muslim. Ask me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Anonymοοse
It's not at all derogatory, it's even mentioned in the Qur'an the Muhammad is the slave/servant of Allah, so yes you were wrong in this instance and no I'm not a Christian, you seem to have some kind of agenda against Christians though, why so mad?

Can confirm I completely misread your post. Apologies.

Original post by Dan.dont
breath of fresh air? Duplicate member lol. Im trying not to be rude here hahaha. Oh and btw you're probably the only one who thinks that.

Alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is so much inconsistency in what
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
I hope you realise that the 'religion of peace' is run by non-muslims who want to make Islam look bad

Apostasy in Islam- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDE0z42wpr4 -This guy knows his stuff. Start the vid at 7:38

So are the lines/quotes the religion of peace uses made up?

If not, I don't really see how some of them can be taken out of context. They look pretty in context to me.

It almost feels like some of you brush some of the less desirable details under the carpet. (Am I the only one who feels this?)
Original post by Harjot
There is so much inconsistency in what

So are the lines/quotes the religion of peace uses made up?

If not, I don't really see how some of them can be taken out of context. They look pretty in context to me.

It almost feels like some of you brush some of the less desirable details under the carpet. (Am I the only one who feels this?)

Actually, they are taken out of context...
surah 4:89: '...slay them wherever you find them...' (this is what is written on that website)
but what they don't include is what is written straight after that verse
surah 4:90: '...if they hold aloof from you and wage no war against you and offer you peace, Allah allows you no way against them.'
Actually, they are taken out of context...
surah 4:89: '...slay them wherever you find them...' (this is what is written on that website)
but what they don't include is what is written straight after that verse
surah 4:90: '...if they hold aloof from you and wage no war against you and offer you peace, Allah allows you no way against them.'

What about the rest of the lines?
Original post by Harjot
What about the rest of the lines?

what lines?
Original post by Al-farhan
So, umm you have nothing worth saying other than copy-pasting basher website links.
Great:colone:
Move along, next in line please!!!!

really? these lines come directly from the quran...looks like someone is in denial
Reply 126
Original post by arfah
I like you:adore:

One big family :smile:.
Reply 127
Original post by trustmeimlying1
hmm once I heard the irish part I had to help:P

sorry to hear about your experience in a catholic church..I dont know half of the responses anymore!:P (theyve been changed recently enough) it doesnt matter!

but its grand you wana join islam and its great you really thought about it

the one thing i will say about it all is that perhaps you should go with the religion of your family..if they have one:?

it would make things easier..and you could be very dedicated regardless of what religion youre in

I for one am a more conventional catholic "picking and choosing"
I have no problems with homosexuals but agree with the bulk of churches teachings..

furthermore I prefer certain aspects over others

so whatever religion you choose id advise taking a personal approach

best of luck tho...great to see yeh so interested

dia duit!

well my immediate family isnt religious. once my ma moved to the uk she pretty much dropped Catholicism straight away and turned to more hippy stuff like buddhism. not that she is a buddhist. but just very alternative. infact she almsot god sent to a magdalen laundry because she wore more than two earings in one ear loool. but my extended family, grand parents, uncles/aunts cousins etc, are all catholic. but i only really get see them like once a year when i go back for christmas.

GRMA
Original post by fojodef
dia duit!

well my immediate family isnt religious. once my ma moved to the uk she pretty much dropped Catholicism straight away and turned to more hippy stuff like buddhism. not that she is a buddhist. but just very alternative. infact she almsot god sent to a magdalen laundry because she wore more than two earings in one ear loool. but my extended family, grand parents, uncles/aunts cousins etc, are all catholic. but i only really get see them like once a year when i go back for christmas.

GRMA

dia smuire duit a chara

yeh do whatever and the irish will have your back
I mean islam would be different but personally I wouldnt mind
Reply 129
Original post by trustmeimlying1
dia smuire duit a chara

yeh do whatever and the irish will have your back
I mean islam would be different but personally I wouldnt mind

GRMA mo chara

i appreciate the support.
yea i havent made a decision yet. so we will see. still havent seen the coptic church yet so that should be interesting. so we'll see.
The irony! Thinking? Thats something you need to take up because if you just thought for an ounce of a second you would realise that no where in the Qur'an does it say terrorism is allowed.
did i claim it does anywhere? the quran is silent on many things that muslims are involved with, including using the internet, which are doing right now.

Those who are terrorists are NOT Muslim because they are going against Islam
. there is no comment in the quran that terrorism is against the quran either, nice hypocritical view there. the point i made was show you the facts of a case of a convert that then went on to plot terrorist activity. actually if you look online you will see a lengthy list of converts form the West alone who go on to commit or attempt terrorist acts. if you ignore this fact but then try critisise a lack of 'thinking, then that is the real 'irony'

You cannot base individuals on the whole religion..if this was the case Islam would not be the most fast growing religion across the world, people would not find as much peace in Islam as they do.
the speed of growth or otherwise has nothing to do with its peacefulness. i can point you to various muslim majority countries which are the most unpeaceful on earth right now.
Just look at revert stories, one thing they all say is how peaceful and welcoming Islam is the complete opposite of terrorism which goes to show how wrong you really are
im sure they would say that. again also loook at the convert stories where the convert is implicated in some act of terrorism. its a reality of some covnerts whether you like the fact or not.
Reply 131
If a person is unable to take responsibility for their actions, needs a personal god and requires a strict routine which regulates everything down to which foot to use when entering a bathroom, then I guess Islam is the solution.

Depending on what madhab, brand, flavour or branch of Islam you join, the consequences can be daunting.

You need to accept talking animals, humans turning into pigs and that slapping a corpse with a steak revives it. And that's just the Koran. The hadith make it even worse.
You need to accept flogging and amputation as a humane from of punishment and that women have less rights than men and slaves even less.
You need to accept that you will worship a god who, while you relax in heaven, sipping wine and having sex with lovely, fake virgins, that the people you love and who are non-Muslims will be tortured by the god you worship for eternity? You get to watch how their skins are burnt and replaced over and over to make them suffer even more.
Your wives have to ask your permission if they want to go out and you can keep sex-slaves, if you like that sort of thing.
But should you change your mind and want to leave the club later, you are liable to being killed.
Good luck.
what lines?

Sorry, I meant the lines on this link - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/010-women-worth-less.htm

If you are able to explain how EACH one is taken out of context, I might be a bit more forgiving.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
did i claim it does anywhere? the quran is silent on many things that muslims are involved with, including using the internet, which are doing right now.

. there is no comment in the quran that terrorism is against the quran either, nice hypocritical view there. the point i made was show you the facts of a case of a convert that then went on to plot terrorist activity. actually if you look online you will see a lengthy list of converts form the West alone who go on to commit or attempt terrorist acts. if you ignore this fact but then try critisise a lack of 'thinking, then that is the real 'irony'

the speed of growth or otherwise has nothing to do with its peacefulness. i can point you to various muslim majority countries which are the most unpeaceful on earth right now. im sure they would say that. again also loook at the convert stories where the convert is implicated in some act of terrorism. its a reality of some covnerts whether you like the fact or not.

Honestly if I wrote just a post like this I'd be embarrassed. You say the Qur'an is silent on thing, so if it doesn't mention a certain particular thing does that mean it says they are allowed you can't add to the Qur'an. The Qur'an is our complete guide so we have what we need without your intake. Oh and you don't know the definition of a "hypocrite". I hope this post was a joke...it's shockingly bad I can only pity you if you are sincere.
(edited 9 years ago)
Honestly if I wrote just a post like this I'd be embarrassed. You say the Qur'an is silent on thing, so if it doesn't mention a certain particular thing does that mean it says they are allowed you can't add to the Qur'an. The Qur'an is our complete guide so we have what we need without your intake. Oh and you don't know the definition of a "hypocrite". I hope this post was a joke...it's shockingly bad I can only pity you if you are sincere.

your argument seems to be terrorists cant be muslim because the quran doesnt specifically mention terrorism; it doesnt specifically mention using the internet either. i dont think you really know what you are trying to say
Original post by Meenglishnogood
your argument seems to be terrorists cant be muslim because the quran doesnt specifically mention terrorism; it doesnt specifically mention using the internet either. i dont think you really know what you are trying to say

Get some new arguments...their becoming ridiculous

Quick Reply

Latest